Ultimate Fantastic Four #23 Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Well I'm not happy with the whole Zombie-Verse thing anyway.

It was a good read though. Basicly from the preview we get that Sue, Johnny, and Ben take care of the Zombie FF.

Then we go to the other universe where Reed just got back from the drug store for Mindy.

This is probably where most of the Ultimate Zombie Story they're cookin' up is gonna take place.

So they're working on a way to get to the transporter to get Reed and all the refugees back home. Z-Wolverine sniffs them out and the rest of the Marvel Zombies find them. The remaining UFF save their asses and they make it to the teleporter where Magneto stays behind to destroy it so no one will be able to use it again.

The issue ends with Sue and Johnny coming back and Reed apologizes to Dr. Storm but he says he'll handle him later after his kids meet

..... Their MOTHER!!!!!!! :shock:

So yeah, the final page was pretty cool the rest of it was... eh... but good enough.

I can't wait for Reed to come face to face with Ultimate Magneto. I think that confrontation will be very interesting.

3.5/5

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well I'm not happy with the whole Zombie-Verse thing anyway.

It was a good read though. Basicly from the preview we get that Sue, Johnny, and Ben take care of the Zombie FF.

Then we go to the other universe where Reed just got back from the drug store for Mindy.

This is probably where most of the Ultimate Zombie Story they're cookin' up is gonna take place.

So they're working on a way to get to the transporter to get Reed and all the refugees back home. Z-Wolverine sniffs them out and the rest of the Marvel Zombies find them. The remaining UFF save their asses and they make it to the teleporter where Magneto stays behind to destroy it so no one will be able to use it again.

The issue ends with Sue and Johnny coming back and Reed apologizes to Dr. Storm but he says he'll handle him later after his kids meet

..... Their MOTHER!!!!!!! :shock:

So yeah, the final page was pretty cool the rest of it was... eh... but good enough.

I can't wait for Reed to come face to face with Ultimate Magneto. I think that confrontation will be very interesting.

3.5/5

Sounds good...and their mother is still alive? Thats interesting, guess the Tomb of Namor picks up right after this one. I'll be making some updates to the timeline after I get off work and can pick up the issues. Thanks for the review MWoF.

good conclusion. I wonder if the zombie virus will pop up again.

Hmmm, the issue was ok, like MWoF said. Liked how Magneto was so willing to sacrifice himself to save the others. Apparently this universe's Mags is much more generally noble. Anyway, decent wrap-up to this arc, and has me looking forward to Tomb of Namor.

Wamu said:
good conclusion. I wonder if the zombie virus will pop up again.
Hopefully not.

Apparently this universe's Mags is much more generally noble.
Though, I hope they never take this route and have Ultimate Magneto turning into a "good" Magneto, whose really to say this Magneto wasn't as rutheless before "The big punch".

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hopefully not.

Though, I hope they never take this route and have Ultimate Magneto turning into a "good" Magneto, whose really to say this Magneto wasn't as rutheless before "The big punch".

This is true, but I don't see Ultimate Mags EVER doing anything to preserve human life...I guess a wide-scale devastating event like this could lead to that...who knows?

Solid stuff. Good ending to a pretty good arc.

The art, as usual, is beautiful.

Definitely wasn't expecting Mags to stay behind and sacrifice himself. Or to see Mrs. Storm at the end. This should be interesting.

4/5. I liked this a lot and it's nice to see this book being written by someone who seems like he's enjoying it.

Ya know I never really liked the FF EVER but this arc actually pulled me in.

I absolutly loved Mags in this, though it was weird seeing him being that noble but hey another universe another personality.

loved this arc and hell might even get the next arc.

4.5/5

zone86 said:
Ya know I never really liked the FF EVER but this arc actually pulled me in.

I absolutly loved Mags in this, though it was weird seeing him being that noble but hey another universe another personality.

loved this arc and hell might even get the next arc.

4.5/5

With Ultimate Namor coming in, you definitly should give it a try.

DIrishB said:
With Ultimate Namor coming in, you definitly should give it a try.
Just as long as its not the Namor who wears only underwear and has wings on his ankles I'll read it :)

zone86 said:
Just as long as its not the Namor who wears only underwear and has wings on his ankles I'll read it :)

He seems to wear a robe/loincloth combo but he still has ankle wings.

ProjectX2 said:
He seems to wear a robe/loincloth combo but he still has ankle wings.
Hmmmm its cutting it alittle close with the loin cloth but if i can sit through Conan and Beastmaster I can read about Namor. Of course the wings still urk me somewhere in my stomach but oh well im kinda hooked on UFF now.

Hawkeye101 said:
I think Mrs. Storm looks too Much like Emma Frost.

All of Land's womans have likenesses to Emma Frost, who has a likeness to the main character from Sojourn, who's name I can't remember right now. Basically Land's females all look the same.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hopefully not.

I always thought that Ultimate Magneto is probably the most "evil" version of him from all his incarantions in comics, TV and the movies. He's just totally ruthless.

This was like The New Avengers Sentry arc for me. Part one was awesome, the middle, not so awesome, and the finale, great. The art was amazing. I loved the page with all the zombies, I must've searched it for familiar faces for almost 2 minutes. I really like the panel with "Mom", very well drawn, what with the hair in front of the glasses and everything. I would give this top marks, but the first and last page just made me crack up. Johnny going OOOOO and Sue going AWWWW? :?

But I did laugh (in a good way) when Ben just carelessly threw the truck at the door. :lol:

Hands down best part of this issue was when Ben "Wondered". Hopefully if he ever really does meet up with the Hulk it won't go down as easily as that. And before I start a whole Ultimate Hulk Vs. Ultimate Thing discussion please seek out the proper thread. There is one.

I wonder if we will see more of zombie Sue, Ben & Johnny (maybe even Reed) since they have them locked away in the Baxter Building now. :?
And since the zombies are suppose to be at the same level as the 616 versions does that mean that Ultimate Ben is stronger than 616 since he knocked out the zombie Hulk with one punch?

Ultimate Warrior said:
I wonder if we will see more of zombie Sue, Ben & Johnny (maybe even Reed) since they have them locked away in the Baxter Building now. :?
And since the zombies are suppose to be at the same level as the 616 versions does that mean that Ultimate Ben is stronger than 616 since he knocked out the zombie Hulk with one punch?

MWoF on more Zombies - I hope not.

MWoF on UW theory of Ultimate Ben being stronger than 616 Ben - Very interesting.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Not entirely. Don't forget that with no food, he wasn't at his peak level, but at one that Thing could throw 'im down with no sweat.

Latest posts

Back