Ultimate Fantastic Four #26 discussion SPOILERS

5/10

Most of the problems have been already stated.

Namor needs to be toned WAY down by the next writer because next time Reed is going to use that helmet, he is going to have to conjure up Superman, cripes.

I was expecting Namor to leave on a lame note, and so I was not too disappointed by that.

The ending was way cool as everyone has pointed out. My prediction: Next time we see Doom, we're also going to see Namor. Most likely teamed up till Doom back stabs Namor or vice versa and Doom slaps Namor to the ground. Afterwards the FF somehow thwart Doom even against impossible odds and Namor decides to be good, or at least neutral.

There was supposed to be an Inhumans reference? Wow missed that one completely.

I have to agree with the poor characterizations too. Just poor writing in general. All the characters, in general, just did not touch any part of me.

This whole arc was one of the more disappointing arcs in UFF history and Ill be quick to forget it. Millar should be really careful with his adjectives and adverbs in describing his people because it will really mess up continuity or later arcs.

Last edited:
Best part ever...

oops.jpg

Huh. I thought it was pretty good. The Fantastic Five-Oh was actually kind of cool, even though it was a little deux ex machina-ish. But knowing that it was in homage to an old FF issue...I dunno, that's kind of cool.

You know, the funniest thing to me is that I was expecting the explanation of Mrs. Storm in her undies to be very stupid thanks to Bass pointing out how it was convenient that her glasses and undies grew, but not her clothes (based on the preview) :lol:

I don't get the hate either; Millar is having fun with this and he's doing good. I know a lot of you don't like Land's art, but I really like it, and this issue was better than he usually is. I think my only complaint would be that Namor is way to strong - I would agree with that.

Solid issue. 3.5/5

Hyperstorm said:
Actually the helmet was a nod to Fantastic Four #27 which opens with Reed using the helmet to summon an image of Sue in a swimsuit. The issue also had the team fighting Namor with the help of Dr. Strange.
Then why didn't they do it in UFF #27? It would make more sense to make the homage in the issue of the same number.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Card has screwed with your standards so badly.

And you're just bitter because Daredevil wasn't in it.

Super_Human said:
Holy crap that issue slapped me in the face.Soo good.
Go discuss in the series thread. :twisted:

Back to Fantastic Four...

Here's my thoughts. Next arc is going to have nothing to do with anything that's going on and everything that's supposed to tie together will resolve in the Frightful Four Arc.

Last edited:
UltimateE said:
Huh. I thought it was pretty good. The Fantastic Five-Oh was actually kind of cool, even though it was a little deux ex machina-ish. But knowing that it was in homage to an old FF issue...I dunno, that's kind of cool.

You know, the funniest thing to me is that I was expecting the explanation of Mrs. Storm in her undies to be very stupid thanks to Bass pointing out how it was convenient that her glasses and undies grew, but not her clothes (based on the preview) :lol:

I don't get the hate either; Millar is having fun with this and he's doing good. I know a lot of you don't like Land's art, but I really like it, and this issue was better than he usually is. I think my only complaint would be that Namor is way to strong - I would agree with that.

Solid issue. 3.5/5

I agree with you here. :D

UltimateE said:

Solid issue. 3.5/5

Everyone was spoiled by Ellis' proper pseudo science talk, that's the problem. THIS is the way the Fantastic Four are supposed to be.

Was there a page missing or something? At the bottom of one page we see Namor with his hand around Reed's throat. Then a full page advertisement. Then the top of the following page has Namor in a blurring background, then Sue standing saying something about a forcefield. How did Reed get out of Namor's grip? From the bluriness I'd almost guess Quicksilver pulled him out.

Anyone have any ideas?

You know what I was mad about? There was no letters page! There wasn't any in USM either. I hope it has something to do with the amount of pages used for story, or the Vision mini, 'cuz I always look forward to finishing a UFF/USM issue these days with a letters page.

Millar FIXED UFF for me - this is pseudo-science, outlandish fun - like FF was for me first time around. Its got nods to 616 (Namor), but some original fun too (Zombies).

Its not USM - lets ultimize THIS, then lets ultimize THIS, and now I will announce the next 8 arcs until I break the record, and I will only need one word for each arc - the name of the character that will be ultimized.

..and then Kraven will fart, and that will take 3 issues to resolve because of all of the angst, and in issue 7 of the arc, we will finally get some action, but it will be watered down and cartoony.

(sorry - just an opinion, but Millar has made 6 issues of UFF more fun than 6 arcs of USM....for me. I understand that some people will have the opposite opinion, and that's what makes it fun..as opposed to the horror that is Ultimate Iron Man - all 5 issues put together were like the middle 10 minutes of a bad Seinfeld episode: I felt like I was experiencing soeone else's 'in-joke', but didn't get a resolution - just the feeling that someone was laughing, and it wasn't me.)

*rant over*

fenway said:
Millar FIXED UFF for me - this is pseudo-science, outlandish fun - like FF was for me first time around. Its got nods to 616 (Namor), but some original fun too (Zombies).

Its not USM - lets ultimize THIS, then lets ultimize THIS, and now I will announce the next 8 arcs until I break the record, and I will only need one word for each arc - the name of the character that will be ultimized.

..and then Kraven will fart, and that will take 3 issues to resolve because of all of the angst, and in issue 7 of the arc, we will finally get some action, but it will be watered down and cartoony.

(sorry - just an opinion, but Millar has made 6 issues of UFF more fun than 6 arcs of USM....for me. I understand that some people will have the opposite opinion, and that's what makes it fun..as opposed to the horror that is Ultimate Iron Man - all 5 issues put together were like the middle 10 minutes of a bad Seinfeld episode: I felt like I was experiencing soeone else's 'in-joke', but didn't get a resolution - just the feeling that someone was laughing, and it wasn't me.)

*rant over*

Agreed. Millar has made UFF fun for me.

Same here. I'm enjoying the stories. Granted, it ain't nothing like Ellis', but I don't mind. The FF arent just about science talk and all that.

Latest posts

Back