Ultimate Fantastic Four #29 (Spoilers)

Congratulations to Nur on his newfound worldwide fame!

Just read the issue.

It has two good pages - human Thing yelling "Clobberin' Time" and Thing meeting Alicia Masters going, "Thank you, God - Y'know, people think I look like Brad Pitt". :lol:

Two nice pages however, do not a comic make.

I dislike how we see Ben-Skrull appearing in the first two issues (I knew that Millar wouldn't have enough time to make those appearances make any kind of meaningful sense) then in the third, he hops around time at random.

I mean, there is no reason for Ben-Skrull to appear 500 years ago. No need for it at all. In fact, I'm scratching my head to understand the point of this entire run. Nothing happened.

Except to parallel versions of the Fantastic Four.

Wow. That's "far-fetched". The whole purpose of parallel-universe versions of our heroes is to kill them off and give them all kinds of weird and bizarre fates.

And Millar already did this in "Crossover", the first three issues of his run.

So, Millar's "crazy, far-fetched" idea-orgy of 12 comics actually has an idea that's a cliche in every science-fiction television show ever - the dystopic alternate universe - and does it twice.

Bravo.

Millar can be much better than this.

TheManWithoutFear said:
*wait for Ice to explain what this means exactly*

President Thor... Ben as Super-Skrull...

ProjectX2 said:
President Thor... Ben as Super-Skrull...
Exactly.

The story is called President Thor, yet we only get 'cameos' from him. I mean, even though Bendis likes to lable his story arcs just by character names, at least those character are there throughout the WHOLE arc!

I don't think the title was a problem. It's not really about Thor being president, but that is an illustration just how "out there" this alternate world is.

Ice said:
Exactly.

The story is called President Thor, yet we only get 'cameos' from him. I mean, even though Bendis likes to lable his story arcs just by character names, at least those character are there throughout the WHOLE arc!

Yeah....just by reading the title and looking at the covers you would think that somehow Thor became president but actually turned to be a super-skrull or something.

E said:
I don't think the title was a problem. It's not really about Thor being president, but that is an illustration just how "out there" this alternate world is.
I'm not saying it's a problem, just how it just didn't go with the story, really.

Bass said:
I mean, there is no reason for Ben-Skrull to appear 500 years ago. No need for it at all. In fact, I'm scratching my head to understand the point of this entire run. Nothing happened.

Um, yes there was. It was so Ben would know that his life would be miserable either way. Either he'd end up as the Thing or he would wind up dying, alone, as an alien 500 years in the past. Very tragic.

Also, I think the time travel affected the universe. Regardless of if nothing changed, I think whatever Ben-as-Super-Skrull did to the Transporter changed Doom.

Lynx said:
Also, I think the time travel affected the universe. Regardless of if nothing changed, I think whatever Ben-as-Super-Skrull did to the Transporter changed Doom.

Or it goes back even further to him punching the T. Rex.

E said:
Or it goes back even further to him punching the T. Rex.

:lol:

You're stuck on that damn T-Rex, aren't you?

But yes, that's possible, too. Or maybe a combination. I guess we'll find out.

EDIT: Ben just likes screwing up the space-time continuum, I think. Its some kind of sick revenge on the universe for cursing him or something.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back