Ultimate Fantastic Four #29 (Spoilers)

E.Vi.L. said:
Hmm, no.

This has nothing to do with being a genius. My Mom does that. My friend with a doctorate in Math (and who is so good that the scholarships he received allow him to rent an appartment in Paris without working* and who will probably be a full professor by the time he hits 30) doesn't.

Now, some brillant people do both, like the best Poker players in the world for example. But one has nothing to do with the other. Independant variables.

*If you don't get why it's a big deal, it's because you haven't noticed the exchange rate between CAN or US dollar and the Euro and don't realize how expensive living inside Paris is.
I'm not saying it's a genius thing. I'm saying it's more of a scientist thing. As I've done more and more study into sciences, I've noticed really good scientists are very observant people. It's a skill set that is very crucial to research, especially.

Yes, I've met people with PhDs in Math and they're generally pretty weird people. From the couple of years of calculus I've studied, I've realized many things about math that took me a while to fully understand. One that took me a while to appreciate was only certain people are cut out to be mathematicians.

compound said:
Um, stupid question... I haven't read this, or even flipped through it. What race/ethnicity is Ultimate Alicia Masters?

It was an off, chance occurance that was just thrown in there for the **** of it.

MaxwellSmart said:
It was alright. Other than the ending revealing Ben gets a blind girlfriend, I don't see what was achieved by this arc. This is the typical problem with time travel stories.

3.5/5

Long time reader, first time poster.

You did pick up on the fact that this issue revealed the TRUE origin of the FF, didn't you? The stuff up wasn't due to Von Doom's (or Damn, or whatever the hell miller called him) calculations being wrong, but because future Ben subotaged the teleporter.
I'm guessing the 'tieing together' Millar talks about is going to be where he ties all of the timelines together to show how it all fits, since currently there is a ditchonomy between the two timelines he showed us in this ark (he'll have to make them somehow circular.)

Mr Skeletor said:
Long time reader, first time poster.

You did pick up on the fact that this issue revealed the TRUE origin of the FF, didn't you? The stuff up wasn't due to Von Doom's (or Damn, or whatever the hell miller called him) calculations being wrong, but because future Ben subotaged the teleporter.
I'm guessing the 'tieing together' Millar talks about is going to be where he ties all of the timelines together to show how it all fits, since currently there is a ditchonomy between the two timelines he showed us in this ark (he'll have to make them somehow circular.)
The teleporter wasn't in this issue. They were going back in time so that Ben wouldn't get his powers and the rest of them were giving them up for his sake. Ben stopped them doing that because it was them not having powers that meant Reed wasn't distracted by researching his own powers, and trying to cure Ben of his, so he kept going with his other research which lead him to the Skrulls. He's mentioned as the one who made the first contact. Reed needs to be distracted by himself, Sue, Ben and Johnny that he doesn't go dabbling where he shouldn't.

Caduceus said:
The teleporter wasn't in this issue. They were going back in time so that Ben wouldn't get his powers and the rest of them were giving them up for his sake. Ben stopped them doing that because it was them not having powers that meant Reed wasn't distracted by researching his own powers, and trying to cure Ben of his, so he kept going with his other research which lead him to the Skrulls. He's mentioned as the one who made the first contact. Reed needs to be distracted by himself, Sue, Ben and Johnny that he doesn't go dabbling where he shouldn't.
Well put.

MaxwellSmart said:
My favorite Reed Richard flaw I've read was that he's a man trapped inside his own brilliance. There by excluding the people he loves from his life. It just seems more deep and realistic.

Currently, that could possibly contradict Ultimate Reed's character, at least for now. We've seen that even with his passion for science, he is still a man, and its a regular occurence to see Reed and Sue being sweet with each other. Reed even brags in one issue that his girlfriend is one of the hottest women in New York. Sure there are times that Reed is consumed with work, but so far its not a regular problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back