Ultimate Fantastic Four #31 discussion (spoilers)

So what if Doom got rid of the legs himself with the sorcery? That could explain why he doesn't have them anymore. It's not like he liked them anyways.

Ice said:
So what if Doom got rid of the legs himself with the sorcery? That could explain why he doesn't have them anymore. It's not like he liked them anyways.

I think he still has them. Go back to the part where the FF meet up with Doom and his feet are shadowed, then you see a man putting armor on his legs. . .I'm pretty sure that's just armor over them.

Lynx said:
I think he still has them. Go back to the part where the FF meet up with Doom and his feet are shadowed, then you see a man putting armor on his legs. . .I'm pretty sure that's just armor over them.
Didn't notice that, thanks.

I can't check though, since I don't have the issue. I read it while I was at the comic shop Thursday.

I don't understand how anybody can possibly LIKE the goat legs...

They're stupid, none of the others transformed lost their basic Skeletal structure... It makes no sense, and was just an attempt to make Dr. Doom more Satanesque.

I love Victor's new look, and Latveria is shaping up to be a very interesting place... Also: It would seem that UFF has almost caught up with UMTU's issues with the Ambassador.

Ice said:
It's the nexus of UFF.

It cannot be denied.

I see that now. All hail The Goat Legs.

Dr.Strangefate said:

They're stupid, none of the others transformed lost their basic Skeletal structure... It makes no sense, and was just an attempt to make Dr. Doom more Satanesque.

Never....ever speak ill of The Goat Legs again. Not liking The Goat Legs is gay---oh wait...nevermind. :wink:

Dr.Strangefate said:
I love Victor's new look, and Latveria is shaping up to be a very interesting place... Also: It would seem that UFF has almost caught up with UMTU's issues with the Ambassador.

I'll have to check the Timeline Thread to see where this falls....

MaxwellSmart said:
Does anyone else think Doom's going to try and have sex with Sue. If I was amoral, which I'm not, that's where my mind would be headed.

I guess I'm amoral.

E said:
Glad I'm not the only one willing to admit I fell for it. :D

I honestly did too...everyone else also probably did, they're just pulling Houdes.

Ice said:

Could be.

Lynx said:

Good point, hadn't noticed before...I really hope thats the case...its a bit too early to retcon something like that.

Dr.Strangefate said:

They're stupid,

Your opinion. Not a fact.

none of the others transformed lost their basic Skeletal structure... It makes no sense, and was just an attempt to make Dr. Doom more Satanesque.

Thats a lame argument. You're again applying logic to something which bears very little of it. Its a story, just go with it.

I love Victor's new look,

You mean his old look?

and Latveria is shaping up to be a very interesting place... Also: It would seem that UFF has almost caught up with UMTU's issues with the Ambassador.

Huh? This is waaaay past the UMTU issues in terms of chronology. I'm not sure how you're connecting this with the UMTU issue (#14 I believe was the Black Widow issue in the Latverian embassy).

Besides, there are a whole host of other clues to prove this occurs long after...I'm just too lazy to list them right now.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
I see that now. All hail The Goat Legs.

ALL HAIL THE GOAT LEGS!

DIrishB said:
I honestly did too...everyone else also probably did, they're just pulling Houdes.

Bwahahahahaha!!!

DIrishB said:
I didn't fall for it.

No really, I didn't. I read the spoilers here first and then read the issue two days later. I couldn't wait. :D

Dr.Strangefate said:

I didn't them either, but if Ben can became several times larger than he was, not to mention be completely encased in rock. . .Doom can have goat legs.

What I want to know is why did they all of a sudden start calling Victor "Dr. Doom"? That was never explained. . .

Last edited:
Lynx said:
What I want to know is why did they all of a sudden start calling Victor "Dr. Doom"? That was never explained. . .

His name is the "Ashlee Simpson's new nose" of the UU. We just don't talk about and accept it as is.

I thought the issue was good until Doom and Reed switched bodies... I fail to see where Millar will take that in one issue. It's just going to seem like a rushed defeat. BORE. I do like that he is drawing his resources from Atlantis, though. That is real cool.

It was a pretty good story but Reed should have just taken the book to Dr. Strange. In 616 Dooms mother was a gypsy sorceress or something like that, that's where the magic ties in. But it really seems to be laying the groundwork for a return of Namor. Don't tell me he just flew off never to be heard from again. It'll be interesting to see him and Doom lock horns. I mean the guy raided his home, he'll come back and want all of his stuff.

Goodwill said:
I thought the issue was good until Doom and Reed switched bodies... I fail to see where Millar will take that in one issue. It's just going to seem like a rushed defeat. BORE. I do like that he is drawing his resources from Atlantis, though. That is real cool.
I get what you mean by rushed. Reed's got to stop the flow of Zombies into the UU, banish the Frightful Four, cure Johnny and reclaim his own body. All of that in one issue is going to be difficult to do and not come across as half assed.

The Namor arc was still crappy, but this one issue has redeemed it somewhat. It also has redeemed the Skrull arc by proving the "accident" wasn't Doom's fault.

Latest posts

Back