Ultimate Fantastic Four #37 Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Since I'm the only guy who picked it up this week so far... and I don't have the issue infront of me... and I'm a little tipsy... you're gonna have to deal with this.

Thanos tells Reed that he's been waiting for him over the ages and now finally knows his name. He tells him he wants him to build the cosmic cube so that he can strip away the living wills of people and control all he encounters. A lot of political talk.

Meanwhile Ronin takes an army to a former senate house where they used to hold council. It's been devestated by a previous attack. Seed 9 follows him there.

Dreamcatcher helps free Ben after Thanos forces Ben into almost killing Johnny. Ben fights Thanos off and the FF fend for themselves against him and his minions. Dreamcatcher "downloads" knowledge to Reed on how to escape and buys time by fuseing Sue and Johnny's powers together, telling them it's easy because their biological genes are the same. The result is a giant flame shield that is unbreakable. Reed is enlightened somehow on how to get home and takes them there.

When they look around they realize something at home is wrong because it looks like a warzone... They are then confronted by Ronin who tells them they stand accused of possessing powers and so does the Earth's population that granted the powers to them.

4/5

Now I can understand why no one wanted to start this conversation off. The science is a bit heavy and confusing but I loved it. And I don't love science fiction. It's very hard to do and this was pulled off beautifully much like the entire arc has been.

I have to agree. I'm loving the science end of this arc. This is shaping up to be one the best arc of the series. Thanos could be done better, though.

4/5

The Cosmic Cube!?

Well, we know what that event that supposedly spins out of this next summer's going to deal with now.

I liked it, but this is probably my least favorite issue of Carey's FF. I know nest issue's going to rock though. And in the meantime Ultimate Vision 2 will have my favorite Carey Ultimate sci-fi.

i'm liking this arc so far...... but i was a little disapointed when he asked reed to make him the "cosmic cube" i would have rather seen the Gaunlet, but then i guess it wouldn't make sense for Reed to make a Glove.

I'm just skim reading these issues, and will go back and read them all in 1 go, cause i found it hard to keep up with all science talk, and i hate going back and reading the issues again every month, when the new one comes out

I feel the same way. I rarely reread a comic less than a year after it's been out.

I'm doing the same with 52. Everyone's rereading it and guessing the clues and everything, but for me part of the fun of that series is having everything happen so rapidly I don't have time to catch up.

Not to get off topic.

I really like this arc. The characters, although not well known (by me, at least), are real cool and interesting to read about. Carey is utilizing the Ultimate Universe very well... He's doing what most of the writers should be doing - turning the less popular concepts into something we can sink our teeth into. Kudos, Carey.

I think the only downfall that I have noticed is the amount of dialogue... It's a headache to read all of what is fit into an issue.

This issue was cool, I'm interested in what is going to happen to Thanos and that Cosmic Cube thingamagig... The next issue should be real cool.

4/5.

I really like this arc. The characters, although not well known (by me, at least), are real cool and interesting to read about. Carey is utilizing the Ultimate Universe very well... He's doing what most of the writers should be doing - turning the less popular concepts into something we can sink our teeth into. Kudos, Carey.
Well put.

I want to like this arc. Really, I do. All of you give it such great ratings and I'm sure this arc is great to all of you, but to me it's incredibly boring. :x

I keep re-reading issues with an open mind to try to appreciate them, but I can't bring myself to enjoy the experience.

Is there something wrong with me?

(And don't quote that saying "yes" like I know a good lot of you were about to do.)

1.5/5, because I like the art.

Meh. It's just... meh. I'm still just waiting for this arc to end and hoping Carey has something entirely different up his sleeve.

I want to like this arc. Really, I do. All of you give it such great ratings and I'm sure this arc is great to all of you, but to me it's incredibly boring. :x

I keep re-reading issues with an open mind to try to appreciate them, but I can't bring myself to enjoy the experience.

(And don't quote that saying "yes" like I know a good lot of you were about to do.)

Si. :)

No, I totally agree with you. I'm not sure if they could make it less interesting if they tried.

They're really trying to make Ultimate Thanos into even more of a Darkseid rip-off than the original already was aren't they? I mean giving him two sons one noble and one sadistic, a groveling servant who is terrified of him, a planet in another dimension he rules and now he even has the same goal as Darkseid. The Anti-Life Equation (before Morrison messed it up) was something that would allow Darkseid to remove free will from the entire universe and now they've made the Cosmic Cube do the same thing.

They're really trying to make Ultimate Thanos into even more of a Darkseid rip-off than the original already was aren't they? I mean giving him two sons one noble and one sadistic, a groveling servant who is terrified of him, a planet in another dimension he rules and now he even has the same goal as Darkseid. The Anti-Life Equation (before Morrison messed it up) was something that would allow Darkseid to remove free will from the entire universe and now they've made the Cosmic Cube do the same thing.

I know little of Darkseid. This sounds unfortunate though.

Great art.....not so great issue.....book still rocks harder than any other UU book.

I was kinda hoping for something more from this issue. But instead it feels as if nothing has really happened other than Thanos wanting Reed to create the Cosmic Cube.

This arc is alot of fun. The first issue really didn't do much for me but as the story progresses I'm really enjoying how it's turning out. Except Thanos. I wanted to see him kick some *** but it seems that will have to wait. The power merger between Sue and Johnny was a cool idea too, it would be great to see more of them experimenting with what they can do. The art continues to be awesome as well.

Latest posts

Back