Ultimate FF TPB Vol. 6 : Frightful

Who knows?

I liked how we got an good idea of how powerful and dangerous Doom really is. Makes you wonder how the FF are going to deal with him when he comes back.

Still don't see why it was called "President Thor" when that Thor was barely even in the arc in the first place.

I guess it was called "President Thor" to show how far the timeline can change when it is interfered with. And "President Thor" is better than "Super-Skrull" or something similar.

I loved the trade. I read it through, read my other trades, and went back to reread this. Millar/Land's UFF is incredible, and I loved every minute of it.

My favourite line would have to be: "Please. It's Mister Fantastic, not Mister Mediocre." I love that so much I put it in my signature.

Wait, at what point does the suit's arm get rocky? o.o I don't remember that. I think it did on some of the covers, though. If you're mentioning that, then they're just covers. Remember how Venom had the white spider symbol on the covers but not in canon (well, at first, at least)?

Wait, at what point does the suit's arm get rocky? o.o I don't remember that. I think it did on some of the covers, though. If you're mentioning that, then they're just covers. Remember how Venom had the white spider symbol on the covers but not in canon (well, at first, at least)?

No, I'm not talking about the covers. I've been reading comics for a very long time and I know how misleading the covers can be. :)

Still don't see why it was called "President Thor" when that Thor was barely even in the arc in the first place.

I agree. Thor wasn't the point of the story at all, so why should his name be the label of the saga.

Well this has got to be my favorite FF trade so far !!
Both stories were excellent though I'll have to read the first arc a good few times again because time travel screws me up !!

As has been said before though the second arc has got to be the best yet loved Doom !! I think he just elevated himself to my favorite villain !!
The FF are gonna have trouble when he gets back, all he wanted to was to be remembered for saving the world at the end !! the very next page is the Bugle with the headline FF save the world !! He's not gonna be happy !!

Count my vote for Millar/Land as the best run yet !!

4.8/5 Loved it !!

Oh and I thought the part where the zombie FF escaped was hilarious, it all works because the guards truly believe that zombie reed can do anything !!
Sue's line after they've rematerialised is excellent !! Plus zombie Reed had the whole building cra**ng themselves due to his constant talk of how easy it would be to escape !!

Hi all.

I read this about a week ago, and I was thinking. If that future never happened, then a) how did Ben in the SS costume go to the past, and b) why was he still alive when the future ceased to exist?

Hi all.

I read this about a week ago, and I was thinking. If that future never happened, then a) how did Ben in the SS costume go to the past, and b) why was he still alive when the future ceased to exist?

In the Marvel Universe, when a timeline is averted it becomes an alternate reality/universe. Same way Dark Beast and Nate Grey survived Age of Apocalypse in 616.

Latest posts

Back