Ultimate Forge?

She is one character i want to see. I like 616 Sage (apart from some recent "Super-Sage can beat up anything" nonsense. But one of my few complaints about the Ultimate Universe is that the characters aren't revamped enough. Sage is someone who could be revamped very differently but still recognizable.

Well, the thing with Sage is she's incredibly over used in the 616 titles. I often peak into whatever title she's in and all of the storylines sprout from her involvement with the Hellfire Club or her past catches up with her... That kinda thing. If she were to appear in the Ultimate Universe she would just have to be a character that gradually developed, like Colossus now, so we can avoid all of that jazz from 616.

Thats right. Plus, since 'Phoenix' has taken care of the Hellfire Club. Unless, when she is introduced, she brings back the Hellfire Club.....
:wink:

I can't read that post... Remember, Ice, be more clear when you express an idea! Make sure the post reads like you're saying it. ;) Change doesn't happen overnight, so work on it and let me see the improvement!

Well, I doubt that the Hellfire Club is finished just because of that one issue. Yes, it will be a touchy storyline to do after that chaotic arc, but after awhile, I don't see how they can't bring them in. SERIOUSLY.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Hellfire Club pops up again in one form or another. Especially with the 616 reapparances planned

You never know, though, right? He could really be a HUGE villain in the Ultimate Universe and you just overlooked him, Ice. He could be the one responsible for this Nightmare crap and you dissed him. C'mon now! :)

erm... to go back to the fact this is an Ultimate Forge thread... Beast is now dead, Beast had it with Storm, you think they should bring back Forge, erm... erm... this is starting to sound very familar... Uncanny X-Men #186... October 1984... Story Title: Lifedeath... ring any bells?

Issue Date: October 1984
Story Title: Lifedeath

Staff: Chris Claremont (writer), Barry Windson Smith (penciler), Terry Austin (inker), Wein and Scheele(colorists), Tom Orzechowski (letterer), Ann Nocenti (editor), Jim Shooter (editor in chief)

Brief Description:
Deprived of her powers, a depressed Storm is being housed by Forge who tries to feed her and prevent her from letting herself die. Step by step, Ororo and Forge get to know each other better and begin to fall in love. Valerie Cooper and her colleagues try to find Rogue, but it's Rogue who finds them and saves Val from an attack by the Dire Wraiths. During the battle she absorbs one of the aliens, and Xavier, who has been scanning for both missing X-Men is hit by the psychic backlash. Rogue absorbs Val's memories to find out what happened to Storm. Back in Dallas, Storm discovers the truth about Forge: he is the man who created the gun that took her powers away. Feeling betrayed she lets him have a piece of her mind and leaves him.

Full Synopsis:
After Forge's neutralizer took her powers away, Forge has taken Storm to his home in Dallas to avoid her being put into federal custody. Ororo has completely withdrawn into herself and given up on life, but Forge is caring for her and tries to feed her, but she doesn't care about anything anymore: she just wants to die.

Forge ponders on what he inadvertently did to Storm and views holographic representations of her past incarnations. The images show how he tried to prevent Gyrich from shooting and then how he draged her to the shore after she had fallen into the river. Storm who has quietly joined him looks at his holograms and tells him that he should not have saved her, it would have been better if she drowned.

At Xavier's, Nightcrawler and Professor X try to locate Ororo, in spite of Xavier having received a psychic blast from Storm which put him though a 24 hours coma. They wonder if the incredible burst of pain he received meant that she has died. Since Cerebro is unable to locate Ororo, Xavier starts to scan for Rogue instead.

In Dallas, Forge tells Storm that Rogue has vanished. She too fell into the river but she was not found when Gyrich searched for her. He then wonders why Rogue and Storm were there together, as Rogue is a known criminal, but Storm tells him that Rogue has changed, and besides she was a thief herself. At least that skill is unharmed as it was no mutant power, but Ororo can't accept the loss of the ability to fly or being one with nature. Forge tells her she'll have to get used to being human and leaves her alone and swims in a pool. Storm joins him and suggests a race to the other side. She is faster than Forge, but when she reaches the side, she notices Forge's prosthetics near the pool. She realizes that they both are handicapped and that Forge can relate to Ororo's situation. He explains that he was injured by a bomb in Vietnam.

In Caldecott County, Phillip Rosen, a colleague of Val Cooper, states that they haven't found Rogue. The government's mutant detector was destroyed by Storm's depleting energy, and Forge won't lend them his detector. Val also reports that Forge took Storm away with him. Later, Rosen is assaulted and killed by a Dire Wraith which assumes his physical appearance. Together with two with two more Wraiths, "Rosen" shows up at Val's place. They try to kill her too, but she is rescued by an infuriated Rogue who clearly would have words with her. During the battle, Rogue absorbs a Dire Wraith identity which sends a psychic backlash to Xavier who passes out.

Eventually, Rogue gets rid of the Wraith personality and hunts down Val Cooper, who has run away during the fight. As she finds her, Rogue deliberatly touches Val, both to render her unconscious so that she can't call the military and to gain her memories, thus finding out about Storm's whereabouts and the origin of the attack against them.

In Dallas, Storm is looking for new clothing, since her leather garbs were destroyed during the assault. She finds a pink evening gown among the clothes that Forge organized for her and puts it on. As she meets with Forge in the kitchen, he is shocked by her beauty and can't help staring. Getting nervous, Storm goes away to change clothes, but the two mutants ponder on their mutual, growing attraction. Eventually, they have a dinner and share a bottle of champagne.

Time passes. They talk about their past and even share a kiss. Eventually, Forge has to answer a phone call from Henry Gyrich, but Ororo overhears him saying that he doesn't want his guest to be transferred to federal custody and that he is actually the creator of the neutralizer. Hurt and feeling betrayed, Ororo rushes out of the kitchen to the holographc room. Forge activates a sequence to stop her from running away, but Storm presses an button on a control module and another scenario starts. It's Forge's past in Vietnam. Strangely enough it includes demons. Ororo tries to get out, but can't find the way. Forge tries to calm her down but she won't listen: she tells him she isn't a guinea pig, that she is a human being with rights. Forge doesn't suceed to convince her he didn't want to enslave her. Storm is infuriated that Forge created a weapon that could enslave other mutants, even though Forge states that he might be the only one who could possibly reverse the effect of the neutralizer gun, she decides to leave. Ororo says that Forge's house matches him, it's cold, cruel, sterile and ultimately a deception, and she continues that though her feet may never leave the ground, she will someday fly again.

Characters:
Nightcrawler, Rogue, Storm, Professor Charles Xavier (all X-Men)
Forge
Valerie Cooper
Phillip Rosen, Val's colleague
Dire Wraiths, alien invaders

Please tell me that didn't have the double meaning that I read into it...

Latest posts

Back