Ultimate Forge?

longshotjimlee said:
Baxter said:
I liked the long hair, gave him a sort of untamed apperance, like his only concern was the creation of his machines, not his apperance, or as was shown in book the application of them.

And damn, 7 pages? Not half bad for a character that's only shown up a few times in one arc.

are we still talking about the cat?

I was talking about Forge. :?

I think Forge would have gone on to join the X-Men if not for Millar's inability to wrap up an arc without a ton of clean up to do. ROTK was a clusterf**k of sorts because so much was happening at once and there had to be an ending by the sixth issue. There had to be some sort of resolution. All sorts of things were going on until the brash, out-of-nowhere conclusion sprung up on us.

it's wierd, (and I know the reasons why Marvel are doing this), but it is still wierd, It is fairly obvious that we want Forge, Longshot, etc to kick ass in the Ultimate Universe, but why the heckedeeheck are Marvel not using them much in the 616 world?!?!?!?

Oh, alright, the role that he plays in the X-Men Legend game.

To be honest, Forge is a very cool character with a lot of potential, however, because of his mutant ability, he usually gets shafted. He's the one sitting around making all of the gagdets for the X-Men... Which is good some of the time. I would really like to see Forge get dirty, too, and kicking some butt while he's at it. He's perfectly capable.

Yep. Unfortunatly, judging on his weak appearance, Ultimate Forge will most likely be someone that someone else comes to for gagdets. Magneto's already done this with that doom's day device.

Ultimate Forge is a young character so there is a lot of room for future developement. Its not like he's set in stone as a 50year old shaman or anything. He could be used somewhere and he coudl be developed but i don't know if he will. If he is going to be limited to a Q-type role then i think he should be sent to the Shadow team of the Ultimates. Who knows, maybe he'l pop up in vol 2

I sure hope he does... I think that he would be more useful on a team like the Ultimates than the X-Men... The X-Men have already been given what they need at the moment while SHIELD needs to keep up with stuff. SHIELD constantly needs something new so that they can get their job done more efficiently. That's the difference between the X-Men and the Ultimates... The X-Men do it because they want to and the Ultimates do it because they are getting paid.

Latest posts

Back