Ultimate Galactus Discussion/Speculation Thread..

What will Ultimate Galactus look like?

• Similiar to 616

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Humanoid

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Non-human like appearance...

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
:lol: Wow, sorry. Talk about a brain fart. ;)

I do see them changing things about Galactus. Look what they did to Sinister, Dazzler, AND Vision. ;) It's entirely possible he's built from the ground up (Possibly literally).

Super Soldier Syrup? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Don't you hate just entering the middle of a conversation, I read the first page so I didn't feel like read through other pages so I go to lastr and what do I see?
But chinchilas have no opposable thumbs.
I could just go a page back and see what that's all about, but... I don't want to know. I just wanted to say I am very very confused.

Random said:
Don't you hate just entering the middle of a conversation, I read the first page so I didn't feel like read through other pages so I go to lastr and what do I see?
I could just go a page back and see what that's all about, but... I don't want to know. I just wanted to say I am very very confused.

Your handle is Random. You should be used to non-sequiturs! :D

Maybe straying from the original topic has SOMETHIGN to do with our comic being delayed FOUR MONTHS

maybe just a little.

Now, who wants to talk about Cheeseburgers?

I am usual prepared to encounter the random but sometimes I just get thrown of. I mean "But chinchilas have no opposable thumbs" Come on!

If it weren't for my horse I would have never gone to college.

Did someone say something about horseburgers?! What? I wasn't paying attention...

Hey,

I'm new here and have been reading the discussions on the Galactus Trilogy specifically. I must admit I don't follow the Ultimate lines that well, since I have largely gotten out of collecting comics due to money problems. Though I do pick up trades when I can. I have only read Nightmare, but have been greatly interested in a lot of what has been discussed. I only registered here to express a couple thoughts I had from what I've read here and what was in Nightmare.

First off, I believe that the name Gah Lak Tus was likely coined by the Watchers and not the Kree. The Kree are probably only using a second hand loanword from a species that had experience with the coming Anti-Messiah or Uncreator, to use more of the Visions words. The use of loan words is quite common in linguistics, hell most of english is not related to the original anglo-saxon language. I also suspect that since the Vision is serving largely the same capacity as Uatu did in the 616 universe, that he is possibly a Watcher creation. This would be easily rationalized if we one assumes there will be some changes in the Watchers in the UU. After all, the vision did state that he "holds the voices of a thousand dead worlds". Kind of like collecting or cataloguing them. Anyway, that's not why I posted.

Another interesting and almost throwaway statement made by the Vision was that he was travelling "A hundred of your years ahead of the incident wave". He refers to it as a wave, as in a wave of destruction. Coupled with the strange figure eight that we seen reflected in the eyes of the dying world(made to vaguely resemble Galactus' homebase in 616 continuity) one seems to be left with the impression that at least the damage done is by some sort of energy signiture. What if that was all that was a hundred years behind him and not the big G himself?

Basically, what if Galactus employs some means of slaughtering planets before he gets there himself. Some sort of energy or device that wipes out all life and collects whatever it is he needs to survive, something that comes on in the form of a wave. Possibly overseen by an agent or avatar, one capable of riding the wave through the cosmos. Thus giving some rational to it being not unlike a cosmic surfer, and opening the door to some one derogitorily calling him little more that some "Silver Surfer".

In the mode, all Galactus need do is cruise along and scoop up what's left behind by his nasty cosmic scythe.

Anyway, just a thought.

Welcome JKlar! Great post.

The word "Gah Lak Tus" however comes from the Kree, it's mentioned in Ultimate Secret #2 - BUT I originally thought the Watchers too. It seems however, the Kree are fulfilling the role of the Watchers in the trilogy - which would imply Mahr-Vell may give Fury an Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier of some sort. That, or there is another race of Watchers, and the Kree stole it from them.

Also, very good catch on the wave - I never put the concept of the "incident wave" together with the Silver Surfer. Perhaps indeed he rides that wave (as goofy as it sounds) and gets to a planet first, setting up for Gah Lak Tus.

Indeed, I reckon Secret might be climaxing with the Surfer arriving on Earth.

Bass said:
Welcome JKlar! Great post.

The word "Gah Lak Tus" however comes from the Kree, it's mentioned in Ultimate Secret #2 - BUT I originally thought the Watchers too. It seems however, the Kree are fulfilling the role of the Watchers in the trilogy - which would imply Mahr-Vell may give Fury an Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier of some sort. That, or there is another race of Watchers, and the Kree stole it from them.

Also, very good catch on the wave - I never put the concept of the "incident wave" together with the Silver Surfer. Perhaps indeed he rides that wave (as goofy as it sounds) and gets to a planet first, setting up for Gah Lak Tus.

Indeed, I reckon Secret might be climaxing with the Surfer arriving on Earth.

Well, as I said I haven't been able to read any of Ultimate Secret. I'm waiting for the trade. At any rate, the "incident wave" surfing avatar thing does sound silly at first. Yet if you think about it, if the wave does the killing or the preporation for Galactus then it would be the easiest way in which undermine the big guy's efforts to consume a planet. If one could disrupt or divert the wave, then he'd be left without a food source upon his arrival.

It also makes a certain sense that this truly cosmic entity wouldn't dirty its own "hands" with the matter of killing a world for its consumption. Much the same way kings never drop the blade on the condemned or harvest their own crops. Or how in mythology the nastiest of punishments are not inflicted by the gods, but by the numerous creatures the gods command.

Which would dodge the bullet of having Galactus come off as too human, it would keep Galactus as this distent and terrible unknown horror. Only vaguely defined in what little of him/it that we see.

I just realised the only character nearly powerful enough to take on the surfer would be Thor :D

That theory about the wave is pretty clever, and it would make sense for the Surfer to have aides/accomplices to help him wipe out any opposition. Here's a'hopin for Terrax.

You're gonna be waitin a while for that trade, but Secret is good so far. Welcome btw.

Anyway my two cents: Ellis is a big science buff. The Big Bang that created the universe is going to reach a point where it can't expand any further(not for a loooooong time), then start to retreat in on itself. Sounds stupid, but if Galactus is taking the energy left by planets that have been i'm going to stop now :?

Johnny Bravo said:
I just realised the only character nearly powerful enough to take on the surfer would be Thor :D

That theory about the wave is pretty clever, and it would make sense for the Surfer to have aides/accomplices to help him wipe out any opposition. Here's a'hopin for Terrax.

You're gonna be waitin a while for that trade, but Secret is good so far. Welcome btw.

Anyway my two cents: Ellis is a big science buff. The Big Bang that created the universe is going to reach a point where it can't expand any further(not for a loooooong time), then start to retreat in on itself. Sounds stupid, but if Galactus is taking the energy left by planets that have been i'm going to stop now :?

Actually, wasn't there something fairly recently that indicated that the speed of stellar drift might be increasing. I only remember tangently hearing something about it from some more astrophysical science buff friends of mine. That in a sense the Big Bang wasn't so much and event but a contantly accuring phenomonon. This would seem to refute the idea that it would collapse into a Big Crunch and imply that the various components of the universe would just drift apart into seeming nothingness.

I'm likely wrong, but as I said I had only heard it momentarily at some point.

Oh, and so no one thinks I'm rude. Thanks for so graciously welcoming me to the board, even though I'm not us up to date as most present.

The big bang theory and the subsequent crunch theory are just that theories. While likely, and in some cases even referred to in religious mythologies, the big bang, and its long term effects are suppositions. We know very little about the universe.

Also, if Surfer is indeed the rider of the incident wave, and he's responsbile for decimating populaces before Galactus arrives, then he's going to be a much bigger player than in 616, which is cool.

I think Surfer is meant to show up and bait a planet, attack it, discover its weaknesses and so forth. If the planet is ripe for consumption, he signals Galactus, otherwise he moves on to an easier target. Predators, when encountering a resilient prey, will often leave to find easier prey. Same here, I think. It will also mean we can expect a real rising drama as the Ultimates try to beat the living piss out of the Surfer so he runs and doesn't send Galactus the signal.

If I remember, Surfer in 616 just went down and saw if the planet was edible, then signalled Galactus. The difference here is he would be much more hands on and hardcore.

I'm excited. :D

Latest posts

Back