"Ultimate" Greatest Hits

Funny stuff... However, the funniest thing I've seen in the Ultimate line is probably in Spider-Man. That's a comic that could actually make me laugh out loud. Jus the things he says are hilarious.

Goodwill said:
Funny stuff... However, the funniest thing I've seen in the Ultimate line is probably in Spider-Man. That's a comic that could actually make me laugh out loud. Jus the things he says are hilarious.

Speaking of which....

What about the scene between Peter and Jean Gray. Paraphrasing her...

JEAN: "... You're the first guy who hasn't automatically pictured me naked.... until now."

That had me lol!

I think another Greatest Hits nominee might be the fight between Wolverine and Gambit. Was not expecting it to end like that! But first I wanna see the rematch in UXM #53 before I make that decision.

What I just loved was two parts with Colosus.

1.) When he just took a van and just SMASHED it on Psylocke's body, in ULTIMATE X-MEN #19. That was just awesome.

2.) And the best was when he just punched the metal out of Iron Man in ULTIMATE WAR. Nothing was better than that scene in the mini.

I actually liked the scene where Beast was trying to get out of the safehouse with the Professor and the SHIELD agents were stopped up by all the Jewish holy men or whatever you call um.

Another fav. hit of mine (no. 1 in my book) is when Iceman came back during the Ultimate War/ROTK arcs. It was awesome how he just came "icing" through New York like that. And that famous line when someone asked who was that:

"The Amazing Spider-Man. Who do you think?"

You know I really liked the fantastic car disses that Ben and Johny were making during issue #10. I thought it was funny.

Another Ultimate greatest hit is:

When Gambit exploded his staff in Wolverine in Ultimate X-Men #50. That was awesome and crazy. Vaughun can sure write 'em!

There should be more great moments to follow from Gambit... He's in three more issues, at least, and there's promise for a rematch between the two rogues.

spidey pulling down Doc Ock's Pants and then knocking him out.
Doc breaking out of prison in USM
and once again "do you think this A stands for france" (prob my fav)

spidey pulling down Doc Ock's Pants and then knocking him out.
and once again "do you think this A stands for france"

2 of my faves - good call.

I know it's nothing spectacular, but how 'bout the smokestack where Peter and Carnage are fighting, before Carnage falls in to his doom. It's the death to Peter's most deadly villain so far, IMO.

but how 'bout the smokestack where Peter and Carnage are fighting, before Carnage falls in to his doom.

No wonder how many times we see villains fall to their doom, 4 out of 5 times they will be back.

I have to say that Ultimate X-men 42 (I think) was one of the most powerful things i've ever read. You can't really go past it even if you didn't agree with it. I don't quite know why it was in the New Mutants arc but it was very good. I also found it quite funny when Jean-Paul (Northstar) wakes up from his coma and the first thing he does is hit on Piotr

Pretty sure that was #41 - the kid that Wolverine met up with in the cave? It was addressed the next issue in a scene at the White House as far as how it fit in to New Mutants.

And I agree - that and Ultimate Spidey #12 (I think) where Peter told MJ that he was Spider-Man were classic.

You wanna guess why UXM #41 is right up with my nominations for december?

You wanna guess why UXM #41 is right up with my nominations for december?

It was a very uniquely emotional issue. Very touching and sad. Again, I assume you are talking about the one with the kid who kills his entire town and has to be taken care of by Wolverine.

Latest posts

Back