"Ultimate" Greatest Hits

Yeah that was the one. I remember the scene in the situation room but that was not really a vital part of the story to my mind. It doesn't really matter. My favourite funny bit was in UFF 9.

"Yeah they installed them when Strange Josie from Seattle made her stealth corset"

I literally laughed for 10 minutes.

I'm so sad sometimes

I remember the scene in the situation room but that was not really a vital part of the story to my mind.

The purpose of that, I believe, was to show that it was Fury - not Xavier - who sent Wolvie out.

That whole thing was dismissed when, really, it shouldn't have. It opened up doors for Wolverine's character as well as Fury's. I mean, Fury is supposed to be keeping the peace, yes, but at the expense of lives? Sure, Xavier killed his son for the greater good, but Fury killing a random child that he didn't know would mean to hurt anyone... There are a few things that need to be said about something like that.

Fury killing a random child that he didn't know would mean to hurt anyone

Hardly random - the kid killed an entire town of people. There was no way to change him; no one could get close enough to him to, say, do any genetic modification on him.

Hardly random - the kid killed an entire town of people. There was no way to change him; no one could get close enough to him to, say, do any genetic modification on him.

Thats right. And what if his power one day went out of control and killed more people outside the cave, even with him still in it? I think these kinds of things is what Fury thinks about, so he takes care of it, anyway he can.

Had they moved the Cerebro technology within the radius that Charles Xavier needed, they could have avoided a casualty there. He could have just shut his mind down, slapped a collar on the kid, and go from there.

Can that kind of thing be justified though? I know its been done before but it has always come across as a cop-out to stop people from confronting the fact that, sometimes, its just better for all involved. I know that sounds harsh but, as a teenager, i can say i would not want to be able to go through life without talking to someone outside a biohazard suit.

He could have just shut his mind down

Who's to say that would have kept his power from "working"?

As for Cerebro - it's not exactly portable...

Thats right. Nobody knew how exactly his powers works.

I'm just thinking that his body is going to radiate or draw out the toxins in people no matter if he's conscious or not...

As much as I like my heroes to draw a line before killing (again, look at my entry in Your Super-Hero Team (okay, I admit it, I'm proud of a well-thought concept and still waiting for some praise)), I like the idea of the government having to cross that line occationally, not because they want to, but because they have to.

Ugh. I made a 10-item list, but my comp. logged me out.
So I'll stick with one - the Giant Mecha attack on NY in Grand Theft America.
Wow.
I was not expecting that.
Not at all.
Reminded me of the old days of Gundam80 and the like.
Great stuff!

my fave Ultimate moment was spider-man tpb 1. I did not know what to expect from the ultimate comics then I saw norman osborn and thought oh its going to be green goblin in his halloween costume or his dumb power ranger wannabe costume from movie. I was wrong when i saw the goblin I was just so impressed I know some dont like him as they say he's a "hulk rip off" but for me that was that moment when you think I have to buy all of these. I know its not a moment that others will think was best but for me that moment i knew Ultimate spider-man was my comic series to collect.

My favorites so far:
-Ultimates have to take down Thor (incredible fight, one of my favorites ever)
-Spidey pulls a fast one on Kingpin, Electro, and the Enforcers and tells fat jokes to Kingpin when he runs into him (early USM)
-Wolverine takes down Iron Man in Ultimate War
-Spidey asks Black Widow for compensation for his web shooters in UXM Blockbuser
-Hawkeye + fingernails
-Magneto reprograms Sentinels in The Tomorrow People and attacks Washington

sjmole said:
my fave Ultimate moment was spider-man tpb 1. I did not know what to expect from the ultimate comics then I saw norman osborn and thought oh its going to be green goblin in his halloween costume or his dumb power ranger wannabe costume from movie. I was wrong when i saw the goblin I was just so impressed I know some dont like him as they say he's a "hulk rip off" but for me that was that moment when you think I have to buy all of these. I know its not a moment that others will think was best but for me that moment i knew Ultimate spider-man was my comic series to collect.

i like this guy....you should post more often, and if you like that version of Goblin, read Spidy India it sort'a has the same transformation of the goblin.

nigma said:
i like this guy....you should post more often, and if you like that version of Goblin, read Spidy India it sort'a has the same transformation of the goblin.

Thanks
I would read spider-man india but thats too diffent. non-american , non-peter parker ect.... (I'm not american but i think certin things make spidey what his you know?) But thank you anyway. a spider-man I wanted to read in english was spider-man manga. also spider-girl seemed to look cool. But for me I think i shall only collect ultimate spider-man

sjmole said:
Thanks
I would read spider-man india but thats too diffent. non-american , non-peter parker ect.... (I'm not american but i think certin things make spidey what his you know?) But thank you anyway. a spider-man I wanted to read in english was spider-man manga. also spider-girl seemed to look cool. But for me I think i shall only collect ultimate spider-man

i tried, but yea, spidermans has its ups and downs just depends on how you read it.

Hawkeye's escape in Ult2 #10
"Hulk do to naked guy what naked guy was doing to betty ross!"
The last page of UXM:The Tempest - "Choke yourself"
Hawkeye's family being murdered at home - not nice, just an awesome scene

Last edited:
For me it would probably be:
Colossus beating the daylights out of Magneto in ROTK
"Do you think this A stands for France?"
Hawkeye's nail throwing
Quicksilver taking down Thor in Ultimates
Spidey's fat one-liners

Latest posts