1. Kleisner was original ultimate, not super-skrull, in my eyes, but he is merely a plot device in my eyes (in order to give the srkull a face), compared to gelldorf, who might become a character in his own rights (if he ever came back into any story). I didn't like gelldorf very much, though.
2. The joke is about the following:
France surrendered to Germany very quickly during WW2. Since that happened only recently from Cap's point of view, it makes sence.
Plus: we've been laughing our ash off about it.
As for the best moment in the whole ultimate universe, yet:
I can't name one single scene, but I can list a number of favorite scenes
- Spiderman talking to Kingpin in the restaurant in Ult spidey 49 "Why did you web my feet to the ground?" - "well, I don't understand you, and you don't understand me")
- Spiderman jumping from the brooklin bridge, after MJ. I love the way he is drawn in that panel, i get excited every time I see it.
- The "Do you think this letter stands for france?"-scene
- Wolverine letting Cyclops slip on purpose. (savage land)
- the scene at the science fair in FF #1
- the last scene in FF #1 (the little toy cars)
- the battle between the Ultimates and Hulk. Especially the way the Ultimates come in, not like some costumed vigilantes, but with the ful power of the military. some great reinvention of the very concept of the super hero team