Ultimate Handbook 2005 USM & UFF [editor notes begin on pg. 7]

jtg3885 said:
I was a little disappointed. I know the continuity-free approach of the UU means we will never get really comprehensive back stories for these characters (or will have to assume they're similar to 616 until otherwise noted), but the handbook would be a great place to unload content that never made it to the printed page regarding the pasts of these people.

Exactly my feelings...I was hoping we'd get at least a little info we hadn't been privy to before...no major revelations or anything, but just something with a bit more substance...They should have used my timeline in it!!! jk

I think we now have all the info necessary for someone to do decent profiles of all the characters though.. add some cool art.. and it should rock..

Welcome Ultimate Galactus.

The Handbook can easily be found in stores. It was released yesterday in stores, so it should not be hard to find.

TheApostle said:
I think we now have all the info necessary for someone to do decent profiles of all the characters though.. add some cool art.. and it should rock..

I will say this about the handbook: I was VERY disappointed that they didn't bother using any new art. Everything in there can be identified coming from an issue. While I'm glad it was done, it just would have been done...well... better.

notTHATtodd said:
I will say this about the handbook: I was VERY disappointed that they didn't bother using any new art. Everything in there can be identified coming from an issue. While I'm glad it was done, it just would have been done...well... better.
I can defnitely concur with that.. more original art.. I actually like Bagley's take on the UFF on the cover.. much better than Land's bland crap I am seeing in the book now.

Yes, it would be cool if the Handbooks had original art, but the handbooks always had art from comics. All of them always have. Even the Encyclopedias, too.

Dr.Strangefate said:
so, should i even bother to pick this up?

That's a good question Mr. Dr. Strangefate, Sir. It has yielded some very interesting tidbits such as an art guy named Pond Scum and - I don't think anyone else commented on this - a very interesting timeline for the FF, which settles not only Ultimate Secret and (I assume) Extinction as well. It also fits in the annual and all before the current zombie arc.

Really it comes down to whether or not you're a collector freak, like looking for mistakes in continuity so you can wanggle you finger at people, and have an extra few bucks to spare.

...Otherwise, no.

I hope this eventually gets collected in a trade with the other Ultimate Handbooks.

notTHATtodd said:
That's a good question Mr. Dr. Strangefate, Sir. It has yielded some very interesting tidbits such as an art guy named Pond Scum and - I don't think anyone else commented on this - a very interesting timeline for the FF, which settles not only Ultimate Secret and (I assume) Extinction as well. It also fits in the annual and all before the current zombie arc.

So it does deal with the FF Continuity errors?

notTHATtodd said:
It is interesting to note that Geldolf is still said to come from Latveria although this was shown to be a four square block squat in Denmark (right? Denmark?)
Aren't Latveria and Christania (the place in Denmark) two different things? Latveria is a country where Geldoff and the politician in the Widow team-up come from, and Christania (aka the free zone) is the place Doom took over. So at this point the only thing linking Doom to Latveria is his ancestry. Right?

vintsukka said:
Aren't Latveria and Christania (the place in Denmark) two different things? Latveria is a country where Geldoff and the politician in the Widow team-up come from, and Christania (aka the free zone) is the place Doom took over. So at this point the only thing linking Doom to Latveria is his ancestry. Right?

That's how I understood it.

vintsukka said:
That's exactly it. :)

[QUOTE=notTHATtodd]EEEEEE!!!! Extinction has come early!!!!![/QUOTE]

oh yes i'm here to eat your world, but if your nice i might spare you, shave your head, and turn you silver. :twisted:

oh yes i'm here to eat your world, but if your nice i might spare you, shave your head, and turn you silver. :twisted: [/QUOTE]

That offer makes me feel dirty and used.

TheApostle said:
I can defnitely concur with that.. more original art.. I actually like Bagley's take on the UFF on the cover.. much better than Land's bland crap I am seeing in the book now.

WHAT!?! I like Bagley, but he's got nothing on Land. His art is so realistic, so clean and defined...how can you think Land is bland (heh, that rhymed)? You don't prefer Bachalo over say, Hitch, McNiven, or Hairsine, do you?

Latest posts

Back