Ultimate Handbook 2005 USM & UFF [editor notes begin on pg. 7]

Pandrio said:
Did anyone else notice that the Human Torch and Invisible Woman's father is Franklin Storm in the listing and William Storm in the paragraph.

Error or Storm family secret?

I was thinking it could be his middle name but they still should have specified.
But overall I think the Handbook caused a continuity error itself :lol: :lol: .

Pandrio said:
I was thinking it could be his middle name but they still should have specified.
But overall I think the Handbook caused a continuity error itself :lol: :lol: .

I believe that is what is called a misprint.

No, his name is in fact Franklin Richards. Franklin IS his first name. William is most likely his middle, and it was just mistakenly not put in.

icemastertron said:
No, his name is in fact Franklin Richards. Franklin IS his first name. William is most likely his middle, and it was just mistakenly not put in.
Do they state this anywhere in the comics, because I never read that.

That offer makes me feel dirty and used.[/QUOTE]

i'm just saying you can be my hearald, you know, like the silver surfer

icemastertron said:

boy you guys are obsesed with this. sorry for double posting UltimateE.

Ultimate Galactus said:
boy you guys are obsesed with this. sorry for double posting UltimateE.
I wouldn't say "obssed"....more like "really into the 'material'." :D

Also, made a mistake and didnt realise it until someone let me know. I mean Franklin Storm, not Franklin Richards. :lol:

The Handbook was kinda meh for me... They lacked a lot of characters that would have been easily in the handbook.

- Franklin Storm, plays a major supporting cast role for the UFF so it baffles me why he was totally left out.
- Willie Lumpkin, he may be a minor character, but he is poignant to Reed's recruitment in the think tank and he returns in the Think Tank arc.
- Rhona Burchill / Mad Thinker, a UFF rogue. Her abilities, detailed backstory and her android henchmen and she had a decent role, why ignore her?
- Boomerang and Killer Shrike, sure they were just one-shot villains, but so was Gladiator and he was included.
- Ben Poindexter / Bullseye, a major villain in the Ultimate Elektra mini-series.
- The Principal and Miss Willow, if they included Hawk-Owl and Woody, why not their arch-enemies as well?
- Agent Woo and Carter, recurring SHIELD agents, especially Carter.
- Should've included Mr. Big with the Enforcers, even though he died pretty quickly. Paul Dini is also a recurring Kingpin associate.
- Hammerhead, a MAJOR antagonist in the Warriors arc. He also appeared previously in UXM, and that would have added some words to his backstory not to mention it is established that he is a mutant.

Others:
- Confused with Ultimate Rhino. I thought it was established in the USM game that it was only a robot?

What I liked:
- Finally explained General Ross' survival more to make it sound plausible.
- Some degree of explanation of Man-Thing's cameo in UFF, although I did not understand it much.
- The UFF's first appearance is confirmed as UFF#1, so what does that mean regarding the USM Super Special? Bendis must still be kicking himself for cramming the UFF in it.
- Really detailed backstories of all the characters featured, starting from the first up to the most recent appearance.

Latest posts

Back