Ultimate Howard the Duck and other lameness

Guijllons

Spill!

What utterly lame character from the 616 universe would you just love to see ultimised in the most pointless, irrelevant and irreverent way possible?

Howard works at Duckworld, a wisconsin animal sanctuary. Hawkeye visits with his kids and hilarity ensues... the end (hopefully)

"Ultimate Tatterdemallion and Arnim Zola: The Dining"

To quote Avi Arad: "It's EAT DRINK MAN WOMAN in a laboratory. It's our version of MY DINNER WITH ANDRE'."

It would shake the Ultimate world to it's very knees.

Then it would get back up again, and carry on its merry way.

You know, I never had heard of Howard the Duck at all before, until last year. He was packaged with Silver Surfer in the MARVEL LEGENDS figure line.

Bass said:
"Ultimate Tatterdemallion and Arnim Zola: The Dining"

To quote Avi Arad: "It's EAT DRINK MAN WOMAN in a laboratory. It's our version of MY DINNER WITH ANDRE'."

It would shake the Ultimate world to it's very knees.

Then it would get back up again, and carry on its merry way.
haha, that sounds great. I have no idea with the hell you're twittering on about, but it sounds great :D

Howard: Hi I'll be your guide for the tour
Clint: ... the company makes you dress up in a duck suit?
Howard: Actually, I made it myself
Clint: Hey kids, fancy going to otterland?

It's not going to work

bad? no! he has the average strength and abilities of a regular inhabitant of duckworld.

Howard: No, please stay, my boss only lets me wear this is so I can pull in more customers.
Clint: hmmm
Howard: ... we have geese too
Clint: oooh, ok. Come on kids they have geese!
Kids: Yaaaaayyy!

So not going to work.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing Guijllons idea for Howard as a real, two-page gag in Ultimates, as comic relief, immediately before Hawkeye is summoned for yet another emergency Ultimates mission. We know they have those beeper thingamajigs for contacting the group, as seen in Ultimate Six. So yeah, visit to Duckworld -- a throroughly white-bread, suburban day-out-with-the-kids-in-the-SUV kind of deal, cut short by a world-saving distress call.

"Look, I really have to go off and fight Ultron now. Those geese will just have to wait..."

But honestly, I'd want to take a half-serious stab at writing at legit Ultimate Howard treatment, perhaps as a flashback story, in the spirit of ALL those weird 70s titles, as a way of explaining the social or cultural context that allowed the creation of such titles/characters, in the first place. Howard was not *just* a bad idea, y'know!

icemastertron said:
Eh...to ask, what you'll guys will probably consider a stupid question...who's "D-Man"?
Er, I think he was just referring to Howard/the Duckman, unless I'm mistaken...

man.. like.. for real... howard was a duck that sometimes had a rocket launcher.
Of all the characters that had a socio-political bent or agenda, Howard ain't it :)

Unless you do consider that Howard was marvel's Micky, and Walt Disney was a Nazi sympathiser, and Micky Mouse was actually a sanitised "Little ***** boy".
(no offense meant by the reference if any was incurred)

icemastertron said:
Eh...to ask, what you'll guys will probably consider a stupid question...who's "D-Man"?

d-man in the 616 universe was an avenger called demolition man, marve abbreviated the name to avoid trademark issues with the movie "demolition man"
other than that, you can probably find him on some fan site or avengers forever or what not....i dont know too much about him

on a side note, i think that meant d-man as in duck man

Latest posts

Back