Ultimate Hulk Annual #1 (Spoilers...if you care.)

this comic, this one individual comic may have just ruined all chances of marvel getting me to finish buying the ultimate trades. not ultimate power, not ultimates 3, not ultimate iron man 2, but ultimate hulk. way to go loeb, you took one of the last few not completly wasted charecters and ruined him

Ya know, I was just thinking what exactly happen to Betty Ross? I mean think about it: she was the PR for the Ultimates while they were under SHIELD's command. Sure, she was, more or less, a bit character, but what was her fallout when the Ultimates left gov't control?

I only state this cause of Hulk's obsession with Betty being Banner's ex-wife. Did he finally get over her or did Loeb just be Loeb?

Probably the latter.

That would have been good. But it would have required Loeb to 1) know past continuity and 2) give a sh*t about past continuity.

Also, was it ever explained anywhere when exactly Hulk became less of a rampaging monster and more of a ordering pancakes type of dude?

Perhaps it is explained in Hulk vs Wolverine, since in that it seems the Hulk is a little more under control?

That would have been good. But it would have required Loeb to 1) know past continuity and 2) give a sh*t about past continuity.

Also, was it ever explained anywhere when exactly Hulk became less of a rampaging monster and more of a ordering pancakes type of dude?

Perhaps it is explained in Hulk vs Wolverine, since in that it seems the Hulk is a little more under control?

Except Hulk was more in control in Ultimates 2, which is after UWvH.

Except Hulk was more in control in Ultimates 2, which is after UWvH.

Well, yes and no. He was a little more in control but it was depicted more as he was being manipulated by Fury more so than he was making a conscious decision on his own part and then depowered asap when things are under control. (at least that's is how I read it) Bottom line being that the Hulk that was shown in U2 was still consistant with the Hulk that had been introduced in U1. This Hulk however does not appear to be consistant with any incarnation of Ult Hulk that I have seen yet. U2 Hulk would just eat the diner owner and all the people in the diner and then eat all the eggs and sausage etc that he wanted.

i really liked the ultimate wrecking crew. :cry:

Why would they turn villain? they made tons of money cleaning up after the ultimates.

I just read this.

Well... no, I didn't. I don't think it's actually readable. It makes no sense at all. I mean... as a GAG... it's kinda funny, but it's not played right. And it's not really thought out too well. I remember in the recent Defenders mini, Hulk has sex with Dormammu's sister, and it was kinda funny as he couldn't keep up with her. The gag wasn't that they have sex, but rather, he couldn't keep up with her.

This... Zarda and Hulk just have sex in a motel.

Not only is it not funny in its own context, but if you actually consider it next to the rest of the ultimate line... it's really inappropriate.

Utterly ridiculous. Up and down. But you know what made me laugh? After..uh...what(TF) happens at the end, you turn the page and it's an ad for Ultimatum, so the first line at the top reads, "FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE, THEY WILL PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE". That line, in context with the end of the issue, was unintentionally hysterical.

OK, I have no intention of reading this anytime soon, but I feel the obvious should be pointed out:

How exactly can hulk and Zarda do it with out destroying the building? "Man and woman of steel, motel of kleenex."

Of all people to teach somebody how to fit in in modern society, why is CAPTAIN "60 YEARS IN ICE" AMERICA the one in charge of Zarda?

Of all people to teach somebody how to fit in in modern society, why is CAPTAIN "60 YEARS IN ICE" AMERICA the one in charge of Zarda?

Well he does have a more objective view of modern society as well as his own experiences trying to fit in

Is it wrong that I want a Hulk vs Loeb comic? Where Hulk eats Loeb? Written by Warren Ellis?

I want it to end EXACTLY the same as the book we got - Sex, waffles and all. That at least would be funny.. and somehow appropriate.

(My NEW favourite part of every Loeb comic is where he writes,
"Yo, True Believer - Here's WHATCHA' Need Ta Know!!" How sadly ironic. If I ate this book like a waffle, the droppings would be more readable. )

This is, far and away, the single worst comic book I have ever read in my life.

I have read comics for 30 years.

This is true.

This is not just the worst comic Joe Kalicki or I have read - It is the worst comic capable of being made. This is Ed Wood driving an Edsel. This is the first comic I ever ripped up because I was afraid that my cats might poop on it - they deserve better.

To quote a primal movie icon.

"Food good.

Loeb bad"

Now THAT'S writing!!

Oh. My. God.

This was the stupidest comic I've ever read. How does this get published? I am serious when I say that Joe Quesada - or whomever signed off on this - should be fired for doing so.

Mark Millar actually creates a version of Hulk that is actually scary as a weapon and respectable, and it was all ruined with this comic.

Pancakes. My God.

(My NEW favourite part of every Loeb comic is where he writes,
"Yo, True Believer - Here's WHATCHA' Need Ta Know!!" How sadly ironic. If I ate this book like a waffle, the droppings would be more readable. )

Seriously. It's so amatuerish and juvinile that it would ruin the comic if the comic wasn't already ruined with the horrible writing and retarded plot.

Jeph Loeb is ruining this company. Hell, between this and Ultimatum and Red Hulk and all the other **** he's written lately, he's ruining the entire industry.

I just can't believe this was published.

Latest posts

Back