Ultimate Inhumans (Speculation)

Caduceus said:
I'd love to see them as some kind of wacked out cult living in complete isolation somewhere that stumbled onto something that, by complete accident, throws them through the N-zone in a similar way to the FF and thats how they get their powers. Crystal can be at the forefront of a revolution of their young people who desperately want to get away from their hippy parents and back into normal society.
Sounds good to me.

Heres an idea. Remember Reeds dog from the first few issues of UFF, wich was at the teleport site, right on the steps with everyone else, when the accident happened? The one we haven't seen yet? See where I'm going with this? Reed finaly gets a mooment to go searching for his long lost dog, whos been transformed into Lockjaw and lives with the Inhumans, wherever they may be.

Or he became Man-Thing, wich would finaly explain him showing up.

TheManWithoutFear said:
exactly they were genetically messed with soooo why not have Sinister involved... ? :?

Cuz Ultimate Sinister's an asassin,not a geneticist.And oh yeah,he's dead too

Patriot said:
Cuz Ultimate Sinister's an asassin,not a geneticist.And oh yeah,he's dead too
Wrong on both counts. He was a geneticist who "went crazy" after using his own urban camoflauge alterations upon himself. And not only is it impossible to choke oneself (As I've said before, you pass out, causing your grip to loosen) but Vaughan has said he'll probably show up again before his run ends.

Baxter said:
Wrong on both counts. He was a geneticist who "went crazy" after using his own urban camoflauge alterations upon himself. And not only is it impossible to choke oneself (As I've said before, you pass out, causing your grip to loosen) but Vaughan has said he'll probably show up again before his run ends.

Right so,my bad!Read UXM in my LCS so not too up on it,just the impression I remember getting from the arc.Where/when were those things said?And was Ultimate Apocalypse not "helping" him?

TheManWithoutFear said:
exactly they were genetically messed with soooo why not have Sinister involved... ? :?
I'm not saying this is a problem, just that unless someone changes Sinister up a little more, he always seemed to have delt with mutants only.

Goodwill said:
Well, I was thinking about it while I was reading the synopsis of the Inhumans and I found that they were born out of genetic tampering... What if we cut their intergalactic ties and made them offspring of a flawed Captain America project? Like, he had a wife and she gave birth to a couple of kids and, during that time, there were generations of these Inhumans growing in a secluded place, owned by the US government... The Four could be called in to experiment because, well, they contract the legacy virus and something needs to be done about it. ;) I dunno.

No offense but... ick.

I think the "supersoldier offspring" explanation is something that should be confined to the Ultimates (and USM, to a degree.) An entire world of heroes all of whose origins are based on one idea from the 40s is really, really boring.

Fantastic Four (including the inhumans) is not a mutant book. Introducing the legacy virus with the inhumans would be a really bad move (as would introducing it at all this early on.) Now, don't get me wrong, i love me some x-books, but FF (and UFF) are about exploring the universe, not getting wrapped up in earth's socio-genetic problems.

The Inhumans don't necessarily have to have origins as far-reaching as those in the 616, but saying they're mutants or super-soldier offspring doesn't do them justice.

No offense taken, I appreciate your attention to what I had concocted. ;)

Anyway, I admit I got carried away by putting in the part about the Legacy Virus, however, I think it's entirely more realistic to branch out of one thing, the super soldier therum, than to have all sorts of stuff happening with the Kree and the Skrull and whatever else contributed to the Inhumans. I'd cut all of that out and focus more on the characters than where they came from.

The Sinister idea was very cool, MwoF. ;)

In my opinion, I do not think their background should be explained this early on, it would take too much away from everything else in the issue. The Inhumans are undoubtedly going to be involved with the Ultimate Fantastic Four within their title, but I would not want to see taking up the whole Annual.

An Idea for a semi-explained background, What if they were the Royal Family of Atlantis, and the cosmic event that caused it to sink under what is Modern Day NYC turned the royal family, and their associates, into the Inhumans. Crystal would be the first Inhuman -born- into inhumanity, and would thus be curious to reach out to the world around them.

I mean, what if there's this huge beautiful semi-destroyed city in the caves miles under New York? That'd be a perfect place for them, because if Crystal slipped out for a moment, she'd be able to meet Johnny. Didnt they have a thing for each other before the whole Quicksilver deal?

Dr.Strangefate said:
In my opinion, I do not think their background should be explained this early on, it would take too much away from everything else in the issue. The Inhumans are undoubtedly going to be involved with the Ultimate Fantastic Four within their title, but I would not want to see taking up the whole Annual.

An Idea for a semi-explained background, What if they were the Royal Family of Atlantis, and the cosmic event that caused it to sink under what is Modern Day NYC turned the royal family, and their associates, into the Inhumans. Crystal would be the first Inhuman -born- into inhumanity, and would thus be curious to reach out to the world around them.

I mean, what if there's this huge beautiful semi-destroyed city in the caves miles under New York? That'd be a perfect place for them, because if Crystal slipped out for a moment, she'd be able to meet Johnny. Didnt they have a thing for each other before the whole Quicksilver deal?

Good thoughts. The part about underground caves is already plausible because with Mole-Man, he said there was a whole network of unexplored tunnels, didn't he? I could see that being their hideout from the world. I believe Crystal will be a rebellious outgoing teen, like Johnny, and will slip up into the upperworld to explore it for herself. She would probably use her powers not trying to hide them from anyone and make herself known. Bringing her to meet the Fantastic Four and meeting Johnny. And yes, she did have a fling with the Human Torch during her first appearances in the MU. She then met and fell in love with Quicksilver.

Dr.Strangefate said:
. The Inhumans are undoubtedly going to be involved with the Ultimate Fantastic Four within their title, but I would not want to see taking up the whole Annual.
Why wouldn't they take up the whole annual, if the annual is going to be about them? :sure:

TheManWithoutFear said:
You never know, maybe it will be ALL ABOUT THEM but it could very easily just be about Crystal and introduces the Inhumans and not delve too much into their backhistory.
Oh I didn't mean the backhistory. I just meant (from how I read it) that it sounded like the whole wouldn't involve the Inhumans. Their backhistory, though, I agree that maybe some, should be told. I think Millar can work that out. Telling the WHOLE history, or A LOT, A LOT of it, would be just take up too much space.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good thoughts. The part about underground caves is already plausible because with Mole-Man, he said there was a whole network of unexplored tunnels, didn't he? I could see that being their hideout from the world. I believe Crystal will be a rebellious outgoing teen, like Johnny, and will slip up into the upperworld to explore it for herself. She would probably use her powers not trying to hide them from anyone and make herself known. Bringing her to meet the Fantastic Four and meeting Johnny. And yes, she did have a fling with the Human Torch during her first appearances in the MU. She then met and fell in love with Quicksilver.

yeah, but we don't have to worry about Crystal and Quicksilver in the UU, because Wanda already has his heart. :dead:

Speaking of Johnny/Crystal, there was an FF Annual a few years back in which Ben went to an alternate universe where time passed normally, and johnny and crystal were married with two kids, though one was named Luna and may have been the same Luna whom she had with Quicksilver.

So, yeah, i'd say they were definitely a major couple (with the fans anyway.)

TheManWithoutFear said:
And what girl in the UU doesn't?

Uh, Mary Jane isn't that slutty (atleast I think she isn't).

I haven't read USM in a loooong time. I know when I was reading it she wasn't slutty, but I can't say anything for the past 50 or so issues.

Latest posts

Back