Ultimate Iron Man II series discussion [Card/Ferry] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimate Iron Man II #1

tonybrains.jpg

:shock:

It's the endddddddddddd of the universe as we know it!

Re: Ultimate Iron Man II #1 Discussion/Spoilers

Oy. Oy Mother ****ing Vey.

So Tony is a mutant... according to the first iron man arc, if i'm not mistaking, doesn't he have neural tissue all over his body, and also he can heal himself like Wolverine apparently, but not as fast?This is just confusing, guess we will have to wait till the issues come out. When is it coming out again?

So Tony is a mutant... according to the first iron man arc, if i'm not mistaking, doesn't he have neural tissue all over his body, and also he can heal himself like Wolverine apparently, but not as fast?This is just confusing, guess we will have to wait till the issues come out. When is it coming out again?

Search the forums for Ultimate Iron Man threads.
Thats all you need to know there. Especially things about nanomonkeys.

Okay, I just finished Issue 1 and I was very pleasantly pleased.

Yes, Stark still has nigh-Wolverine healing abilities.

That aside, there is lots of good political intrigue, War Machine/Iron Man buddy interaction, and a good set-up to a show-down between Stane and Stark.

My only confusion at this point is how, exactly, UMTU, Ultimates, and UIM will ever be reconciled with each other. I am not holding my breath.

I was ok with Tony having that neural tissue, but honestly, re-growing entire limbs like that? WTF? It looks like he's just lying there with some raw beef sirloin for an arm.

Last edited:

Okay, I just finished Issue 1 and I was very pleasantly pleased.

Don't be sucked in!

You know, they say if you hold a copy of UIM, Card can see you, and see into your mind.. Then he finds a way to get you infected with nanomonkeys...

...but if you read the first one (and survived), don't you have 'nanomonkey antibodies' or something?

Don't be sucked in!

You know, they say if you hold a copy of UIM, Card can see you, and see into your mind.. Then he finds a way to get you infected with nanomonkeys...

I must have been long since infected as Card is one of my favorite authors alive...I go to his website daily and frequently try to decide weather the fundemental questions of race relations and warfare ethics addressed in the Ender's Game series or the fantastical look at what America might have been and the underlying connections of America's early years found in the pages of The Tales of Alvin Maker are more fun to read.

His column, Uncle Orson Reviews Everything in the Rhino Times is a fun read, and very informative. His column, Worldwatch in the same publication is a political breath of fresh air from a conservative Democrat who, while I don't always agree with his views, always presents fair and logical argumets.

I guess I tend to give him the benefits of lots of doubts when it comes to his comic career.

:lol: :lol: That smile on his face and the lump in the sheet , Is he pitching a tent?

or is it just me that sees that :lol:

I guess no one else saw it :lol: :oops:

I must have been long since infected as Card is one of my favorite authors alive...I go to his website daily and frequently try to decide weather the fundemental questions of race relations and warfare ethics addressed in the Ender's Game series or the fantastical look at what America might have been and the underlying connections of America's early years found in the pages of The Tales of Alvin Maker are more fun to read.

His column, Uncle Orson Reviews Everything in the Rhino Times is a fun read, and very informative. His column, Worldwatch in the same publication is a political breath of fresh air from a conservative Democrat who, while I don't always agree with his views, always presents fair and logical argumets.

I guess I tend to give him the benefits of lots of doubts when it comes to his comic career.

Its strange how such a skilled author can produce such utter **** when they switch from novel to comic. He may be acclaimed for his novels, but UIM is on the same level as Ultimate Deadpool, Ultimate Power and other septic infected wounds in the hide of comicdom.

See, I liked Ultimate Deadpool because I have little awareness and no love for 616 Deadpool, and enjoyed the story about a hunter whose hate turned him into the very thing he hated-that which is not human.

I'm a big fan of the Kitty/Peter relationship and enjoyed seeing so much of it in that arc.

See, I'm one of those of the opinion that the Ultimate Univers is best when characters are dramatically reimagined...some element of the original should be there, but they should give us new and exciting insites into the themes the originals dealt with in the reimagining.

Ultimate Iron Man mini does that. Heck, I wouldn't have too many problems with it if it wasn't for the continuity stupidity between UMTU, Ultimates, and UIM.

See, I liked Ultimate Deadpool because I have little awareness and no love for 616 Deadpool, and enjoyed the story about a hunter whose hate turned him into the very thing he hated-that which is not human.

I'm a big fan of the Kitty/Peter relationship and enjoyed seeing so much of it in that arc.
The rest of the arc was okay, its just a huge slap in the face to Deadpool fans
See, I'm one of those of the opinion that the Ultimate Univers is best when characters are dramatically reimagined...some element of the original should be there, but they should give us new and exciting insites into the themes the originals dealt with in the reimagining.

That's exactly what the UU should be, the problem with it is that they stray way too far from this concept.

Latest posts

Back