Ultimate Iron Man Premiere HC

E

Excelsior Club
Did this come out this week? Anyone pick it up?

Just wondering what kind of extras are in it...

E said:
Did this come out this week? Anyone pick it up?

Just wondering what kind of extras are in it...
Why why why why---why would you want to know?! :shock:

Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, it comes out at the end of the month or so.

Ice said:
Why why why why---why would you want to know?! :shock:

Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, it comes out at the end of the month or so.

I actually plan on getting it.

Part of my goal to switching to all/mostly TPBs includes getting all of the Ultimate TPBs/HCs.

I saw a sneak preview of it.

It was horrible.

The only extra I saw, and thankfully, it was the only one I saw, was:

"How to rape a previously established character with a genetically-enhanced monkey: The Orson Scott Card story".

Told you it was horrible.

It wasn't that bad.

My friends who have had zero exposure to 616 Marvel and had no preconception of who Tony Stark is would probably rate the stpry between 2/5 to 3/5 for the most enthusiast.

The uproar is about a few odd concept about Tony Stark, who isn't quite a normal human with genius intellect anymore. If you can't swallow these new additions (they are pretty far fetched) to the character, nothing in the serie is good enough to make you forget it and you'll just hate it.

I'm pretty sure the regenerating power will be gone by the end of Iron-Man 2. He wouldn't be dying otherwise. There will always remain the fact that his genius isn't entirely natural, though.

Last edited:
UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
Wow, was Ultimate Iron Man really that bad? Guess that's one I won't be checking out.

Ya, it wasn't that bad. E just hates Card with a passion. So he's going to scream when he read this. (Their making a movies based on two of his books.) Me I'm waiting for the end part 2 to come out before I pass my judgment on it.

Last edited:
UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
Wow, was Ultimate Iron Man really that bad? Guess that's one I won't be checking out.

Yes it was really that bad. But you shouldn't take my word for it nor anyone else's.

the watcher said:
Ya, it wasn't that bad. E just hates Card with a passion. So he's going to scream when he read this. (Their making a movie based on two of his books.) Me I'm waiting for the end part 2 to come out before I pass my judgment on it.

I don't hate him. I couldn't care less about his movies.

E said:
I don't hate him. I couldn't care less about his movies.

E, you talk about Card so much in a negative way. As much as TGO talks about himself, about how how great he is., How cool he thinks everyone thinks he is., How how women just fight over him all the time., And how incredibly in love he is with himself. (man, that guy need a room for himself.) My point is...you...hate...Card. It may be a small hate. But a small part of you dose.

Last edited:
the watcher said:
E, you talk about Card so much in a negative way. As much as TGO talks about himself, about how how great he is., How cool he thinks everyone thinks he is., How how women just fight over him all the time., And how incredibly in love he is with himself. (man, that guy need a room for himself.) My point is...you...hate...Card. It may be a small hate. But a small part of you dose.

Actually I've been pretty careful about not making personal attacks and only commenting on the hack job that is this book and how he's ruined the character. I like Iron Man but not enough to make me hate a guy who has no clue how to write him.

So yeah, I've made a lot of comments, but never about how I hate Card and never anything of a personal nature. That's bogue.

Anything I have said about Card as a person would have been made in a joking manner.

Doc Comic said:
HARDCOVER? They have this thing coming out in HARDCOVER?! WHAT THE HELL, MAN?!

They are marketing this thing toward traditonal book readers who would read his sci-fi stuff but might not pick up a comic book. Smart on Marvel's part.

E said:
They are marketing this thing toward traditonal book readers who would read his sci-fi stuff but might not pick up a comic book. Smart on Marvel's part.

Smart......but it's gonna look weird with all my paperbacks. Meh...if they don't put it on paperback....I ain't getting it.

Victor Von Doom said:
Smart......but it's gonna look weird with all my paperbacks. Meh...if they don't put it on paperback....I ain't getting it.

I'm expecting them to. I don't know of any other premiere HCs that weren't released as TPBs.

the watcher said:

I have three rooms to myself.

Yeah, I'm getting it too, just to complete my Ultimate HC/TPB collection.

Not thrilled about paying the 22 bucks for it, but. . .yeah.

Lynx said:
Yeah, I'm getting it too, just to complete my Ultimate HC/TPB collection.

Not thrilled about paying the 22 bucks for it, but. . .yeah.

Then don't. Amazon will have it for around $14.

I'll put a link on the main page if you give me a moment.

ProjectX2 said:
I saw a sneak preview of it.

It was horrible.

The only extra I saw, and thankfully, it was the only one I saw, was:

"How to rape a previously established character with a genetically-enhanced monkey: The Orson Scott Card story".

Told you it was horrible.

If Moon had posted this, it would be POTD.

Latest posts

Back