Ultimate Juggernaut

more speculations

Juggernaut might have been enhanced using the unique radiation from the Gem of Cyttorak, but with no magic involved. Like what Magneto was using in X-Men Evolution. I bet that whoever explains Juggs powers will use the name Cyttorak in some kind of way, just to make reference to 616 history.

Juggernaut may also have no ties to Xavier...

I'm not sure if you guys have talked about this before but I'm thinking this is what we really need to be discussing. A lot of people, including myself, think that that made his character in 616. In a lot of respects the motivation for a lot of things was because he was oppressed as a kid and Xavier took the spotlight, am I wrong? Without that family connection, do you think he can last as long as he has in 616?

WO GW! You're so totally wrong! If Cain didn't have any family ties to Xavier in 616, that doesn't mean he wouldn't have lasted long. What helped him become a character people liked, was the way he is (or was). Meaning, his character.

And as for Ultimare Cain not having ties to Xavier? Not on board on that one. What made his character even more compelling (when you actually think about it) was his tie with Chuck. Making things emotional in a way, whenever he clashed against him, but still entertaining.

people liked him cos he was called juggernaut and he looked cool...

this coming from the lightweight comic book fan...

I could put this to the test and ask other people if they know juggernaut and they'd say yes and have no idea he's stepbrothers with Charlie

... and as for "emotion" yea I laughed when he attacked the mansion and the flashbacks didn't really touch me either...

I know who Juggernaut is and that he's related to Xavier in the 616...

In the Ult. Universe I think he's just an average mutant with super strength who wears a helmet for protection and has no relationship to Xavier.

If I might comment on the original question of whether or not Ultimate Juggernaut is a mutant, my inclination is that yes, he is, as he was not only part of the Weapon X assault on Xavier's school during that story arc, but was also imprisoned with the mutants when they weren't on a mission. He was Rogue's cellmate, if I recall correctly. (Of course, that could just be a clever ruse to convince everyone that he's a mutant, I suppose.... :? )

Again I say, that hopefully he's brought back soon, and all this is explained. But by the sound of what is planned, we might not see him for longer than we may think.

If they are not using the gem of Cyttorak, its probably just to avoid having magic type things in the UU. Which makes sense.

I have to agree with ProjectX2:
In the Ult. Universe I think he's just an average mutant with super strength who wears a helmet for protection and has no relationship to Xavier.

I also have to say, that I'm among those people who don't care for Juggy at all. To me, he's just one more big, strong guy like the hulk of thing, except that he's a baddy. I have to admit, though, that I never read much about him. I heard he's an X-Men now... *shudder*

I want to believe that Juggernaught is a common mutant, mainly because I don't want to see too much magic in the UU. HAving Dr. Strange is already to much for my personal taste.
I also don't want to see Juggy related to Xavier. There are way too much family ties around the 616-Universe, which I don't want to see repeated:
Xavier - Juggernaught (and both gain super-powers from a different source - such a COINCIDENCE...)
Cable - Scott & Jean
Rachel - Scott & Jean
Havoc - Scott (I like that one actually)
Gambit possibly also related to Cyclops
Stryfe related to Cyclops via Cable
I don't know how many more I'm missing already.

I want the UU to be original.
I really cringe when I think about Rogue and Gambit
I like the Idea that Emma might have had a relationship with Xavier, instead of Scott. I like her to be a idealistic scientist instead of a former criminal.
I like the fact that Xavier and Moira are turned into divorcees.

Hey, I'm even getting fed up with MJ in Spiderman.
I'd really, really like to see her fall in love with someone else, dump peter, break his heart and NOT come back to him eventually. He'd go through a hard time of love sickness, eventually get over it and EVENTUALLY we'd see him get together with SOMEONE ELSE!!!
Wouldn't that be awesome?

icemastertron said:
WO GW! You're so totally wrong! If Cain didn't have any family ties to Xavier in 616, that doesn't mean he wouldn't have lasted long. What helped him become a character people liked, was the way he is (or was). Meaning, his character.

And as for Ultimare Cain not having ties to Xavier? Not on board on that one. What made his character even more compelling (when you actually think about it) was his tie with Chuck. Making things emotional in a way, whenever he clashed against him, but still entertaining.

Well, I still think that I struck gold. He was just a muscle head as a mutant and it was getting old, really. You know, to see him throw fists around and eventually lose to the X-Men the same way. In 616, we get Juggernaut turning over a new leaf and becoming a good guy to recooperate a character that has potential and room to grow. Do you see what I'm saying?

I think he means that Juggs joining the X-men is an attempt to make him interesting.

Caduceus said:
I think he means that Juggs joining the X-men is an attempt to make him interesting.

And one that failed miserably.

He's definately a mutant, i mean, he joined the brotherhood of mutants didnt he? AND in the weapon x storyline he was supporting magneto wiping out the humans

Nurhachi said:
He's definately a mutant, i mean, he joined the brotherhood of mutants didnt he? AND in the weapon x storyline he was supporting magneto wiping out the humans

Yep and Longshot joined the X-men because he was a mutant and... hold on...that's not right.

Well, no matter, they changed Cain around according to his relationship with Xavier... That's what I'm talking about.

Also, I think there are enough indications that he is a mutant.

Latest posts

Back