Ultimate Juggernaut

Goodwill said:
I'm going to assume that this is the story that will answer our questions asked about the origins of Juggernaut's powers. From the solicitation, my guess would still remain with mutant, but the Gem is coming around, so you can't be so sure.
We know Juggernaut's origins. He's a mutant. The solicitation says that the gem will add to his powers.

Goodwill said:
Also, do you think that this issue will lead to more Juggernaut appearances down the road? Perhaps he is one of Apocolype's Horsemen retrieving the Gem for him. ;) Who knows...
Not bad. But I think that's too much tying every corner of UXM together. Too coincidental.

What's with the wink smileys? You're startin' to make me nervous.

I'm with MWOF. Especially with the supposed groundedness of the series. Maybe the Gem was meant for that fugly helmet, and in all the chaos surrounding the X-Men's exodus from Weapon X, it was stolen and taken to LV? Or what kind of presence does the military have out in the area... any base it could be at? *shrugs* Just thinking outside the box.

Am I the only one who thought dirty things upon just seeing 'Juggs' for a title? O_O

Juggernaut's a mutant here. That's why he was recruited in Weapon X along with Rogue and Nightcrawler. So far, he's not exactly indestructable, and his helmet is basically used for protection purposes only, not anti-psychic like in 616.

It's also isn't the first time Juggs became a mutant. In the Evolution TV series, he is also a mutant. As a clever homage to his 616 counterpart, it is said that his mutant gene was awakened through mysticism.

It's good that Juggs finally gets the focus he deserves. He only had a bit part with a little dialogue in UXM which is a waste consider how cool his character is. I'm also disappointed that there is no indication that he is in any way a relative of Prof. Xavier.

numbero uno... I'm honored my thread has lasted this long and has a thread name change....

the rest... welp I'm glad he's a mutant, I'm ok with the fact he's not related to professor X, and I think that he won't even get a hands on of the gem... I'm actually hopeing Gambit gets the "hands on" if you know what I mean (goodbye gem)....

TheManWithoutFear said:
We know Juggernaut's origins. He's a mutant. The solicitation says that the gem will add to his powers.

Not bad. But I think that's too much tying every corner of UXM together. Too coincidental.

What's with the wink smileys? You're startin' to make me nervous.

I see what you're saying about it being coincidental, but if done correctly, I would totally buy it. I don't think Apocolypse would have trouble rounding up mutants he feels would benefit his cause the most. I think Juggernaut, since making a name for him, definitely qualifies. Who knows.

You should always be nervouse, MwoF. ;) HAHA...

Goodwill said:
I see what you're saying about it being coincidental, but if done correctly, I would totally buy it. I don't think Apocolypse would have trouble rounding up mutants he feels would benefit his cause the most. I think Juggernaut, since making a name for him, definitely qualifies. Who knows.
We still don't know if Apocalypse even exists.

Latest posts

Back