Ultimate Juggernaut

Retroactive Continuity. When they go back and change something and pretend it was always that way. Like when they suddenly decided that Jean/Phoenix hadn't died on the moon. Basically, when they change something cos they don't like it that way anymore. We're all just supposed to pretend it was always that way and its where most of 616's continuity errors spring from

That's right! They did the same thing with Aunt May. Marvel didn't like her being dead, and then they just came back saying that the Aunt May that died was a clone.

Damn clones....

Caduceus said:
They're saying that everyone is repeating themselves and all they really want is to know whether Juggs is magical, mutant or anything else.

I'm amazed that this has gone on for 12 pages.

Back to the Juggs please. As if there's anything else to say.

My vote is that he is a mutant. While they don't really talk about him in the Weapon X story line my instincts still say that he is a mutant. The only possibilities are that he's mystical, the product of some scientific process, or a mutant.
  • The 616 Juggernaut was mystically based and was said to be "unstoppable" to everything but telepaths. The ulitimate Juggernaut has considerablely less durablity. I say this because at some point ultimate Juggernaut was captured and imprisoned. That couldn't have happened to the 616 Juggernaut. Also Weapon X was keeping the prisoners in line by means of neural implants in the skulls of the prisoners that would explode if they didn't follow orders.
  • The idea that he might have been physically enhance by means of super solidier type program seems improbable because of how strong he strong and durable he is. Anyone with the ability to create solidiers as strong and durable as Juggernaut would be unstoppable and I'm getting tired of these one hit wonder programs that can never be recreated.
  • The only other reasonable possibility would be that he's a mutant. This is plausible since Weapon X was specifically targeting mutants. I would say that it's reasonable that he's a mutant who was enhanced by Weapon X.

MaxwellSmart said:
[*]The 616 Juggernaut was mystically based and was said to be "unstoppable" to everything but telepaths. The ulitimate Juggernaut has considerablely less durablity. I say this because at some point ultimate Juggernaut was captured and imprisoned. That couldn't have happened to the 616 Juggernaut.

Ah, yes it can. 616 Juggernaut can...or actually--could have been captured.I believe he even had been at times.

icemastertron said:
Ah, yes it can. 616 Juggernaut can...or actually--could have been captured.I believe he even had been at times.

I worded that rather poorly I meant that he can only be stopped by certain means and it didn't appear that Ultimate Weapon X had them at their disposal, since they didn't seem to utilize telepaths.

Well, that would only be 616 Juggernaut, though... It appears that Ultimate Juggernaut can be taken down by even Captain America.

Juggernaut

Does anyone know if Juggernaut is going to return to the pages UXM any time soon?

I'm going to assume that this is the story that will answer our questions asked about the origins of Juggernaut's powers. From the solicitation, my guess would still remain with mutant, but the Gem is coming around, so you can't be so sure.

Also, do you think that this issue will lead to more Juggernaut appearances down the road? Perhaps he is one of Apocolype's Horsemen retrieving the Gem for him. ;) Who knows...

Latest posts

Back