Ultimate Knights (USM Spoilers)

The Overlord

In the USM Annual 2 DD recruits Moon Knight to a group of street level heroes designed to dethrone the Kingpin and clean up the streets. Could this team be the Ultimate Marvel Knights? Would they be given a mini or something?

Who should be on this team? We know that DD and Moon Knight are mebers but who else should be members? I think Shang-Chi and Iron Fist would make good members. There is also the possibilty of Ultimate versions of Dagger and Cloak, with tonned down powers of course.

Now who should they fight and what storylines shuld they have? Of course one of the main focus has to be the fight against the Kingpin's empire and his minions (Bullseye, the Enforcers and Elektra). Some of DD's B-List villains like Bushwacker, Mr. Fear, Mr. Hyde, Purple Man, Typhoid Mary, etc could be revamped as creditable threats either has the Kingpin's minions or lone psychos they can fight when not fighting the Kingpin. Perhaps revamp the Owl into a truly vile and disgusting crime boss who makes Kingpin seem nice by comparsion.

But this shouldn't just be a DD title so other characters should have their storylines incorporated as well. I heard that Shang-Chi for example still has Fu Manchu as his father in this universe, who is now an Asian crime boss in the Ultimate Universe. So perhaps there could be an on going storyline with Fu Manchu trying capture his son and/or take over the NYC underworld. I guess Fu Manchu could also have a connection to the Hand (note:I'm not sure if it is cannon that Shang-Chi's father is Fu Manchu in the UU, if its cannon than perhaps someone else should be Shang-Chi's father in the Ultimate universe, because I believe Marvel has lost the rights to that name.)

Other heroes like Moon Knight don't seem to have much in the way of rogues gallery and a lot of Iron Fist's villains wouldn't work in this kind of title (though I supppose some of his martial arts villains like the steel Serpent could become high ranking minions of the Hand or something). Also some low level Spidey villains could be used for this (like Tombstone) and some of the goofy villains these heroes have faced could completely revamped (like Chemistro could just be Curtis Carr, a chemist working for the Kingpin who creates desinger drugs for him, no costume or super villain name.)

Anyway what would like to see happen with the Ultimate Knights?

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Knights

Alright, Mods can you please add some spoiler tags in the title.

I would love this idea for a mini. The mini could show the team's birth to disbanding.

I would love to see :

1) Daredevil (leader)
2) Shang-Chi
3) Iron Fist
4) Moonknight
5) Black Cat
6) Lucas Bishop (ex-criminal in this universe according to the New Mutants arc)
7) Cloak
8) Dagger

That's eight team members all taking on Kingpin and defending the poorer and less Spider-Man patrolled sectors of New York.

It's also quite a diverse group.

As an On Going it would do well too. But I'd rather have a Daredevil or Moonknight first. But as a mini it would totally own all other Ultimate Minis.

i'd like to see an Ultimate Cloak and Dagger mini, mostly because they are the secondary characters in the marvel universe. it'd be nice to see a ultimate version with some twists to it.

This would make a great mini. The only problem is that there are way too many minis already going on in the Ultimate Universe. Confirmed for 2007 I think we have UIM, UWvH, Ultimate Wolverine, Ultimate Invasion, and Ultimate Power. That's five already I just don't think we should try and push another one on top. My wallet can't take it. Wait, screw it. More good writing the better. Bring it on.

Maybe Spider-man....hear me out i mean Daredevil decides to train Spiedy and he figuers joininghis team would be a good way...yes i know Ult.DD doesnt like spiedy but at the end of USM A2 he look like he thinks peter is ok(doesnt mean he likes him)

Probably not though so yeah Black Cat would be good and hey perhaps even Ultimate Echo

I was thinking you think they will make a mini with Ult.Blade & Ult.Morbios?

I dont think DD would let Spidey in the team, but I think he would keep him in the loop to aviod stepping on each other's toes

Random said:
I dont think DD would let Spidey in the team, but I think he would keep him in the loop to aviod stepping on each other's toes
Or....

What if he took him on the team so he could finally learn something (this being said from DD's point of view)?

my list is:
daredevil
punisher
iron fist
shang-chi
black cat
elektra
blade
morbius
dr. strange
misty knight
gambit (return's in uxm annual 2 mark my words)

possible new guy's: cloak, dagger, ghost rider, pete wisdom, pyro (for some reason i can just see it)

I think a smaller group would be better. Daredevil(leader), Moon Knight, Punisher and one or two other vigilanties.

MaxwellSmart said:
I think a smaller group would be better. Daredevil(leader), Moon Knight, Punisher and one or two other vigilanties.

Punisher wouldnt work though he's too wild....and he's in Prison again

How did he get out? i mean i really dont see how he could get pass prison security

MaxwellSmart said:
two other ones would probably be Shang Chi and Iron Fist, though I dont think Punisher would ever be allowed on it.

I think it should be Daredevil, Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Shang Chi and Iron Fist. He should take on Spider-Man just so he would train him and what not. It'd be cool.

Venom Melendez said:
Punisher wouldnt work though he's too wild....and he's in Prison again

How did he get out? i mean i really dont see how he could get pass prison security
He doesn't "get past them", he gets through them.

Punisher on Ultimate Knights is like Wolverine on the New Avengers. He's there to do the things other people won't.

MaxwellSmart said:
Punisher on Ultimate Knights is like Wolverine on the New Avengers. He's there to do the things other people won't.

There's a diferent there though wolverine has Restraint(how little it may be) and knows when to kill and when not to.Punisher shoots first and ask questions later.

Also DD wouldnt approve of Punisher on the team and wouldnt allow him on the streets. U Punisher doesnt seem to gain the same sympathy than the 616 version. Which is a shame cause there was alot they could of done there

Venom Melendez said:
I was thinking you think they will make a mini with Ult.Blade & Ult.Morbios?
I think this would depend on how the writers and/or editors decide to handle the whole vampire angle. Up to this point, the Ultimate Universe has either avoided or played down the supernatural elements, as opposed to regular Marvel, where it's openly accepted that magic and the supernatural exist. We've seen Dr. Strange introduced in the Ultimate Universe, but only briefly, and he's publically perceived as being more of a New Age advisor than a master of mystic arts. Vampires have also made two very brief appearances; however, some of the dialogue in the Morbius arc of USM shows that most people don't believe they exist. Thor, who's very definitely a Norse god in regular Marvel, has been set up to at least seem as though he's a mental patient with some impressive tech in the Ultimate world.

I wouldn't mind seeing a vampire-based mini -- there are several pseudo-scientific ways to explain vampirism if the writers wanted to go that route -- but I suspect it won't be any time soon. :(

Last edited:
Well if the Ultimate Knights were given their own series who should they fight? Should they focus just on the Kingpin and his goon squads? Should they fight some lone psychos as well (perhaps updated versions of some B-List DD villains like Mr. Fear, Purple Man, Mr. Hyde, etc.) Also should Shang-Chi have stroyline where he fights his father (is he still Fu Manchu in the Ultimate Universe?)

Latest posts

Back