Ultimate Knights (USM Spoilers)

Random said:
Also DD wouldnt approve of Punisher on the team and wouldnt allow him on the streets. U Punisher doesnt seem to gain the same sympathy than the 616 version. Which is a shame cause there was alot they could of done there
DD didn't flip out when Punisher killed De Wolfe. He said he didn't like his methods, but that she was a crooked cop. Punisher's also understandably touch when it comes to crooked cops.

MaxwellSmart said:
DD didn't flip out when Punisher killed De Wolfe. He said he didn't like his methods, but that she was a crooked cop. Punisher's also understandably touch when it comes to crooked cops.

Yeah but peter all ready beat the crap out of Punisher.DD had no reason to flip out on him.and for what ive noticed DD doesnt kill im pretty sure he sees Frank as a criminal(wish he is quite frankly)..also punisher kinda shot at him and he's doesnt seem like a team guy....and he's in jail again.

Last edited:
MAX Punisher would eat Ultimate Punisher for breakfast.

ProjectX2 said:
Yep, see the big problem with UU Punisher is that it seems pretty clear he's doing the wrong thing. Which is a dumb way to do it. You cant have him just trying to kill Boomerang, but go after the worst of the worst. Rapist, murders and drug dealer, you want to have o enter a question of ethics. Whether or not its the right thing to kill these guys. Think of the end of Boondock Saints

ProjectX2 said:

OF COURSE!

But I still stand by my list of:
1) Daredevil (leader)
2) Shang-Chi
3) Iron Fist
4) Moon Knight
5) Black Cat
6) Lucas Bishop
7) Cloak
8 ) Dagger

People like Strange, Ghost Rider, Blade, and Elektra would not work. For one why would Strange, GR, or Blade go after Kingpin? And Elektra works for Kingpin and her return would be as a nice villain for the Ultimate Knights since Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and Black Cat all fought her and hate her while Daredevil has a history with her.

Why my list? Daredevil and Moon Knight are a given thanks to USM Annuel 2. Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, and Black Cat already appeared in USM and would prolly join to fight Kingpin since they joined to fight Hammerhead.

Cloak and Dagger are here because thanks to Runaways I like them! And I think a nice and cool Ultimateization of these characters is in order. Maybe it will even boost their popularity in 616! Plus in 616 they were subjects to illegal experiments by the Kingpin. Keep that orgin and you have the Ultimate Knights rescuing Cloak and Dagger who will no doubt join for revenge.

Lucas Bishop is here to have a mutant on the team (assuming Cloak and Dagger keep their orinigal 616 origin and are not mutants in Ultimate Universe). I would think that Bishop would be on the team much like how Sunspot started a neighorhood watch. Since Bendis's run on UXM made him an ex-criminal let's have Bishop trying to redeem himself and joining the Knights would go a long way in redeeming himself.

Villains could be: Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher (although let the guy rest some), Elektra, Fu Manchu, Enforcers, Jack O'Lantern, Typhoid Mary, Arcade, Boomerang, Electro, Owl, Shocker (it's time he gets some respect), Tombstone, Taskmaster, Viper, and Roald Bushman.

So there's more than enough villains for the group to fight. In fact they could make up their own villains! Characters like Moon Knight and Daredevil have such small rogues galleries that it's prolly for the best that some new villains appear. Although there's more than enough villains in this post that could span 5 minis or more!

And VVD is the minority once again......

I think its stupid and I have absolutely no desires to see this happen.............EVER. :neutral:

There are so many other things that could be explored in the UU rather than another crime/street-level series. Having a special guest like DD or Moon Knight in USM is more than enough. I could go on for many different reasons on why...but its 2am and I just don't feel like typing a long list. So lemme just say that this is bollocks and I hate it already.

Cheerio....

I'd like an Ultimate Marvel Knights series - but only if someone like Brubaker was writing it. I don't need another Bendis book - or another Loeb book.

And VVD... you don't need to see another street level book, but you love Ultimate Wolverine, something that we could actually see less of? :?

ProjectX2 said:
And VVD... you don't need to see another street level book, but you love Ultimate Wolverine, something that we could actually see less of? :?

Wrong. I love Loeb and Turner.

I am only excited about that mini because of the creative team....not the subject. I'm actually against Wolverine getting his own mini....................again.

ProjectX2 said:

Well thing is Bendis doesn't like Punisher so he treats him like a fool, Garth Ennis likes Punisher so he treats with respect, which is why Ultimate Punisher is far less impressive than Max Punisher.

Random said:
Yep, see the big problem with UU Punisher is that it seems pretty clear he's doing the wrong thing. Which is a dumb way to do it. You cant have him just trying to kill Boomerang, but go after the worst of the worst. Rapist, murders and drug dealer, you want to have o enter a question of ethics. Whether or not its the right thing to kill these guys. Think of the end of Boondock Saints

But that is why ultimate Punisher is so pointless, Max Punisher's book is actual far more realstic then any Ultimate marvel title, so Ultimate Punsiher doesn't really fit in, Max Punisher is already far more realstic than he is.

Victor Von Doom said:
Wrong. I love Loeb and Turner.

I am only excited about that mini because of the creative team....not the subject. I'm actually against Wolverine getting his own mini....................again.

So if an ultimate Knights title had a really good writing team, then you would support it?

Foolsfolly said:
Villains could be: Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher (although let the guy rest some), Elektra, Fu Manchu, Enforcers, Jack O'Lantern, Typhoid Mary, Arcade, Boomerang, Electro, Owl, Shocker (it's time he gets some respect), Tombstone, Taskmaster, Viper, and Roald Bushman.

So there's more than enough villains for the group to fight. In fact they could make up their own villains! Characters like Moon Knight and Daredevil have such small rogues galleries that it's prolly for the best that some new villains appear. Although there's more than enough villains in this post that could span 5 minis or more!

Personally I think some DD villains could easily be revamped to fit the ultimate Universe, I and MWoF worked on some ideas on that in this thread:
http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2266&highlight=Bushwacker

I think the Ultimate Universe should take a page out of Bruce Timm's play book and revamp some of the goofy 616 villains into real threats. Mr. Freeze was really lame before Timm revamped him, then he became really interesting.

The Overlord said:
So if an ultimate Knights title had a really good writing team, then you would support it?

I would read it for the sake of reading it and get the trade when it came out because I collect the Ultimate line.

But I wouldn't be excited for it.

I say stick with what we know so far. It looks like a lot people are bringing in 616 characters that havent been introduced yet. We still have enough so far with

Daredevil
MoonKnight
Shang-Chi
Iron Fist
Spider-Man (DD showed him some respect towards the end)
Black Cat

Assisted by Doc Strange

Blade is too much of a rogue who doesnt care what Wilson Fisk is doing. Hes got a far greater agenda.

Cloak & Dagger? Not even part of the Ultimate Universe yet.

Id be good with what we have so far

Im all about those last 2 pages of USM Annual #2. VVD you are not just the minority. You are the opposition. There is no street-level crime stories in the ultimate universe yet.

TheManWithoutFear said:
There is no street-level crime stories in the ultimate universe yet.
You could argue that Spider-Man is really a street-level crime fighter. He has his moment in the sun, but he primarily just "walks a beat," in a sense.

I agree though that we could definitely use a mini that's not some earth shattering event. So far, UWvH has been a let down and Ultimate Wolverine is probably just going to be about developing his character with little effect.

Oh come on though. Cloak and Dagger would be awesome to show that Kingpin is after his own Super Soliders!

Agree with Blade but still can't see why Strange would help take down Kingpin.

And we have to introduce a new villain. Otherwise what would Kingpin throw at the Knights? Currently all of Kingpin's powered goons are either, dead, emprisoned, or in a coma. (I am however a bit behind in USM...so I might be wrong there correct if so).

And since some of you really want Spider-Man on the team...

Cop Out:

How about a clone? Assuming they don't all die and Nick Fury doesn't take them all for his Ultimates or just throw them in the Triskeleton due to being illegal genetically altered beings.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I say stick with what we know so far. It looks like a lot people are bringing in 616 characters that havent been introduced yet. We still have enough so far with

Daredevil
MoonKnight
Shang-Chi
Iron Fist
Spider-Man (DD showed him some respect towards the end)
Black Cat

Assisted by Doc Strange

Blade is too much of a rogue who doesnt care what Wilson Fisk is doing. Hes got a far greater agenda.

Cloak & Dagger? Not even part of the Ultimate Universe yet.

Id be good with what we have so far

Im all about those last 2 pages of USM Annual #2. VVD you are not just the minority. You are the opposition. There is no street-level crime stories in the ultimate universe yet.

To be fair new characters could be introduced into an Ultimate Knights series that haven't been seen elsewhere, like Cloak and Dagger. Now I don't think their presence is necessary, but I wouldn't oppose them being in title as well. It would be easy to make them fit in such a title, the Kingpin's main chemist Curtis Carr (Chemistro in the 616 universe) kindnaps two runaways and tests an experimental designer drug on them, which changes their genetic structure and gives them powers. They escape and vow to shut down the Kingpin's operations. Of course their powers would have to toned down for the Ultimate Universe. Again they are not necessary so I wouldn't be sad if they weren't included.

I don't think Spidey should be a member, DD thinks he is a just a kid and thinks he should just go home and quit. DD doesn't respect him, so he wouldn't invite him into his team. Besides Spidey has enought to do in his own title, there is no real reason he needs further exposeur here. Also I don't see why Dr. strange would care about the Kingpin, seems like he would have bigger concerns on his mind, Kingpin just wouldn't be a concern for him.

You could make the team really small and just have DD, Black Cat, Moon Knight, Shang Chi and Iron Fist, they wouldn't have powers, (expect DD) but they would be skilled fighters and such.

This title would be a good place to introduce the revamped DD rogues we talked about last year. But we have to have villains from the other heroes rogues galleries as well, however I don't know a whole lot about Iron Fist or Moon Knight villains. Is Fu Manchu still Shang Chi's father in the Ultimate universe, if so you would have to include him as well. If he isn't some other villain could always be made Shang Chi's father.

However you are correct about one thing, the Ultimate Universe does not have a real street level title, USM has elements have of a street level book, but ultimately its more of a high school drama/science fiction super hero drama.

MaxwellSmart said:
You could argue that Spider-Man is really a street-level crime fighter. He has his moment in the sun, but he primarily just "walks a beat," in a sense.

I agree though that we could definitely use a mini that's not some earth shattering event. So far, UWvH has been a let down and Ultimate Wolverine is probably just going to be about developing his character with little effect.

USM is more of an high school drama/science fiction super hero title than a straight urban crime title.

Foolsfolly said:
And since some of you really want Spider-Man on the team...

Cop Out:

How about a clone? Assuming they don't all die and Nick Fury doesn't take them all for his Ultimates or just throw them in the Triskeleton due to being illegal genetically altered beings.

No clones!!!!:furious: :furious: :furious:

Hey ****in tell Bendis! And Spider-Woman is going to be in Ultimates 4! Bendis has put the mark of Clones in the universe.

And NO ONE ever wanted them in the first place.

Foolsfolly said:
Oh come on though. Cloak and Dagger would be awesome to show that Kingpin is after his own Super Soliders!

Agree with Blade but still can't see why Strange would help take down Kingpin.

And we have to introduce a new villain. Otherwise what would Kingpin throw at the Knights? Currently all of Kingpin's powered goons are either, dead, emprisoned, or in a coma. (I am however a bit behind in USM...so I might be wrong there correct if so).

You could also intorduce some revamped B-list villains from say DD's rogues gallery either has the Kingpin's minions or lone psychos the Knights could face when not fighting Kingpin. MWoF and I developed some ideas for Ultimate DD rogues here:

http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2266&highlight=Bushwacker

Latest posts

Back