Ultimate Legacy Virus (Spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Legacy Virus

I would prefer the Ultimate Universe stay true to its deeper purpose of more realistic political and social themes and create a more plausible virus with longterm consequences, like any real virus. Perhaps they could contain an outbreak, but there shouldn't be a clear-cut cure that undermines the purpose of the virus altogether.

To make it interesting, perhaps it can be an STD like HIV and AIDS... This would protect the central cast, but for small groups of mutants living on the streets, the disease could become quite formidible. Hospitals would be afraid to treat them and they would be pushed out into the streets to die.

Perhaps this would be where the Ultimate Morlocks would come from... Dying homeless mutants forced to live in the sewers with little or no treatment. Perhaps storm would be infected somehow.

They could introduce mutant named "Patient Zero" mirroring Gaetan Dugas, the gay flight attendant whom they linked almost every case of AIDS to in dozens of major American and Canadian cities back in the mid-eighties. His sociopathic and reckless behavior destroyed countless lives.... It'd be interesting to see that sort of dangerous criminal in the Ultimate Universe.

It would also be interesting to see a much different Illyana Rasputin... sold into the sex trade only to discover she was a Mutant and that she contracted the Legacy Virus.
This seems more of a possibility of it happening. It sounds good.

How did the 616 Legacy Virus spread anyways?

I would prefer the Ultimate Universe stay true to its deeper purpose of more realistic political and social themes and create a more plausible virus with longterm consequences, like any real virus. Perhaps they could contain an outbreak, but there shouldn't be a clear-cut cure that undermines the purpose of the virus altogether.

To make it interesting, perhaps it can be an STD like HIV and AIDS... This would protect the central cast, but for small groups of mutants living on the streets, the disease could become quite formidible. Hospitals would be afraid to treat them and they would be pushed out into the streets to die.

Perhaps this would be where the Ultimate Morlocks would come from... Dying homeless mutants forced to live in the sewers with little or no treatment. Perhaps storm would be infected somehow.

They could introduce mutant named "Patient Zero" mirroring Gaetan Dugas, the gay flight attendant whom they linked almost every case of AIDS to in dozens of major American and Canadian cities back in the mid-eighties. His sociopathic and reckless behavior destroyed countless lives.... It'd be interesting to see that sort of dangerous criminal in the Ultimate Universe.

It would also be interesting to see a much different Illyana Rasputin... sold into the sex trade only to discover she was a Mutant and that she contracted the Legacy Virus.

Yeah, but if just have the Legacy virus hang around in the background, the storyline will eventually go nowhere and be mostly forgotten, like it was in the 616 universe. Yeah you can get some storylines at first, but after while it just sits there and doesn't get resolved, it becomes a dangler.

Real life is boring and depressing, that's why fiction picks the pace. I never like when there are plot danglers about.

Real life is boring and depressing, that's why fiction picks the pace. I never like when there are plot danglers about.

Well its a good thing they've cured things like death and aging, because we wouldn't want them dangling over the plots for years and years.

:roll:

Best. Ultimization. EVER.

That perfectly mirrors her role in 616 (let's be honest -- as pathos-inducing victim), and yet updates the context to fit both the purposes of the storyline, AND the present-day geopolitical climate (rampant sex trafficking in impovrished nations, and the specter of fatal STDs) .

I LOVE this aspect! Okay, that sounded wrong. What I mean is, it's a very interesting concept, based on a very depressing reality.

Last edited:

Well its a good thing they've cured things like death and aging, because we wouldn't want them dangling over the plots for years and years.

:roll:

Those are universal concepts not individual plot ploints for a specific storyline.

BRINGING THIS BACK BECAUSE OF THE MOST RECENT ISSUE OF UXM!

The Ultimate Legacy Virus is Upon Us!

(and looking back, my Illyana Rasputin Ultimization is fantastic)

Merge into regular UXM Discussion?

Last edited:

BRINGING THIS BACK BECAUSE OF THE MOST RECENT ISSUE OF UXM!

The Ultimate Legacy Virus is Upon Us!

(and looking back, my Illyana Rasputin Ultimization is fantastic)

Merge into regular UXM Discussion?
No, the issue just got started on discussion. Let's leave that thread about the issue and this about the LV only.

I slapped on the Spoilers mark now.

What if, instead of killing mutants or curing the mutation, what if the Legacy Virus actually activates the mutant gene in normal humans? By, say, Apocalypse, maybe?

Latest posts

Back