Votes: 14 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
What is the big deal? I could see a few continuity problems but there is no reason these should've been tossed aside... well let's just go through them in order...

#1 (Spiderman/Wolverine vs. WeaponX/Sabertooth)

-Not bad. establishes Wolverine meeting Spiderman.

#2/3 (Spiderman Vs. Hulk)

Also not bad. Shows what was referred to in Ultimates #1.

#4/5 (Spiderman/Iron-Man Vs. Latverian Thugs)

Shows Ultimate Iron-Mans Origins. Also shows how shady Ultimate Nick Fury can be. Liked it a lot.

#6/7/8 (The Punisher Vs. Corrupt Cops) (Daredevil trying to help) (Spiderman screwing things up)
Cmon... Cmon... This was awesome. This was Bendis' Daredevil. This is the fix I needed. Punisher was an awesome character too. Very little Spiderman and it's quite obvious why DD doesn't like him. You guys had me thinking Daredevil was just some jerk. He's totally not at all he's still the coolest character (IMO) and his distaste for USM is totally legit. Awsome story.

#9 (Spiderman/Fantastic Four Vs. The Kree)
WTF...[insert scratching head smiley here]. Why would they do this. I agree toss this one in the garbage. Nothing is right here it's awful. Do they refer to this when Johnny and Spiderman hook up in the recent issues? I don't even know what to say about it...

#10 (Spiderman/Man-Thing Vs. The Lizard)
Another good one establishing the origins of Ultimate Curt Conners. Ultimate Man-Thing was cool and very mysterious.

#11 (Spiderman/X-Men)
Good one. Refers back to Ultimate Teamup #1.

#12/13 (Spiderman/Doctor Strange Jr. Vs. Xanadu)
Liked this one a lot too. I don't know why they didn't tie it in with the recent Nightmare Arc. Maybe it's because of some forgetful spell. He did say he wanted to forget the whole thing happened... just a thought.

#14 (Spiderman/Black Widow Vs. Corrupt Latverian Politicans)
Good take on the Black Widow there. Liked it. Kinda shows how Black Widow starts working for the Ultimates.

#15/16 (Spiderman/Shang chi Vs. Chinatown Gang)
Didn't expect to like this at all. Easily one of my favorites. Beautifully worked around that Chinese legend that was told in there. I hope they refer to this when he shows up in USM again.

Continuity problems were small with the exception of UFF (what else is new). If you guys could point the ones that ticked you off the most, that'd be nice. I definitely think these should be regarded there were some great stories and references and a few origins that were helpful.

Are they making anymore of these? Why did they all have to involve Spiderman?

I also included the poll just to get an idea of how many of us have read them or not.

Oh... I see you got the issues, glad you enjoyed the series. Yes, i agree most of the stuff in teamu-p is totally continuity-friendly, i don't see why people throw it out.

o yeah, i've read them

I said it with a smile I don't mean it... take it easy...

and if anyone would like to explain where these teamups fall or are supposed to fit into chronological order... be my guest...

I'm reading the superspecial now and I'm gonna comment on that next...

TheManWithoutFear said:
and if anyone would like to explain where these teamups fall or are supposed to fit into chronological order... be my guest...
I believe that DIrishB has. The thread he made about the continuity of UU is in the Ult. U thread.

I have read most of them. Mainly the important ones - the Hulk issues, the Wolverine story, etc.

I don't think the writing (and art for that matter) is up to par with the other Ultimate books, and I think there were some things done in them too hastily and without planning for later expansion of the line. The spoof UFF issue and the Peter Parker at the mall with the X-Men issues were stinkers for sure.

Actually, no not those ones.

I really want to just get the hardcover if I ever see it. Maybe I'll pick it up in Toronto or Chicago if I go to either of those cons.

Ultimate Spiderman super special

The same goes for this... it introduces Ultimate Blade very cool scene. and he interacts with Ultimate Elektra and Ultimate Fantastic Four (which is much better than Teamup #9 ). He goes to Ultimate Daredevil for advise too who completely blows him off. Daredevil and Blade kinda have the same reaction because Spiderman is seemingly always in the way and draws attention to himself which is something the professionals wouldn't do.

ultimate team up and the ultimates are actually the only ultimate comics i own in there entirety (and in actual comic form, not tpb)

and personally i love team up, sure theres continuity issues but there are small little backgrounds that come up (though they may still be changed)
one thing i love is the issues involving the hulk. At first glance comparing it with the ultimates it just doesnt fit into place and of course theres the issue with ross at his time but what you gotta keep in mind is that banner mentions in the very early issues of the ultimates having problems with the super soilder serum and its hinted at that he has turned into the monster before. Im not saying hes refering to the team ups issue but he was obviously much tamer in those issues than in the ultimates, and this was all part of a weaker serum he took before they found cap america. Coincedence? its for the reader to decide.

I mean I think there great reads that help expand on the ultimate universe and go a little further in detail on some of the characters we love, and finally What i do have to say to anyone complaining about the continuity of team up shouldd then also just throw out any issue of usm or uxm where nick fury was white and resembled james bond, because as we all now know, and for all purposes, he is black and looks like samuel l. jackson
(my point is things change and people change there mind, especially if theres different writers)

big danny d said:
and personally i love team up, sure theres continuity issues but there are small little backgrounds that come up (though they may still be changed)
one thing i love is the issues involving the hulk. At first glance comparing it with the ultimates it just doesnt fit into place and of course theres the issue with ross at his time but what you gotta keep in mind is that banner mentions in the very early issues of the ultimates having problems with the super soilder serum and its hinted at that he has turned into the monster before. Im not saying hes refering to the team ups issue but he was obviously much tamer in those issues than in the ultimates, and this was all part of a weaker serum he took before they found cap america. Coincedence? its for the reader to decide.

Yeah, the little backgrounds of certain characters really made them fun for me. The Lizard was explained a lot better, Iron Man's Origin, Black Widows begging to be working for Nick Fury and some of the added guys like Shang Chi. All the little things made getting these worthwhile. Continuity flaws were so minor.
You're right it is referred to in Ultimates #1 they show the Hulk chasing Spiderman in a flashback

big danny d said:
I mean I think there great reads that help expand on the ultimate universe and go a little further in detail on some of the characters we love, and finally What i do have to say to anyone complaining about the continuity of team up shouldd then also just throw out any issue of usm or uxm where nick fury was white and resembled james bond, because as we all now know, and for all purposes, he is black and looks like samuel l. jackson
(my point is things change and people change there mind, especially if theres different writers)

I don't remember Nick Fury ever appearing as a white man in any Ultimate Title...

But good thoughts there, Welcome to the site :twisted:

Yeah i read most of these. The first TPB and the 3rd. so i missed 6 issues i think?

The stories arent what bother me tho, i just think that the art is terrible for some issues

icemastertron said:
I haven't read them. They came out before I started collecting comics, but I am going to get them.

im in the same boat....by the time i got interseted in comics again...they were already about a 1 year old and sold out...

-Nigma

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't remember Nick Fury ever appearing as a white man in any Ultimate Title...

Me either - refresh my memory?

Latest posts

Back