Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

was the scene where Nick Fury and Dugan (how old is he?) storm Weapon X and kill every body supposed to be when Nick Fury freed Wolverine from Weapon X (as referred to in the "Return to Weapon X" arc of UXM, b/c it doesn't seem like it is...

I'm assuming its very soon after Wolverine was liberated by Fury from Weapon X. I assumed Wolverine led them back (with a team of soldiers) to shut it down. Of course, sometime later, much closer to the "present" of the Ultimate universe, its revived and led by Wraith.

maybe after they torch the experimental facility they open the military ops division, and that's where Wraith and Sabretooth come in.

Exactly. Least thats how I see it.

In terms of Dugan...I'm just assuming he was somehow also exposed to the serum in some way, since much like Fury he has seemed not to age (or hardly at all). I'm wondering if this is something planned for a future tale, though the thought processes behind most of the Ultimate verse stories has been almost non-existant the past few years and progressively getting worse...so, I'm not holding my breath we'll get an explanation on Dugan's extended life...

Good luck with Marvel Zombies 3. Good thing 616 is easy to follow chronologically. Oh wait...

don't you think it's about time to remove the game from the timeline. It just doesn't fit anymore. Seriously, get rid of it, at first it was part of Ultimate canon but now we have a comic version we can just follow that and assume the game as abit of fun.

Updated for Ultimate Spider-Man #127, Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #3, and Ultimate Captain America Annual #1.

thekendon said:
Good luck with Marvel Zombies 3. Good thing 616 is easy to follow chronologically. Oh wait...

I'm not too worried about it. I'm not going to start adding 616 stories to the timeline. I'll add all of Marvel Zombies 3, and treat any portions which occur in the 616 universe as if its just another random dimension. In relation to the Ultimate universe as a whole, it is. But I'm not going to start incorporating 616 stories unless they directly tie into Ultimate stories (or universes linked to the Ultimate universe, like with the Zombie-verse and the Marvel Zombies 3 and Black Panther crossovers).

-beardoms- said:
don't you think it's about time to remove the game from the timeline. It just doesn't fit anymore. Seriously, get rid of it, at first it was part of Ultimate canon but now we have a comic version we can just follow that and assume the game as abit of fun.

Nah, I'm gonna go ahead and leave it in. Now the endings have branched off completely, and its pretty clear the comic is ignoring the game's version of this story's ending...however, it really hasn't negated it or made it so it screws up the continuity (well, maybe a little). But as I've stated before, the game explains things (that weren't adapted in the comic) which serve the USM mythos overall which aren't explained anywhere else, like Goblin's escape from the Cryogenic holding tank he was placed in after Ultimate Six. Its not a big deal, but I'd rather include it and have some minor continuity discrepancies than not include it and have things like that unexplained all together. If you choose not to include it in your own version of whats Ultimate canon and not, by all means. But this timeline is meant to be comprehensive, and include anything that could be Ultimate canon (unless it downright states it isn't...like Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #9).

If I based the entries' inclusion on the timeline solely on if it presented a continuity discrepancy or not, there wouldn't be much on this timeline at all (there are a lot of continuity mistakes in the Ultimate universe).

So I finally caught up on the current UXM arc. I really wanted to like it but I think the Retardism of Ultimates 3 is spreading, slowly infecting every Ultimate book. I will say that I liked it more than Kirkman's Crapocalypse arc (what was the point if nobody remembers anything and those who died came back to life??? Pointless!)

But um, Xavier fighting a
Raptor
?? Really?? Oooookay....
Utter poop-dick I say.

And please answer me this -
How in the holy hell was Quicksilver alive
? How?

Last edited:
So I finally caught up on the current UXM arc. I really wanted to like it but I think the Retardism of Ultimates 3 is spreading, slowly infecting every Ultimate book. I will say that I liked it more than Kirkman's Crapocalypse arc (what was the point if nobody remembers anything and those who died came back to life??? Pointless!)

But um, Xavier fighting a
Raptor
?? Really?? Oooookay....
Utter poop-dick I say.

Completely agree.

And please answer me this -
How in the holy hell was Quicksilver alive
? How?

Because it takes place before Utimates 3.

hey dirishb i have some information which may help you update the timeline, issue 58 of FF will continue straight from issue 2 of ultimatum, the source is here!
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.5739.Ultimate_FF~colon~_Answering_the_Ultimatum

Excellent! Thanks!

No problem.

i am really hoping that after Ultimatum we dont get anymore Ultimate X-Men or Ultimate FF. I just dont see the point of them anymore, i enjoy both stories but think they should get rid of the ongoing series.

I would like not to see Ultimates 4 and lets just have Ultimate Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man, whilst these are going we should get small mini-series for the FF and X-Men and Hulk etc, i think doing this can help straighten out the timeline.

Updated for Ultimatum #1 and Marvel Zombies 3 #1-2.

Ultimatum sucks...even worse than Ultimates 3, if you can imagine.

*sigh*

-beardoms- said:
No problem.

i am really hoping that after Ultimatum we dont get anymore Ultimate X-Men or Ultimate FF. I just dont see the point of them anymore, i enjoy both stories but think they should get rid of the ongoing series.

I would like not to see Ultimates 4 and lets just have Ultimate Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man, whilst these are going we should get small mini-series for the FF and X-Men and Hulk etc, i think doing this can help straighten out the timeline.

I agree on all counts. UXM was a great title at one time under Millar and Vaughan (Bendis' arc was good as well), but the past 30+ issues by Kirkman, and the recent issues by the Heroes guys, have all been laughably, ridiculously terrible.

UFF is the same story: started out as an interesting and fun title under Millar/Bendis, and got better under Ellis, and then got whacky-fun under Millar again. Then Carey took over and it got boring and pointless. And then the Heroes guys took over and made it even worse.

So yeah, they should definitely do away with both ongoings and occasionally just release minis focusing on the teams, as you suggested, when they actually have a worthwhile story and decent artists available.

They weren't that bad, just suffer from production drama and ended very stupidly

Read the Apocalypse arc again and tell me they weren't that bad. The only arc that wasn't a complete waste of time under Kirkman's run was the Cable story.

He had some interesting ideas, I admit, but he completely failed in utilizing them. I loved his attempts to introduce Ultimate versions of a lot of the concepts from the 90's X-Men comics, but his story-lines themselves were predictable, heavy-handed, and lazy. Go back and read some of the early Millar or Vaughan arcs, then pick up ANY Kirkman arc and tell me it isn't utter tripe in comparison.

Read the Apocalypse arc again and tell me they weren't that bad. The only arc that wasn't a complete waste of time under Kirkman's run was the Cable story.

When I said "Ended Stupidly" I was referring to the Apocalypse arc.

And I wouldn't blame him far all that was bad during his run, it was mainly at first being him not know how long he'll be on and second try to wrap up his story way too fast before his run was up. As I recall even the apocalypse arc wasn't that bad, it was just extremely rushed and had a dumb "reset" ending.

Last edited:
Don't you think USM #123 would take place afte4r #127 assuming Brock somehow got the suit back at the end of the entire arc? 'Cause I don't think it makes sense since Eddie doesn't have the suit in #127.

Don't you think USM #123 would take place afte4r #127 assuming Brock somehow got the suit back at the end of the entire arc? 'Cause I don't think it makes sense since Eddie doesn't have the suit in #127.

oh yeah, b/c Eddie mentions the museum fight right before he eats that guy at the end...but right after the museum fight he gets captured, then escapes and loses the symbiote in the fight with Beetle, Spidey, and the Ultimates...so i guess we know how the arc ends then...

So im readinf in the order of the timeline and well u have the all the issues of The Ultimates (I mean volume 1 not 2 or 3) set before Hellfire and Brimstone well, in the end of the Ultimates Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are part of The Ultimates but in Hellfire and Brimstone they are still part of the brotherhood, granted they are doing good things, but they are still part of them.

EDIT: Just read ULTIMATE WAR figured it out.

Last edited:
oh yeah, b/c Eddie mentions the museum fight right before he eats that guy at the end...but right after the museum fight he gets captured, then escapes and loses the symbiote in the fight with Beetle, Spidey, and the Ultimates...so i guess we know how the arc ends then...

Yep. Still a fun arc, though I'm angry at Bendis' feeling that he needed to alter the events near the end (game vs. comic). I'll find a way to explain the differences in the end...there've been MUCH worse continuity gaffes in the Ultimate universe.

-beardoms- said:
So im readinf in the order of the timeline and well u have the all the issues of The Ultimates (I mean volume 1 not 2 or 3) set before Hellfire and Brimstone well, in the end of the Ultimates Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are part of The Ultimates but in Hellfire and Brimstone they are still part of the brotherhood, granted they are doing good things, but they are still part of them.

But--

EDIT: Just read ULTIMATE WAR figured it out.

Yep...thats it! ;)

Still, if you think something doesn't make sense, I'm all ears. In your continued reading, let me know if anything else stands out or doesn't make sense to you. Sometimes there's an explanation, but more often than not it was just a continuity mistake on the writers' and editors' parts. In those cases, I'll usually go with the option which causes LESS of a continuity discrepancy. But, sometimes I screw up too, so always let me know if something doesn't seem right. I definitely view this as a community project here, as many of the fellow members have contributed placements or corrected mistakes on my part, or offered explanations for some of the continuity screw-ups on Marvel's part. So yes, definitely chime in as often as possible. I look forward to it, for one, and I'm pretty sure captaincanuck65 loves the timeline discussion too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back