Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

Post of the Day.

Sweet!

are you kidding me?
how long did this take you?
It must have taken more than three minutes. I'm so astounded it's going to take me at least 316 days toget over it, 268 days just to get my orientation and the other 48 days to come up with a good response. Seriously, clever posts like this can influence hearts and minds. The whole truth is that you're so cool that you make me feel out of place, like a stranger in a strange land. Do these posts come to you like flashes before your eyes ? Like visions that you have to post as an expose of your brilliance? When I read these posts, I'm really glad you're one of us and that we aren't on a collision course. You should be royalty, we should name you the little prince, if this message board was an exodus, you would be Moses and we would all follow the leader. Teach me how to be as cool as you, i am a balnk slate, a tabula rasa, if you will.

But none of that is true, i was lying. It was all part of the long con i was pulling. Do you know what the lie was? I don't think that highly of you, actually, you're kind of a jughead.

:D

Don't be mad just because I stole your thunder.

Those posts are brilliant.

I know.

just wait till May 6th

time doesn't always go in a straight line for me

It does for me, hence the timelines. ;)

is this an official POtD?
or do those need to come from E?

E hands them out. But still, its nice to be nominated...

*wipes away tear*

Those posts are brilliant.

Mine's more brilliant b/c i used ones that DIB didn't use and he used all the easy ones (except ? that one was pretty simple to incorporate)
Don't be mad just because I stole your thunder.

I'm not mad... and i don't think you're a jughead

E hands them out. But still, its nice to be nominated...

*wipes away tear*

that's what i thought, well thanks for the nomination ultimatedjf

Good god, i haven't been on this board in ages. My computer would not allow me on for like two months. Now i'm back!. Hope everyone still loves the ultimate universe (Yes i was being sarcastic) Well i'm still pulling through!

X-Men timeline

Hope you read this, DIrishB. Dunno if anyone's mentioned or discussed this, but I been readin' up on X-Men (and yes, I call the title "X-Men" instead of puttin' "Ultimate" in front, same with Spider Man, Fantastic Four, etc.) and I was readin' X-Men #6 and read what Magneto said on the page where he's in front of the White House as it burns and making a nationwide recording with Bush kneeled down naked in front of him. He said, "America dies tonight at the age of two hundred and twenty-five." I'm assuming he was counting from Independence Day, July 4, 1776. So 1776 + 225 = 2001. Then Professor Xavier comes out and blah blah blah, Magneto then says, "We need to finish a fight we started in the jungle rain almost two years ago..."

Now Year Zero on the timeline is 2002, because in The Ultimates #1 on page 24, it says at the top corner of the page. So that would make Year One 2003, which is when you have X-Men #6 occurring. 2003 - 225 = 1778.

Also, the point in time when Charles Xavier is stabbed in the Savage Land and paralyzed, I believe you have it Two Years Before. That would make it the year 2000. But as I said before, you have X-Men #6 occurring in the year 2003, or Year One, which would be three years apart, or almost three years.

I might just be thinking too much and not be too good in my history lessons. And I know that the guys that have worked on Ultimate Marvel have screwed up continuity a li'l, especially with Fantastic Four and maybe even Spider-Man if they haven't made him a senior in high school yet. Just thought I'd bring that up if nobody else has. I appreciate what you do here, D. It actually takes the stress out of tryin' to figure out what happens when and stuff. I'm hopin' you are right in the timeline and that somebody who worked on these Ultimate stories just screwed somethin' else up.

P.S. Has anything else come up about Einstein possibly being the Man-Thing? You remember that, right? I was the guy who came up with that theory, or at least mentioned it. Dunno if anyone else did.

Last edited:
Re: X-Men timeline

Hope you read this, DIrishB. Dunno if anyone's mentioned or discussed this, but I been readin' up on X-Men (and yes, I call the title "X-Men" instead of puttin' "Ultimate" in front, same with Spider Man, Fantastic Four, etc.) and I was readin' X-Men #6 and read what Magneto said on the page where he's in front of the White House as it burns and making a nationwide recording with Bush kneeled down naked in front of him. He said, "America dies tonight at the age of two hundred and twenty-five." I'm assuming he was counting from Independence Day, July 4, 1776. So 1776 + 225 = 2001. Then Professor Xavier comes out and blah blah blah, Magneto then says, "We need to finish a fight we started in the jungle rain almost two years ago..."

Now Year Zero on the timeline is 2002, because in The Ultimates #1 on page 24, it says at the top corner of the page. So that would make Year One 2003, which is when you have X-Men #6 occurring. 2003 - 225 = 1778.

Also, the point in time when Charles Xavier is stabbed in the Savage Land and paralyzed, I believe you have it Two Years Before. That would make it the year 2000. But as I said before, you have X-Men #6 occurring in the year 2003, or Year One, which would be three years apart, or almost three years.

I might just be thinking too much and not be too good in my history lessons. And I know that the guys that have worked on Ultimate Marvel have screwed up continuity a li'l, especially with Fantastic Four and maybe even Spider-Man if they haven't made him a senior in high school yet. Just thought I'd bring that up if nobody else has. I appreciate what you do here, D. It actually takes the stress out of tryin' to figure out what happens when and stuff. I'm hopin' you are right in the timeline and that somebody who worked on these Ultimate stories just screwed somethin' else up.

P.S. Has anything else come up about Einstein possibly being the Man-Thing? You remember that, right? I was the guy who came up with that theory, or at least mentioned it. Dunno if anyone else did.

This is the reason I got rid of the specific year placements and switched to "Year 0", "Year 1", etc. The problem is, the writers pretty much placed the stories in the year they were released (the early issues of UXM are all set around 2001-2002 or 2003). However, with the passing of real time far out-pacing that in the comics (UXM had been running for like 8 years in the real world, but only a year or two has passed for them in comic time), its impossible to make sense of it using actual years, so I went with the Year 1, 2, 3 approach. It involves fudging some dates a bit, but not much.

My advice concerning the Ultimate timeline is not to give much thought to the passage of time in the universe (focusing on how many months or years have passed), and focus more on when the stories take place in relation to each other.

As for Einstein being Man-Thing...could be. Its a cool theory. :)

Re: X-Men timeline

This is the reason I got rid of the specific year placements and switched to "Year 0", "Year 1", etc. The problem is, the writers pretty much placed the stories in the year they were released (the early issues of UXM are all set around 2001-2002 or 2003). However, with the passing of real time far out-pacing that in the comics (UXM had been running for like 8 years in the real world, but only a year or two has passed for them in comic time), its impossible to make sense of it using actual years, so I went with the Year 1, 2, 3 approach. It involves fudging some dates a bit, but not much.

My advice concerning the Ultimate timeline is not to give much thought to the passage of time in the universe (focusing on how many months or years have passed), and focus more on when the stories take place in relation to each other.

As for Einstein being Man-Thing...could be. Its a cool theory. :)

I see, I see... I just thought I'd bring it up just in case. In all honesty, I haven't even read all the comics in any of the series so I'm not sure exactly what's happenin'. I'm just readin' what's already been digitized on Marvel Digital Comics. They're still fillin' in the gaps with issues they've been missin' in each series. I can't wait 'til they digitize [Ultimate] Origins 'cause I haven't read those yet. They've only digitized Origins #1 so far.

I see, I see... I just thought I'd bring it up just in case. In all honesty, I haven't even read all the comics in any of the series so I'm not sure exactly what's happenin'. I'm just readin' what's already been digitized on Marvel Digital Comics. They're still fillin' in the gaps with issues they've been missin' in each series. I can't wait 'til they digitize [Ultimate] Origins 'cause I haven't read those yet. They've only digitized Origins #1 so far.

Ultimate Origins was meh.

The best Ultimate stories are the early stuff:

USM #1-60
UXM #1-65
UFF #1-18
Ultimates #1-13 & Ultimates 2 #1-13

Read those, for sure. The rest...well, only if you're pointlessly and hopelessly dedicated to the Universe (like me).

I can't believe you're still doing this, man.

You've got to be nuts.

I just can't let go...

Well I'll take Origins like I did X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It wasn't that great, but I had the need to see it anyway, 'cause i'm a fan no matter lol.

Spider Man questions

What's the principal's name at Peter's school, Midtown High? Is it the Ultimate version of Mister Davis? Does he have a first name? Just curious.

Another question: If Peter's fifteen years old at Year One, then by Year Four he should be at least eighteen. So do you think they'll finally have Peter graduate and go off to college in Volume Two of the series?

Last edited:
Well I'll take Origins like I did X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It wasn't that great, but I had the need to see it anyway, 'cause i'm a fan no matter lol.

Thats how I approached it.

Me to. Shamlessly. Oh Well.:razz:

We're gluttons for punishement.

What's the principal's name at Peter's school, Midtown High? Is it the Ultimate version of Mister Davis? Does he have a first name? Just curious.

I have no idea.

Another question: If Peter's fifteen years old at Year One, then by Year Four he should be at least eighteen. So do you think they'll finally have Peter graduate and go off to college in Volume Two of the series?

This is another reason I don't use specific years. Basically, Peter is sort of immortal, forever 15. Bendis said early on in USM's run that he didn't want to age the character, as he thought the best Spidey stories from the 616 universe were the ones when Peter was still in high school. So, he basically said he was going to keep Peter in the 15/16 year old age range indefinitely, even though other titles acknowledge the passage of time (Ultimates and UXM for instance), Peter doesn't seem to age. And according to the Hobgoblin arc, only 9 months passed between issue 1 and 72...and according to the most recent issue of USM, its only been a couple months since the Superstars arc (which occurs immediately before USM), so all in all it appears less than a year has passed in USM, still to this point. And since its never mentioned Peter being on summer vacation, etc, its safe to assume that.

The only problem arises when specific amounts of time pass in other titles (like the year between Ultimates 1 and 2), but events which are mentioned or happen in one which are then mentioned or occur in USM itself creates continuity issues (since as stated, a year hasn't passed yet for Peter).

Latest posts

Back