Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

Arent they going to focus on continuity abit more, thats what i heard. It might become easier for you. Who knows?

Thats what has been said, but we'll have to wait to see if it holds true. Either way, it makes my job easier if for nothing else there are less titles to wade through each month, thereby making placement a bit less complicated.

So, DIrishB, how did you figure on the flashback sequence in Ult Req. 2? Am I wrong or isn't this a blatant and complete retcon of Bendis's own story from their meeting in Ult Marvel Team-Up?!

So, DIrishB, how did you figure on the flashback sequence in Ult Req. 2? Am I wrong or isn't this a blatant and complete retcon of Bendis's own story from their meeting in Ult Marvel Team-Up?!

I think it could fit in as either:

1: taking place after the first meeting of the Hulk and Spider-Man in UMT (nothing completely contradicts this if you read them both).
2: Jameson was writing his interpretation of what happened in UMT.

I think the first is probably the better choice for the timeline. That said, I still don't know how far after the first meeting this meeting occurs. Good luck DIrishB.

Should have actually looked at the timeline before my post. This placement looks right.

This is totally random and has very little to do witht he topic at hand, however, can we just now assume that Ultimate Marvel team Up is now not canon. I think i'm the only one who views it as un-canon. I know it is referenced a lot, but you can come up with excuses for that.

T.V shows get Pilot episodes which sometimes are canon or un-canon, just to sell the show. That's the way i view UMTU, it is technically a pilot to the the ultimate universe, and should just be viewed as un-canon from now on. Might make the timeline easier as well.

I think it could fit in as either:

1: taking place after the first meeting of the Hulk and Spider-Man in UMT (nothing completely contradicts this if you read them both).
2: Jameson was writing his interpretation of what happened in UMT.

I think the first is probably the better choice for the timeline. That said, I still don't know how far after the first meeting this meeting occurs. Good luck DIrishB.

Should have actually looked at the timeline before my post. This placement looks right.

Yeah, its just another example of Bendis not paying attention to his own continuity, but it doesn't outright negate the UMTU events, so I'm just leaving it as two separate events.

This is totally random and has very little to do witht he topic at hand, however, can we just now assume that Ultimate Marvel team Up is now not canon. I think i'm the only one who views it as un-canon. I know it is referenced a lot, but you can come up with excuses for that.

T.V shows get Pilot episodes which sometimes are canon or un-canon, just to sell the show. That's the way i view UMTU, it is technically a pilot to the the ultimate universe, and should just be viewed as un-canon from now on. Might make the timeline easier as well.

UMTU still fits into Ultimate continuity in most instances, and in several instances Ultimate continuity is dependant on the events of UMTU. UMTU shouldn't be ignored in my opinion (other than UMTU #9, which isn't intended as canon anyway). In fact, the recent USM Requiem #2 even touched on several pages from the USM Super Special.

UMTU #2-3 are definitely required, since the recent Ultimate Origins referenced them specifically, and later issues all tie into or are mentioned in the other Ultimate titles.

Anyway, UMTU is staying a part of the timeline. Any continuity issues aren't the fault of UMTU, so there's no reason to ignore them.

Yeah, its just another example of Bendis not paying attention to his own continuity, but it doesn't outright negate the UMTU events, so I'm just leaving it as two separate events.

seriously, how hard would it have been for Bendis to have written some dialogue that actually worked in continuity? all he had to do was have Spidey say something about knowing who hulk was and having a conversation with Banner after he de-hulked that implied they had met before. But this was pretty clearly a script for UMTU that was revised into the one that appears in UMTU 2-3

but being what it is, i agree with your placement DIrishB

UMTU still fits into Ultimate continuity in most instances, and in several instances Ultimate continuity is dependant on the events of UMTU. UMTU shouldn't be ignored in my opinion (other than UMTU #9, which isn't intended as canon anyway). In fact, the recent USM Requiem #2 even touched on several pages from the USM Super Special.
if by "touched on several pages from" you mean recycled the art from several pages from, then yeah.

UMTU #2-3 are definitely required, since the recent Ultimate Origins referenced them specifically, and later issues all tie into or are mentioned in the other Ultimate titles.

Anyway, UMTU is staying a part of the timeline. Any continuity issues aren't the fault of UMTU, so there's no reason to ignore them.
UMTU 2-3 are also directly referenced in Ultimates 2#1 when Fury and Banner are having dinner and overlooking the piers that the hulk destroyed.

and interestingly enough, Bendis used to reference UMTU all the time. I don't know what happened to him the past few years.

if by "touched on several pages from" you mean recycled the art from several pages from, then yeah.

When it comes to Bendis thats as detailed as it gets.

UMTU 2-3 are also directly referenced in Ultimates 2#1 when Fury and Banner are having dinner and overlooking the piers that the hulk destroyed.

Yep. UMTU is definitely still a part of Ultimate continuity.

jumpin jonny said:
you gonna throw in the marvel apes in the timeline since zombies and apes are having a crossover

No. The reason is that the Zombie-verse directly crossed over with the Ultimate verse. I'll include the comics which feature both the Zombies and Apes crossing over, but any other Ape related stuff won't be in the timeline. Cuz they suck.

No. The reason is that the Zombie-verse directly crossed over with the Ultimate verse. I'll include the comics which feature both the Zombies and Apes crossing over, but any other Ape related stuff won't be in the timeline. Cuz they suck.

Good call, otherwise there would be too much crap to add if you added every crossover's crossovers ad nausea.

Original Squadron Supreme meets Ultimate Universe in Ultimate Power.
Original Squadron Supreme meets 616 Avengers and Exiles
616 Avengers meet Justice League
Army of Darkness has meet just about everyone

That would encompass most the entire written cannon of Marvel, DC, and Dynamite.

Good call, otherwise there would be too much crap to add if you added every crossover's crossovers ad nausea.

Original Squadron Supreme meets Ultimate Universe in Ultimate Power.
Original Squadron Supreme meets 616 Avengers and Exiles
616 Avengers meet Justice League
Army of Darkness has meet just about everyone

That would encompass most the entire written cannon of Marvel, DC, and Dynamite.

Exactly. I have to draw the line somewhere. ;)

ULTIMATUM IS OVER!!! HOORAY!!!!

So the final Ultimatum related update has been made. Updated for UFF Requiem, which required a fair amount of additional page splitting and a minor bit of re-shuffling. But its done.

Also updated for some other Squadron Supreme and Marvel Zombies issues released from the past month or so.

so i guess UCSM #1 takes place before UCA #1 due to the fact that in UCSM it mentions that Cap is helping in the celebration of the rebuilding of NYC and in UCA he's gone rogue.

so i guess UCSM #1 takes place before UCA #1 due to the fact that in UCSM it mentions that Cap is helping in the celebration of the rebuilding of NYC and in UCA he's gone rogue.

Actually, it clearly says that UCSM takes place 6 months after Ultimatum, and UCA takes place a few weeks after. I'm sure its either a continuity screw-up (Bendis not accounting for Millar's storyline in UCA), or by the end of UCA (most likely even by the end of this arc), Cap will have returned to SHIELD. Don't forget, he went "rogue" once before in Ultimates Vol. 1 when he kicked the **** out of Giant Man, and there were very little repercussions from that...why should there be this time?

Updated for UCSM #1 and UCA #1, as well as tertiary titles like Deadpool - Merc With a Mouth #2.

Also, I did a bit of re-arranging for the latter part of the Ultimatum events, just to make it flow better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear they said continuity would be tighter in the new UC series'. Why do they start at extremely different points at time then? It will just make things confusing when they said continuity would be tighter. I don't, know it is still too early to tell.

Hello I just joined and I really like this thread. I just got the full collection and I'm starting to read using a modified version of this timeline. I made one that is per issue instead of per page. Any way I think I found something minor to adjust in the timeline. It is when we encounter Doom for the first time and he is watching the FF take out his mechanical bugs. I was thinking that that scene should take place immediately after the attack to keep it in chronological order. Here is what I thought should be done.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #8, "Doom, Part 2"
Ultimate Fantastic Four #9, "Doom, Part 3" (pg. 1-16)
Ultimate Fantastic Four#10, "Doom, Part 4" (pg. 5-9)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #9, "Doom, Part 3" (pg. 17-21)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #10, "Doom, Part 4" (pg. 1-4, 10-22)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #11, "Doom, Part 5"
Ultimate Fantastic Four #12, "Doom, Part 6"

From what I read so far this timeline looks awesome thanks a lot db!

Last edited:
I just find it funny that Bendis who wants to keep his character as young as possible chose to make a huge leap in the timeline while Millar who wanted the Ultimates stories to take place in one year gaps to almost spring after the post-Ultimatum.

I don't see why people are already complaining about the gap between both books. So what? We already have to swallow that the Hulk massacre in Manhattan, Ultimate Galactus, Chituari invasion, Liberators' ambush, the Ultimatum disasaters, not to mention several attacks on the White House by the Six and the Brotherhood took place in a course of six months. :roll: I'm even ignoring all the events that happened with all the characters in the books. Cap coming back to Ultimates within 6 months is nothing.

Hello I just joined and I really like this thread. I just got the full collection and I'm starting to read using a modified version of this timeline. I made one that is per issue instead of per page. Any way I think I found something minor to adjust in the timeline. It is when we encounter Doom for the first time and he is watching the FF take out his mechanical bugs. I was thinking that that scene should take place immediately after the attack to keep it in chronological order. Here is what I thought should be done.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #8, "Doom, Part 2"
Ultimate Fantastic Four #9, "Doom, Part 3" (pg. 1-16)
Ultimate Fantastic Four#10, "Doom, Part 4" (pg. 5-9)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #9, "Doom, Part 3" (pg. 17-21)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #10, "Doom, Part 4" (pg. 1-4, 10-22)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #11, "Doom, Part 5"
Ultimate Fantastic Four #12, "Doom, Part 6"

From what I read so far this timeline looks awesome thanks a lot db!

I'm keeping it as is merely for simplicity's sake, with the explanation being that the video Doom is watching is either a recording or a live feed with a slight time delay (since its being relayed from New York to Central Europe--the other side of the world).

Glad you like it, though. Keep checking back, I update on average every time a new Ultimate issue is released.

I'm also re-reading the entire Ultimate universe in trades right now for two reasons: 1.) to double-check and re-arrange anything that might need it; 2.) to remember when the Ultimate universe was awesome and help flush out Ultimatum and anything related to it (though I'll be forced to read those issues when I get to that point in the timeline).

So keep an eye out for changes for even the older stuff.

I just find it funny that Bendis who wants to keep his character as young as possible chose to make a huge leap in the timeline while Millar who wanted the Ultimates stories to take place in one year gaps to almost spring after the post-Ultimatum.

I don't see why people are already complaining about the gap between both books. So what? We already have to swallow that the Hulk massacre in Manhattan, Ultimate Galactus, Chituari invasion, Liberators' ambush, the Ultimatum disasaters, not to mention several attacks on the White House by the Six and the Brotherhood took place in a course of six months. :roll: I'm even ignoring all the events that happened with all the characters in the books. Cap coming back to Ultimates within 6 months is nothing.

Actually, that all happened within a year, not just six months.

Besides, Peter is now 16. He even referenced himself being 16 in the new 1st issue without it being a white lie like when he told Daredevil back in the USMSS--he was really only 15 at the time, and he also told Daredevil at first that he was 26 (which Daredevil knew was a lie...I guess he can smell puberty). And if we assume Peter had just turned 15 before getting his powers, a year is the way to go.

Of course, 6 months or a year, thats an awful lot of stuff to happen in either time period:

the Hulk massacre in Manhattan, Ultimate Galactus, Chituari invasion, Liberators' ambush, the Ultimatum disasaters, not to mention several attacks on the White House by the Six and the Brotherhood

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back