Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

Jred said:
Hi, i feel the need to point out some title mishaps. USM #7 is called Secret Identity on the cover and title page and not revelations.

Also, UM Team-Up #1, 2 and 3 are all SM and Hulk, and there's no mention of wolverin in the first issue of UM Team-Up.

At least, not in the comics i have anyway.
WELCOME! :D

well hey thanks guys. i found this guide a few days ago and have been reading them in order (my first glimpse into the ultimate universe) and i think it's great.

i messed up though, i thought i had Ultimate Marvel Team-up #1 and read it, but it was Ultimate Marvel Team-UP special edition #1, which is actually UMTU #'s 2 and 3 together, so i missed the wolvie story. other than that as far as i can tell from reading the first time, all of this seems to be in order, so way to go on putting this together.

Jred said:
Hi, i feel the need to point out some title mishaps. USM #7 is called Secret Identity on the cover and title page and not revelations.

At least, not in the comics i have anyway.

Hmmm, ok, I'll take your word for it as I only have those issues in trade form.

well hey thanks guys. i found this guide a few days ago and have been reading them in order (my first glimpse into the ultimate universe) and i think it's great.

i messed up though, i thought i had Ultimate Marvel Team-up #1 and read it, but it was Ultimate Marvel Team-UP special edition #1, which is actually UMTU #'s 2 and 3 together, so i missed the wolvie story. other than that as far as i can tell from reading the first time, all of this seems to be in order, so way to go on putting this together.

Let me know if I missed anything else. And welcome to the site.

I have to say, this is one of the greatest stories i've ever read, i'm up to X-men #2 currently. I think FF is the best so far though, although i can't wait to see Iron Man really take off. Any reason whey we gotta wait till December for IM #4?

Jred said:
I have to say, this is one of the greatest stories i've ever read, i'm up to X-men #2 currently. I think FF is the best so far though, although i can't wait to see Iron Man really take off. Any reason whey we gotta wait till December for IM #4?

Well UIM #4 is already out, it came out a few weeks ago. UIM #5 won't be out till December, mainly due to the fact that Marvel asked Card to write a sequel series (the upcoming Ultimate Iron Man 2), so he had to go back and change the ending to the first series, meaning the artist had to go back and redraw most of the issue. Hence the delay.

I think i found a possible problem. In UXM #6, when Magneto attacks washington DC he says "America dies tonight at the age of two hundred and twenty-five" which means they're in 2001, and not 2003 as per the timeline, unless he's just rounding, but he seems more like the EXACT kinda guy to me.

Plus a few pages later he says to Charles "We need to finish a fight we started in the jungle rain almost two years ago..." which is referring to UXM #26 pgs. 13-16 and per the current timeline, that was in 1999, hence 2 years from that is 2001. so i think it's possible that x-men 1-6 are in 2001 and not 2003. Food for thought, or maybe there is something i don't understand here, not sure.

and yeah DIrishB, i meant UIM 5 and not 4, sorry, but thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Jred said:
I think i found a possible problem. In UXM #6, when Magneto attacks washington DC he says "America dies tonight at the age of two hundred and twenty-five" which means they're in 2001, and not 2003 as per the timeline, unless he's just rounding, but he seems more like the EXACT kinda guy to me.

Plus a few pages later he says to Charles "We need to finish a fight we started in the jungle rain almost two years ago..." which is referring to UXM #26 pgs. 13-16 and per the current timeline, that was in 1999, hence 2 years from that is 2001. so i think it's possible that x-men 1-6 are in 2001 and not 2003. Food for thought, or maybe there is something i don't understand here, not sure.

I don't remember him saying that jungle rain thing.

It's exactly 2 pages after the other quote i made, pg 11. assuming no ads and such. i wonder if this will throw off the other UXM's. i've only read up to UMTU #10 so far so i'm not sure.

Last edited:
Jred said:

At the time he probably was meant to be referring to 2001, but for overall clarity's sake and for most other stories to fit correctly it has to be assumed he was rounding, etc. We get a concrete date in Weapon X that the program will be phased out sometime in Winter 2003. This naturally means Weapon X takes place sometime before the end of Winter 2003. At the time the story was written this was still a ways off, but as our timeline caught up to and surpassed the Ultimate timeline, we have to keep pushing stuff forward as much as possible within preset parameters (the specific year mentions within the titles themselves; another example of this is the 2004 mention in Ultimate Nightmare).

That's cool, i'm not trying to nitpick or anything, i'm just curious how you explain the 2nd quote. Where he mentions the rainforest thing and says it was "almost 2 years ago" and yet they're still in 2003. that was what confirmed they were in 2001 for me personally.

although i have yet to read UXM #7,, as that's where i'm at in your timeline

Last edited:
Jred said:
That's cool, i'm not trying to nitpick or anything, i'm just curious how you explain the 2nd quote. Where he mentions the rainforest thing and says it was "almost 2 years ago" and yet they're still in 2003. that was what confirmed they were in 2001 for me personally.

although i have yet to read UXM #7,, as that's where i'm at in your timeline

I'm pretty sure how its now positioned keeps it making sense, let me know if I'm incorrect.

So, just out of curiosity, now that we know why certain things are the way they are in the timeline officially, will you be changing your timeline around, or at least either:
a) creating another timeline or
b) addressing what "stuart" had to say..?

Mavrick889 said:
So, just out of curiosity, now that we know why certain things are the way they are in the timeline officially, will you be changing your timeline around, or at least either:
a) creating another timeline or
b) addressing what "stuart" had to say..?

As I've said time and again, that would involve ignoring or discluding certain parts of the UMTU issues. I want this to be a comprehensive timeline to include everything (including the USM video game and the upcoming Ultimates DVD movies) Ultimate, so deleting issues or ignoring them isn't an option. Its been said time and again the timeline issues will be addressed at some point in the future. I'm awaiting this to make a final decision about the early UFF issues. As it stands now, the way its ordered is the most sensical way of including all issues. If you disagree let me know why, and please not only just because someone said so. I know the editorial department gave Stuart parameters to work within in the Handbook, so I don't blame him or the team who worked on it. As he said, they researched a lot (which is obvious from most of the bios contained therein), and questioned the editors about those specific issues regarding the timeline stuff. They apparently said to just ignore the early UFF appearances in UMTU in regards to the FF bios. They also have created this mess in the first place by not watching closely enough. As I've said, we've got different people saying different things. As I said before, I'll take Millar's word on when the UFF got their powers in relation to the rest of the Ultimate heroes over the editors. I'd ask Bendis if given the chance, but considering he ignores his own continuity all the time I think the question might cause his head to explode if he thought about it too hard. And since they did write the first arc, I have to go with Millar's word. Also, its what makes the most sense including the Team-Up issues. If its addressed and we get more concrete answers then I can place the UFF issues accordingly. But given what Millar told us, and how there were multiple long-term jumps in time between and even during the UFF arcs during Ellis' run, it seems to reason they were catching up to the other titles timelines. I remember reading an interview with Ellis specifically stating that was the reason for the early arcs not to follow one right after the other. The issue is still questionable for sure, but until we're given a definitive answer in the comics themselves, as it stands is as it stands, so to speak.

By the way, I'd love Stuart to check this out and let me know what he thinks. And I'd really like to know when we can look forward to the UFF timeline screw-ups being addressed. I'm wondering if thats not what Millar was setting up with the Zombie FF. Maybe somehow before they were turned into zombies they managed to travel to the Ultimate reality inadvertently and were the ones who met Spidey...I know, its a reach, but I'm grasping at straws as to how they can explain it.

Last edited:
Pandrio said:
Yeah, I absolutely agree with DIrishB on these regards. Wait until the continuity fixs come and then change the timeline to fit them.

Thats all I'm saying. As it stands now, the way everything's placed makes the most sense. Later storylines affect placements all the time, so things change. If we get an explanation in a UFF issue at some point, then things can be adjusted with more accuracity and surety.

Something i'm curious about, you have USM super special pgs 1-28 before USM 14, but in the super special he says "a guy with metal arms goes nuts, hey i got that too..."

this is on the 21st page of content, i'm curious, when you set numbers are you counting advertisements too or just pages with comic content?

Jred said:
Something i'm curious about, you have USM super special pgs 1-28 before USM 14, but in the super special he says "a guy with metal arms goes nuts, hey i got that too..."

Yeah, that was just another goof on Bendis' part. It leads directly into how USM #14 begins, so can't see placing it any other way.

this is on the 21st page of content, i'm curious, when you set numbers are you counting advertisements too or just pages with comic content?

I'm only counting the pages of the comic itself. I don't include the advertisements as those don't affect or aren't a part of the story. Hence most of the comics only going up to page 23 or 24, if I included ads in the numbering it would be page 32 or so.

ok, i've got some more evidense on why i think at least x-men 1-12 should be in 2001. on page 13 of UXM 11 at the top Col. Wraith asks "Is there any truth to this rumor that SHIELD is phasing out over the next two years" and on the bottom some military guys says to Wraith "Yes, Weapon X will be phased out between now and winter 2003".

i am only up to UXM 11 in your timeline, but more and more it seems this stuff is in 2001 and not 2003.

again, great work so far, these are just my observations and my opinions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back