Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

Maybe they are not the actual squadron supreme, maybe are the squadron supreme from another universe. I know they mentioned meeting the the Avengers from 616, but then you could say that this Squadron Supreme met another universe version of the avengers.

You're absolutely right, no matter what Loeb thought he wrote, it simply can't be them. So it's an alternate version. Maybe not even a real version. Just a possible Squadron, a quantum possibility.

Okay so next point. I was thinking, is it possible that time works differently in the Ultimate Universe. I mean like a year could actually be the lenght of three years, so it has like 900 odd days in one year in the ultimate verse. I mean this could explain the inconsistencies in the Universe. That means like every 300 days (an actual year) is when new ultimates series happens, seeing as they are supposed to be a year after the last one. We can explain the time references on the blurb as the writers simplyfing it down for us. I mean, you need to put some though in it to happen but it could make sense. This also then explains how
Ultimate Spider-Man has only gone thorough one year (actually 900 days, could be a 1000) in school. Also i was thinking about time jumps as we. In the Hollywood arc we get a time jump to a couple of months. I think i know how to make the timeline shorter, what we could do is place that time jump after some of the arcs that followed Hollywood. So the time jump coiuld be placed after Warriors or after deadpool.

Do you know what i mean?

That would actually make much less sense. As we all know, our calendar is based on astronomy facts such as the rotation of the earth, revolutions around the sun, distance from the sun, etc. If this "Earth" becomes about 900 days then it simply will defy the laws of physics and is much, much more incredulous than a simple retcon. Having a year be extended to 900 days in what is supposed to be a more realistic depiction of a superhero universe is much harder to swallow than having an alien invasion, the Liberators and Gah Lak Tus occuring in only one year.

Last edited:
I don't think that Mainstream Marvel (Earth-616) or Army of Darkness (Earth-818793) should fit into the timeline because no characters from either universe have ever interacted with a character from the Ultimate Universe. However, I do think that the original Squadron Supreme universe (Earth-712) should be included, however it really doesn't seem possible to do so. If I recall, the roster had Nighthawk, Moonglow and Shape on it, which doesn't make any sense since Moonglow and Shape have never been on the team at the same time as Nighthawk. I MIGHT be wrong about this since I don't own everything Squadron Supreme though. I'd really like it if it made sense...

The Mainstream and AoD timelines are included because while they didn't interact with Ultimate characters, they interacted with the Marvel Zombie characters which by extension is a part of the Ultimate multi-verse. Hence their inclusion.

Maybe it's the current Squadron roster. When's the last time they appeared, Busiek's Avengers? There've probably been a lot of changes since then.

And I blame Marvel Zombies for affecting this whole timeline. When I finish mine it'll just have the stuff that takes place in the Ultimate Universe. At least at first.

When will you finish it? No one's even going to remember the Ultimate universe by the time you're done.

;)

Okay so next point. I was thinking, is it possible that time works differently in the Ultimate Universe. I mean like a year could actually be the lenght of three years, so it has like 900 odd days in one year in the ultimate verse. I mean this could explain the inconsistencies in the Universe. That means like every 300 days (an actual year) is when new ultimates series happens, seeing as they are supposed to be a year after the last one. We can explain the time references on the blurb as the writers simplyfing it down for us. I mean, you need to put some though in it to happen but it could make sense. This also then explains how
Ultimate Spider-Man has only gone thorough one year (actually 900 days, could be a 1000) in school. Also i was thinking about time jumps as we. In the Hollywood arc we get a time jump to a couple of months. I think i know how to make the timeline shorter, what we could do is place that time jump after some of the arcs that followed Hollywood. So the time jump coiuld be placed after Warriors or after deadpool.

Do you know what i mean?

You're thinking about it way too much.

That would actually make much less sense. As we all know, our calendar is based on astronomy facts such as the rotation of the earth, revolutions around the sun, distance from the sun, etc. If this "Earth" becomes about 900 days then it simply will defy the laws of physics and is much, much more incredulous than a simple retcon. Having a year be extended to 900 days in what is supposed to be a more realistic depiction of a superhero universe is much harder to swallow than having an alien invasion, the Liberators and Gah Lak Tus occuring in only one year.

Exactly.

The Mainstream and AoD timelines are included because while they didn't interact with Ultimate characters, they interacted with the Marvel Zombie characters which by extension is a part of the Ultimate multi-verse. Hence their inclusion.

Huh? You included these timelines? I don't see them...

So as far as the Supreme Power/UU time difference, there is no reason to think that they have to meet at one point. They could probably bring Fury from five years later or ten years later if they want to. Does this make sense?

Or as Loeb would have Mr. Fantastic say it: "oops while calibrating the machine, I accidentally went five years too far, oh well : (" [Emoticon included because Loeb forgot there were pictures]

Huh? You included these timelines? I don't see them...

Timeline entries...jeez, you know what I meant.

thekendon said:
So as far as the Supreme Power/UU time difference, there is no reason to think that they have to meet at one point. They could probably bring Fury from five years later or ten years later if they want to.

Basically.

Updated for USM #130. Involved a lot of breaking up the issue by page numbers to fit it chronologically with Ultimatum, UFF, and UXM. At least the continuity is holding up so far, even if the story itself isn't worth the paper its printed on. I checked and re-checked, but let me know if anything looks out of place to any of you. As it stands now, the Ultimatum timeline looks like this:

Ultimate Spider-Man #129, "Ultimatum, Part 1"
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 1-4)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 1-4)
Ultimate X-Men #98, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 1)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 5-7)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 5)
Ultimate X-Men #98, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 2-3)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 8-10)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 6-8)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 11)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 9-11)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 12-24)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 12-20)
Ultimate X-Men #98, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 4-22)
Ultimate X-Men #99, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 1-3)
Ultimatum #2, "Death Becomes Her" (pg. 1-4)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 21-22)
Ultimatum #2, "Death Becomes Her" (pg. 5-11)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #58, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 3-7)
Ultimatum #2, "Death Becomes Her" (pg. 12-25)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #58, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 9-12, 14-15, 18-22)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #59, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 3-8, 10-12, 15-22)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #60, "Ultimatum, Part 3"**
Ultimate X-Men #99, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 4-22)
Ultimate X-Men #100, "Ultimatum, Part 3"**
Ultimate Spider-Man #131, "Ultimatum, Part 3"**
Ultimate Spider-Man #132, "Ultimatum, Part 4"**
Ultimate Spider-Man #133, "Ultimatum, Part 5"**
Ultimatum #3**
Ultimatum #4**
Ultimatum #5**

wait...i thought we already established that this is the dark side.

You can't keep changing things for no reason...unless...this is a test for how to deal with Ultimate Marvel continuity...

Updated for USM #130. Involved a lot of breaking up the issue by page numbers to fit it chronologically with Ultimatum, UFF, and UXM. At least the continuity is holding up so far, even if the story itself isn't worth the paper its printed on. I checked and re-checked, but let me know if anything looks out of place to any of you. As it stands now, the Ultimatum timeline looks like this:

Ultimate Spider-Man #129, "Ultimatum, Part 1"
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 1-4)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 1-4)
Ultimate X-Men #98, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 1)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 5-7)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 5)
Ultimate X-Men #98, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 2-3)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 8-10)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 6-8)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 11)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 9-11)
Ultimatum #1, "Three Kings" (pg. 12-24)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 12-20)
Ultimate X-Men #98, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 4-22)
Ultimate X-Men #99, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 1-3)
Ultimatum #2, "Death Becomes Her" (pg. 1-4)
Ultimate Spider-Man #130, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 21-22)
Ultimatum #2, "Death Becomes Her" (pg. 5-11)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #58, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 3-7)
Ultimatum #2, "Death Becomes Her" (pg. 12-25)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #58, "Ultimatum, Part 1" (pg. 9-12, 14-15, 18-22)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #59, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 3-8, 10-12, 15-22)
Ultimate Fantastic Four #60, "Ultimatum, Part 3"**
Ultimate X-Men #99, "Ultimatum, Part 2" (pg. 4-22)
Ultimate X-Men #100, "Ultimatum, Part 3"**
Ultimate Spider-Man #131, "Ultimatum, Part 3"**
Ultimate Spider-Man #132, "Ultimatum, Part 4"**
Ultimate Spider-Man #133, "Ultimatum, Part 5"**
Ultimatum #3**
Ultimatum #4**
Ultimatum #5**
Me think Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimatum sucks.

While i think there is potential for Ultimatum to not completely suck i agree with the second half of the post.

Any potential Ultimatum had for not sucking went out the window as soon as Loeb decided to write it. He's like a black hole, sucking out whatever goodness was left in the comic line, and Ultimatum is the event horizon. There's no going back, now, so they're just starting over...sort of.

are we referring to ultimatum the event or the limited series? the limited does suck, but the spider-man arc has been enjoyable and i liked the fantastic four arc. heck, even the x-men arc didn't suck as much as the previous two arcs in that series.

are we referring to ultimatum the event or the limited series? the limited does suck, but the spider-man arc has been enjoyable and i liked the fantastic four arc. heck, even the x-men arc didn't suck as much as the previous two arcs in that series.

The limited series (and the UXM and to some degree the UFF arcs). USM (the current and past few arcs) have all been nice, fun, and exciting reads. Its definitely regained the momentum it had been lacking since...oh, around issue #40.

Ultimatum (the limited, #1-5) is nothing more than a spit in the face of everything the Ultimate universe started out as. Its like the era of mid-90's comics suddenly invaded my Ultimate universe...and I don't like that, not one bit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back