Ultimate MMORPG

So I think the best thing to do would be to figure out how we're going to approach this, offer a list of ALL Ultimate characters before people start making up their own characters. This way we'll know what to expect from the character we choose. We should also list their power ratings (attack, defense, damage, speed, and any other applicable poeple can think of, maybe a special turn or power based on their super-powers).

DIrishB said:
So I think the best thing to do would be to figure out how we're going to approach this, offer a list of ALL Ultimate characters before people start making up their own characters. This way we'll know what to expect from the character we choose. We should also list their power ratings (attack, defense, damage, speed, and any other applicable poeple can think of, maybe a special turn or power based on their super-powers).

Uh, why? What's the point of doing all of this if there's no one to program or design it?

ProjectX2 said:
Uh, why? What's the point of doing all of this if there's no one to program or design it?

True, but we don't need a complex design or anything. I'm just throwing out ideas Proj, leave it at that. We don't need u shooting it down so quickly, it could work, seen it work in other forums before.

Basically all we'd need is a program to simulate random dice tosses to figure out the effects of the values, and set up some rules otherwise. I'm interested in the idea anyway, think it could be cool and actually work.

so Ultxon, Ice, what were your ideas concerning this? If you're interested I'd be willing to help set it up. I think we need to start with a list of Ultimate characters (super-heroes really, don't think there's any point in including regular people since its a super-hero based game). So I guess we could start with the list, then I'll start making power/ability lists for them, stats, etc, and then people can choose their character.

DIrishB said:
so Ultxon, Ice, what were your ideas concerning this? If you're interested I'd be willing to help set it up. I think we need to start with a list of Ultimate characters (super-heroes really, don't think there's any point in including regular people since its a super-hero based game). So I guess we could start with the list, then I'll start making power/ability lists for them, stats, etc, and then people can choose their character.
Well, like I said to Ultxon, it'd be good to also have the villains playable, too of course, cuz that'll make things more interesting.

Also, like I've mentioned before, is it possible to have also characters that you can create? For the abilities, once we solve it, it shouldn't be a problem, because if someone say, goes with wanting strength for the character like maybe Juggernaut for example, than its speed and all that would be slow. Is that clear? I hope its clear... :?

icemastertron said:
Well, like I said to Ultxon, it'd be good to also have the villains playable, too of course, cuz that'll make things more interesting.

Oh definitly, I should have said super-heroes and villains. I'm just saying normal humans shouldn't be included becuase they have no powers. But villains definitly NEED to be included. After all, otherwise the heroes would always fight each other.

Also, like I've mentioned before, is it possible to have also characters that you can create? For the abilities, once we solve it, it shouldn't be a problem, because if someone say, goes with wanting strength for the character like maybe Juggernaut for example, than its speed and all that would be slow. Is that clear? I hope its clear... :?

Yeah I know what you mean, I don't really care, just personally prefer the Ultimate characters, but original ones is cool. I'm just saying we should set up some rules, like most importantly, how is it going to be played? A text version obviously, but following the guidelines of the Hurt/Heal game some, or something different? I really think incorporating the HC stats into the game would be the best way to go, as it will even out some of the different power levels among the characters.

Well, im not sure, as this was really just Ultxon's idea that we were talking for a good while about.

But yeah, regular humans as playable is of course a no-go. I think Ultxon would agree.

icemastertron said:
Well, im not sure, as this was really just Ultxon's idea that we were talking for a good while about.

But yeah, regular humans as playable is of course a no-go. I think Ultxon would agree.

I'll take Nightcrawler or Quicksilver. Since Ultimate Quicksilver would want Quicksilver I'll take NC :rockon:

icemastertron said:

Yeah, I'm just not familiar with how these are played, otherwise I'd have more to offer. Like I said I can help with the powers/stats, as HC has done a generally good job of translating the super-powers into numbers/abilities. But I'm not sure about how to go about each person taking turns, doing random stuff (like dice rolls, need a special program I guess), etc.

Wow, I'm glad this took hold. This started as Ice and I trying to fine the cure for boredeom. Anyway, thanks for taking the inititive on this, Db. And I would fully approve of doing this. Originally I so this as more Final Fantasy 11 geek thoughts, that's why I didn't want vplayable villains[ so we could have someone to battle reguarly. But going down the route it is, I would say go for the villains. i'll do my best to help in any fashion.

By the way, How about each person bes a villain and a hero. Just a random thought, may or may not work. By the way, if I'm a villain, I want Norman and hero wise I would want to be Mr. Fantastic.

Hero: Ultimate Thor.
Villain: Ultimate Magneto.

Hero: Captain Mahr Vehl
Villian: Namor (If he's a villian. If not. . .I'll pick someone else)

Hmmmm, this thread actually helps me a great deal.You see for my final project in University, I am designing a text-based MMPORPG....keep throwing out ideas and ways of doing things guys...and I am writing them down!!!

Latest posts

Back