Ultimate MMORPG

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Hmmmm, this thread actually helps me a great deal.You see for my final project in University, I am designing a text-based MMPORPG....keep throwing out ideas and ways of doing things guys...and I am writing them down!!!

awesome, how about you give us some pointers on how to set this up and we'll start throwing out more ideas? deal?

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Hmmmm, this thread actually helps me a great deal.You see for my final project in University, I am designing a text-based MMPORPG....keep throwing out ideas and ways of doing things guys...and I am writing them down!!!

Go play some MUD games then... :?

ProjectX2

DIrishB said:
Proj is apparently really against this idea working... :(

No, it's just it sounds like you actually want this to be some kind of online multiplayer game and I don't know how you're going to do this...

I thought we were just going to share ideas of a UU MMORPG, not try and make one... :?

ProjectX2

And a text-based MMORPG is practically a MUD game. :roll:

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
ProjectX2 said:
No, it's just it sounds like you actually want this to be some kind of online multiplayer game and I don't know how you're going to do this...

I thought we were just going to share ideas of a UU MMORPG, not try and make one... :?

Technically it CAN'T be a true MMORPG, as I don't think any of us are prolific enough to program something of that magnitude, nor willing to do it without being paid. However, we can make a text based RPG (so it technically won't be MASSIVE Multiplayer...how about Moderately Decent Amount...MDAORPG?)

That was why I suggested using Heroclix dials for the character stats, and a random dice generator, and we'd just about be good to go once we set some rules.

ProjectX2

Then call it a MUD. Can't remember what it stands for, but I know it's practically the text version of a MMORPG.

Latest posts