Ultimate Moments

Grocer Man

The Ultimate Universe isn't what it used to be.

I'm not going so far as to say it's over...but there's definately been a change. The good old days of Captain America violently insisting he's not from France and Spider-Man imagining Jean Grey shirtless have given way to the days of Magnetock and Ultimate Iron Man.

But let's not criticize these new changes to the Ultimate Universe. That's been done enough in other threads anyway.

Instead, let's remember those great moments from the Ultimate Universe over the years.

That is what this thread is for. Discuss at leisure.

(I'm going to be an old man on the porch before I know it.)

Last edited:
Harry Osborn going in the goblin layer I loved for the masks of other versions of green goblin's from movie to 616

That spread from the Legacy arc in USM where we get a look into the Goblin's mind.

Spidey's fight with Kingpin in Learning Curve and the insults that ensued.

Colossus crushing Proteus with a car.

The Hulk's rampage in both Ultimates 1 #5 and Ultimates 1 #13.

The entire Defenders issue of Ultimates 2.

Apocalypse telling Sinister to choke himself.

Hank's abuse of Janet and his subsequent *** whooping by Cap.

Ultimate Jarvis.

Hawkeye killing people with his fingernails.

There's more, but that's enough for now.

Cap vs. Colonel

Osborn shooting up with Oz

Spidey vs. Osborn in Legacy

Osborn's hallucinations

The picnic video from USM venom arc

Kingpin unmasking Spidey

Spidey getting even with Kingpin

Cap storming the fortress in Ultimates

Cap waking up for the ice

Just to name a few

The Ultimates #5 and The Ultimates 2 #5 - pretty much the best Ultimate moments.

(I'm going to be an old man on the porch before I know it.)

And you'll be playing hip hop.

Think about that.

Retirement homes in 50 years... will be playing RAP. HIP HOP. DRUM AND BASS.

THINK ABOUT IT.

The Ultimates #5 and The Ultimates 2 #5 - pretty much the best Ultimate moments.

Think about that.

THINK ABOUT IT.

But. . . what will those young whippersnappers be listening to then?

Maybe...just maybe, Ultimates 3 #5 could actually not be dumpster-sludge terrible...

...But it probably will be. That'd be a hell of a turn-around in only 4 more issues.

Think about that.

THINK ABOUT IT.

I thought about it. My response: Eh.

Devo and Abba. Trust me, I have a time machine. Its terrible. Do yourself a favor: die young.

Last edited:
Surely you don't have a time machine.

You have a room filled with strings that perfectly recreate time and by simple extrapolation, work out what the future holds.

Surely you don't have a time machine.

You have a room filled with strings that perfectly recreate time and by simple extrapolation, work out what the future holds.

Nah...the DeLorean makes picking up chicks easier...especially chicks from the future. Sometimes I'll even dip into the past, though that takes a lot of timeline work to make sure I don't sleep with any of my female ancestors. I really don't give a crap about screwing up anyone else's timelines. What can I say, I'm a time-traveling gigolo.

By the way, your great-great-great grandmother was a hottie. And there's a large chance you are my great-great-great grandson.

Last edited:
Ultimates 5
(Hulk ripping off IM's mask, Thor/Hulk page, Cap's junk shot)

Ultimates 12/13
(Banner being 'delivered', Kleiser being eaten)

Ultimates 2 #5
(Natasha's 'baby', Thor's 'defeat' page...put it next to Thor/Hulk, above!)

Ultimates 2 #10
(FINGERNAILS, Abomination)

Ultimates 2, #12
("Darth Maul needs his light sabre back, mother ####er", Hulk's shield throw followed by Cap yelling "Hands off!"..hahahaha - good one, Cap!)

USM - Legacy arc... I used to have the original issue where Gwen was thrown off of the bridge - revisiting it gave me chills

USM - Try reading 'Warriors', followed by the second annual, followed by 'Ultimate Knights' - what a great read!

USM - right now!

UXM - Issue 1 - my favourite 'issue 1' in the Ultimate U - awesome!

UXM - Magnetic North - a writer with a coherent, long -term plan - individual issues are entertaining on their own merit, while contributing to a 'greater' whole.

UXM - I liked Cable being future Wolvie (really!)

UXM - the last page of the last issue (#88 )

UFF - Millar's entire, fantastic run. Original, but still evoking FF from 30 years ago for me (His run was to the original FF as Kirkman's 'Invincible' is to Amazing Spider-man... its hard to re-create an 8-year old's enjoyment of those titles when he is a 38-year old reading new titles, but that's what they are/were like - for me)

UWvsH - Say what you will - I enjoyed every aspect of the (first? only?) two issues

Ultimate Nightmare, issue 5 - a creepy, promising high point in this trilogy

...off the top of my head! :)

Last edited:
USM - Try reading 'Warriors', followed by the second annual, followed by 'Ultimate Knights' - what a great read!
:sure:
Ultimate Nightmare, issue 5 - a creepy, promising high point in this trilogy

...off the top of my head! :)

Oh yeah Nightmare was great, Cap vs Red Guardian was great.

Pretty much Cap vs anyone

I loved in Ultimates Vol. 2 when they're trying to pump the Hulk up, so Cap is like "Hey Hulk, those aliens over there just called you a sissy boy" and Hulk is like "What? Hulk no sissy boy! HULK STRAIGHT!!!!" and he just goes on a ****ing rampage and mauls the Chitauri ships.

USM 13. Pretty much the whole thing.

Cap handing Hank's a** to him, WHILE HANK WAS GIANT.

Ben's arc in President Thor from UFF.

Peter overcome with the Venom suit.

The Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil interaction in Blockbuster.

Mr.Sinister.

The Hulk vs the Ultimates

Wolverine stabbing Magneto in the back.

Latest posts

Back