Ultimate Moon Knight (Speculation)

The Captain said:
I take it that you arent really in tune with the character...without that aspect its like having spidey without the webs....and i dont know if magic is the proper term....its more supernatural than anything...but if magic is what you view it as then so be it.

You'd be right, I'm not familiar with Moon Knight, but I do think that the supernatural/magic should be thrown out the window. The Doctor Strange bit didn't pan out well.

Goodwill said:
You'd be right, I'm not familiar with Moon Knight, but I do think that the supernatural/magic should be thrown out the window. The Doctor Strange bit didn't pan out well.

I suppose, but i really think he should have a really mysterious edge to him... Like appearing out of the mist and stuff, so people think he has magical powers...

Now that I have been enlightened by other members telling me that Moon Knight has carried over his 616 trait of being crazy and schizo, I'm going on the record saying that he's probably going to be one of my least favorite characters. And USM does not need bad characters right now. I mean "Crazy" can go two ways when it involves a good guy. He's either funny crazy or annoying crazy. Personality when I look and hear about Moon Knight I don't want either. I want a serious character. Many of us have assumed he's going to take up the mantle of showing Peter the ropes and teach him how to be a serious hero and we'd lose the whiney, annoying, and wuss Spider-Man. How is this gonna happen if Moon Knight comes off as slapstick? Get what I'm saying here?

king of speculation

TheManWithoutFear said:
Now that I have been enlightened by other members telling me that Moon Knight has carried over his 616 trait of being crazy and schizo, I'm going on the record saying that he's probably going to be one of my least favorite characters. And USM does not need bad characters right now. I mean "Crazy" can go two ways when it involves a good guy. He's either funny crazy or annoying crazy. Personality when I look and hear about Moon Knight I don't want either. I want a serious character. Many of us have assumed he's going to take up the mantle of showing Peter the ropes and teach him how to be a serious hero and we'd lose the whiney, annoying, and wuss Spider-Man. How is this gonna happen if Moon Knight comes off as slapstick? Get what I'm saying here?

The guy says one line and you write him off already?? NONE of the characters in the Ult universe can be taken seriously outside of green goblin and the kingpin in my opinion..as the stories are made around a universal theme way before the arc has been finished, bendis has been doing this since hollywood and has admitted it since the carnage arc has taken place.
The only characters that will help peter the most are probably, mj, aunt may, nick fury and most notably, the police captain. Moon knight and spider-man will play off each others weaknesses...and for spidey, moon knight may be a reminder that his life could be worse.. if you want a serious leader hero to show up, you are going to have to wait for the rest of the "warriors" or perhaps another arc with daredevil...

Rumors have it that the deadpool/silver sable arc will be violent, (because we all know the more violent a story is, the more series its supposed to be) as well as the blade/morbius.

Last edited:
to remain in contact with the common man he also created the identity of taxicab driver Jake Lockley. Resuming his activities as Moon Knight, he battled a number of criminals and supervillains of a bizarre and mystical nature. However, the stress of maintaining four separate identities began to take its toll on his psyche. Marlene convinced him to retire the Grant and Lockley aliases, to sell the statue of Khonshu, and to retire as Moon Knight.

Source: Moon Knight

phases of the moon

Goodwill said:
That would be cool... To have a character lurk in and out of the shadows. I would totally buy into that.

if you havent seen already, you will probably get your wish, as it looks like they will stay away from the magic/supernatural stuff and save it for his backstory(origin).

The Captain said:
if you havent seen already, you will probably get your wish, as it looks like they will stay away from the magic/supernatural stuff and save it for his backstory(origin).

Hold up.... Moon Knight disappears for some reason? The Moon is full in the first issue but during the rest of the arc will change phases.... Anyone getting what I'm on about?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hold up.... Moon Knight disappears for some reason? The Moon is full in the first issue but during the rest of the arc will change phases.... Anyone getting what I'm on about?

when the fight breaks out he is supposedly gone....i get what you are talking about with the phases, thats a cool thought, but i dont know if bendis would have considered something that deep. otherwise the moon being full is just to exploit moon knights character....

its weird how the solicitations dont mention moon knight after issue 80..rather sad, maybe i guess cause of the choice between the lesser of 2 evils between hammerhead/silvermane/black cat and kingpin, elektra, etc.

Latest posts

Back