Ultimate Nightmare #5 discussion (spoilers)

His powers from 616 are density control, energy beams from eyes , flight and superstrength. :D

jtg3885 said:
I really liked Ultimate Vision. I can't wait to see him put back together, although being giant like that would make a Vision/Scarlet Witch romantic aspect a little awkward.

Wasn't the Vision/Scarlet Witch relationship awkward to begin with. It was a good issue. I'd like to see Falcon and Vision in Ultimate Vol. 3 if that ever appears (though Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver are still in the background now). Yes, the X-Men are morons, and this isn't the first time they've gone in something head first without a plan.

I couldnt wait till saturday and read the spoilers :eek:

But now....I CANT WAIT. It sounds great. ULTIMATE VISION!!!

Did no one notice the mention of the Watchers? Obviously, the alien races' pronounciation of Gah Lak Tus was the Watcher's race.

It certainly is worrying, and... eeg. I'm scared. :panic: :scared:

DIrishB said:
Wow, didn't even think about it, but in the Ultimate universe, Russia's super-soldiers obtained all their powers from Ultimate Vision. Thats kinda heady. Well, I mean his skin is RED, so maybe symbolically it makes sense.

Which makes you wonder - just where did Cap's Super Soldier serum come from? Or mutants? And who knew about Vision?

The plot thickens...

God, Falcon taking down Colossus was great, Cap versus Comrade Cap was brilliant, and man, I laughed my *** off at Wolverine's fate in the book.

Question - I remember Ellis saying he was ultimatizing loads of Russian Marvel characters - I was wondering, who was ultimatized in Nightmare (other than Falcon, Vision, the Watchers, and Galactus, obviously).

Bass said:
Question - I remember Ellis saying he was ultimatizing loads of Russian Marvel characters - I was wondering, who was ultimatized in Nightmare (other than Falcon, Vision, the Watchers, and Galactus, obviously).

Crimson Dynamo, Unicorn...

Huh? Really? Was that juggernaut-like guy supposed to be Crimson Dynamo? And the horn guy is Unicorn? Who the hell is Unicorn? I've never heard of him. What about that big hand guy that seems nice, picks up Colossus and then talks about intestines?

icemastertron said:
I *think* I read a post saying that Unicorn was an old Iron Man villain.

True. Also I really liked how the X-Men were in there and realized they shouldn't be so they bolted. Them "getting taken down so easily" didn't bother me at all. What Falcon did to Colossus was logical, and the fact that the ultimates can handle kids like that is understandable. I know Wolverine isn't a kid but he wasn't ready to kill anyone and go full WeaponX soldier on anyones ***... so him getting beat because he wasn't giving his all, I bought easily.

Yeah. See, this is a team book, and we come out talking about how each character on each team was properly handled.

Compare this to various other team books where dialgoue and characterization can be interchanged amongst all the bland heroes.

Ellis is very good at his job.

Awesome

I, for one, loved issue 5. I like the down to earth gritty realism of the Ultimates series. This was so gritty it was in the mud.

Now I feel like a teenager looking forward to his prom date with the hottest cheerleader for Ultimate Secret!

PEACE!

Leather

Am I the only one who thinks that falcon taking out colossus is ridiculous. I mean this is a guy that took out Iron Man, Thor, and Magneto. His skin has also been shown to be able stand up to wolverine's adamantium claws and scott's optic blasts. I mean I understand that his eyes would be his most vulnerable point, but the 616 colossus's eyes could withstand being shot by a .45 caliber bullet. Even if his eyes weren't bullet proof his eye lids should be at least and even if they weren't bullet proof they should at least be able to withstand an eye gouging. I know falcon says "...if your eyes really turn to metal...how do you see...?" My response is that his powers do more than his body to organic steel, it changes his physiology. As seen when he rescued a russian submarine and didn't need to breath when he was in his steel form. I would have liked to see Falcon say something like "I wonder if those eye's of yours are bullet proof" and have Falcon shoot him in the eye and have it not even phase him. So then Falcon tries to fly away and colossus grabs his wings and tears them off and pins him. Also, on a side note I thought it was a bit ridiculous that Nick Fury was able to hit wolverine over the head with his rifle. I mean how bad a fighter is he?

MaxwellSmart said:
Am I the only one who thinks that falcon taking out colossus is ridiculous. I mean this is a guy that took out Iron Man, Thor, and Magneto. His skin has also been shown to be able stand up to wolverine's adamantium claws and scott's optic blasts. I mean I understand that his eyes would be his most vulnerable point, but the 616 colossus's eyes could withstand being shot by a .45 caliber bullet. Even if his eyes weren't bullet proof his eye lids should be at least and even if they weren't bullet proof they should at least be able to withstand an eye gouging. I know falcon says "...if your eyes really turn to metal...how do you see...?" My response is that his powers do more than his body to organic steel, it changes his physiology. As seen when he rescued a russian submarine and didn't need to breath when he was in his steel form. I would have liked to see Falcon say something like "I wonder if those eye's of yours are bullet proof" and have Falcon shoot him in the eye and have it not even phase him. So then Falcon tries to fly away and colossus grabs his wings and tears them off and pins him. Also, on a side note I thought it was a bit ridiculous that Nick Fury was able to hit wolverine over the head with his rifle. I mean how bad a fighter is he?

I would agree but I have not read the issue.

MaxwellSmart said:
I agreee too. I thought that was soo stupid. How the hell was Falcon able to poke Colossus's eyes?! Ans Colossus doing NOTHING when he had a gun on him? COME ON! Bullets fly off of him. That was bad on Ellis's part.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I really didn't see a problem with how the X-Men were handled.
Oh come on. You really think that Colossus should've been taken down that easy? NO WAY! He should've gotten up from the floor when Falcon had the gun to him. Then he should've punched him into the ground.

Ha Ha! The X men were supremely punked. If thats how tough they really are, they better hope they never cross paths with Ultimate Power Pack :lol:

Look out Wolvie, here comes Ultimate Aunt May, one shot from her hand bag and your going down :lol:

icemastertron said:
Oh come on. You really think that Colossus should've been taken down that easy? NO WAY! He should've gotten up from the floor when Falcon had the gun to him. Then he should've punched him into the ground.

I see most of you are fans of the heroes fight heroes scenerio. Like I said, both teams knew neither were the bad guys... so no one was out for blood. It was really probably an awkward situation.

Latest posts

Back