Ultimate Omega Red

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, I saw this earlier. I dunno It's been a while since I saw Omega Red but is there really that much of a change?

Well, no..... that was the whole point of my above post.

A costume variation and organic tentacles. Oh and a goatee of course. Cos goatees make you badaaaaaas. Apparently.

Spade said:
haha i havent read anything since ROTK

Ah ok.... well, it's not been stated outright, but there are LOADS of little hints dropped here and there. It's pretty much agreed upon that he's gay.

Ok, Ultimate Colossus stuff has another thread where all your questions are answered, so you don't need to resurrect it again. No more of that in here please.

As for Omega Red....Looks like crap to me. Completely the same but organic. He sould have been either an X-men or an Ultimates villain, or perhaps have come out of Tunguska. Not Spidey. No.

I'm kind of with Cad on this one. Unimpressive.

I would tend to agree that if he's an X-villain, he should be in UXM. But I'm willing to give Bendis the benefit of the doubt and see what he has in mind.

Unfortunately, Organic tentacles suggests symbiote to me.

An idea, I quite honestly think sucks.

I'm unimpressed BUT it is just a sketch and its not too fair to judge him completely.

As for the merits of ultimising Omega Red in USM... Omega Red in 616 was created by the KGB in response to the super soldier serum. Considering how everything in the UU is somehow linked to that damn super soldier serum, I would hope Omega Red is part of the conspiracy. As mentioned, it made perfect sense for him to be in Nightmare, and to appear in the Ultimates. Ironically, with Osborne and Spidey's tie to the super soldier serum, Ultimate Omega Red may make more sense in USM than UXM - his only connection to the X-Men is his connection with Wolverine - that Wolverine was sent to kill him decades ago and failed.

It's around here that I sum up my point of my post. I forget what that was.

Bass said:
I'm unimpressed BUT it is just a sketch and its not too fair to judge him completely.

As for the merits of ultimising Omega Red in USM... Omega Red in 616 was created by the KGB in response to the super soldier serum. Considering how everything in the UU is somehow linked to that damn super soldier serum, I would hope Omega Red is part of the conspiracy. As mentioned, it made perfect sense for him to be in Nightmare, and to appear in the Ultimates. Ironically, with Osborne and Spidey's tie to the super soldier serum, Ultimate Omega Red may make more sense in USM than UXM - his only connection to the X-Men is his connection with Wolverine - that Wolverine was sent to kill him decades ago and failed.

It's around here that I sum up my point of my post. I forget what that was.

Maybe he's what the soviets cooked up after stealing Richard Parker's files, and killing him?

Yes, because Bendis needs to focus on the "cure for cancer" bollocks he came up with.

God, I'm an *******. :(

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not for UOR in USM at all either. Bendis.. I dunno he's an ultimizing nazi and he's not even as good as Vaughan is at it.

I completely agree with that statement. But I'll wait to see how the arc turns out before passing FINAL JUDGEMENT. ;)

I'm not that impressed with the Ultimate version of Omega Red, I almost prefer the old 616 version over that sketch, but like Bass said its probably a somewhat preliminary sketch so he could end up looking different. I'm a tad worried over the Omega tattoo on his forehead. But oh well, we'll see. I'm thinking it definitly has something to do with the Super-Soldier serum, and Red's just one of Roxxon's secret projects, much as apparently Electro and Sandman were for Hammer Industries.

MarvelWarrior said:
I'd much rather see Scorpion or Mysterio.

Bendis/Bagley isn't leaving any time soon. :D

Latest posts

Back