Ultimate Omega Red

MarvelWarrior said:
I'd much rather see Scorpion or Mysterio.

I agree, but we're supposed to be getting Ultimate versions of them eventually (and yes, besides the 616 Mysterio look-a-like in the Hollywood arc). I'm dying to see Ultimate Scorpion though. Originally he was rumored to be showing up around issue #100, but now that doesnt seem to be the case.

MarvelWarrior said:
I'd much rather see Scorpion or Mysterio.
What he said.

Ultimate Gambit said:
I like this Omega Red better than the 616 one...
.... We're talkin about the look of the character? What else is different besides a goatee and organic tentacles? I mean how can you say you like one more than the other at this point?

DIRISHB said:
But oh well, we'll see. I'm thinking it definitly has something to do with the Super-Soldier serum, and Red's just one of Roxxon's secret projects, much as apparently Electro and Sandman were for Hammer Industries.
Agreed. Everyone's got their hands in the far.

He kinda reminds me of something out of dragon ball z........ Nappa with hair :p
I don't mind the omega on top of his head as long as its a tattoo like sinister
But i hope he looks a bit better when the finished product comes out

Shihad said:
He kinda reminds me of something out of dragon ball z........ Nappa with hair :p
I don't mind the omega on top of his head as long as its a tattoo like sinister
But i hope he looks a bit better when the finished product comes out

Yeah, a bit more refinement and revision would do wonders...I'm not liking Omega Red too much as he is now, but I could live with it.

From this sketch I would say that he's going to be a thug. Omega Red was never that unique of a character. I'm mostly worried about what he's going to do with Ultimate Deadpool.

Dude, IT's OMEGA RED! THat's AWESOME! I CAN'T WAIT![/fanboy]

Alrighty then, ummm, I think Momega Red sucked anyways, all he did was yell at Wolvie, and throw people around with his tentecles.

Not to exciting, and just a little erotic.

I want to see Magick, I liked Magick, she was hot.

Original Omega Red was...ok. That was all, he had good points and a few sucky ones.

This is probably the most skeptical I've been about a character being introduced. It's simple - Omega Red does not belong in Spider-Man. Not only does he look like he doesn't fit with the web-slinger, but there are more characters that are being ignored that do. For instance, whatever happened to Morbius? Mysterio? Vulture? I don't know, I'm sure Bendis has a reason as to why Omega is showing up (Since he's playing up this 'why?!' deal too much... Seriously), but right now I'm at a loss. We'll see.

As far as appearance goes, he looks ok, but there isn't a radical change to his costume. I would have liked to see something totally new and, dare I say, innovative. Bagley is my favorite artist, but sometimes he sells himself short, this being an example.

Caduceus said:
Original Omega Red was...ok. That was all, he had good points and a few sucky ones.

Thats a lot like how I view Bill O'Reilly (pervert).

TheManWithoutFear said:
Forgot about that. Er, wait Doesn't UDP come after this arc?

Supposedly, either Deadpool or Reavers. Its possible they could be in same arc, or one could be in USM #91-95, and one in #96-99...something like that.

Goodwill said:
Goodwill This is probably the most skeptical I've been about a character being introduced. It's simple - Omega Red does not belong in Spider-Man. Not only does he look like he doesn't fit with the web-slinger, but there are more characters that are being ignored that do. For instance, whatever happened to Morbius? Mysterio? Vulture? I don't know, I'm sure Bendis has a reason as to why Omega is showing up (Since he's playing up this 'why?!' deal too much... Seriously), but right now I'm at a loss. We'll see.

As far as appearance goes, he looks ok, but there isn't a radical change to his costume. I would have liked to see something totally new and, dare I say, innovative. Bagley is my favorite artist, but sometimes he sells himself short, this being an example.

You read my mind, Goody, like a freaking telepath, especially about the reasoning for Red's appearing in USM and his Ultimate costume.

Remember what Bendis said in a recent Newsarama interview -- the arc with Silver Sable & Omega Red arc takes place while Peter is dating Kitty and she'll be a player in the title at the time. So Omega Red might actually be introduced as more of a X-Men villain, only appearing first in USM.

(http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/UltWeek/images/USM/UltBendis02.html):

BB: "Warriors" was so much fun to do, and Bagley is having such a great time on it too. Right after that arc, that's when Kitty Pryde, Peter's new girlfriend for those who didn't pick up the Annual, comes into the book as a supporting player. In that storyline, we introduce Silver Sable, who's also in the videogame that's coming out around the same time as that arc. So we have Silver Sable, as well as a couple of fun, new Ultimate characters popping up – Omega Red is one that's already been announced, and he's showing up to get his *** kicked.

14rdb said:
Remember what Bendis said in a recent Newsarama interview -- the arc with Silver Sable & Omega Red arc takes place while Peter is dating Kitty and she'll be a player in the title at the time. So Omega Red might actually be introduced as more of a X-Men villain, only appearing first in USM.

(http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/UltWeek/images/USM/UltBendis02.html):

BB: "Warriors" was so much fun to do, and Bagley is having such a great time on it too. Right after that arc, that's when Kitty Pryde, Peter's new girlfriend for those who didn't pick up the Annual, comes into the book as a supporting player. In that storyline, we introduce Silver Sable, who's also in the videogame that's coming out around the same time as that arc. So we have Silver Sable, as well as a couple of fun, new Ultimate characters popping up – Omega Red is one that's already been announced, and he's showing up to get his *** kicked.

Awesome, very good news to get confirmation Kitty will be appearing in USM regularly, looking forward to that.

You shouldn't have posted that, because that just confirms that what I thought would happen to Omega Red is, indeed, going to happen to him. He's going to be the vehicle Bendis is going to use to introduce Shadowcat into the title and throw him away because he accomplished what he wanted to. Like, it's awesome Kitty is going to be a recurring character in USM, I do support that idea, but to what expense? We're tossing out a really cool X-Men villain for that? I don't want to see her that much...

Goodwill said:
You shouldn't have posted that, because that just confirms that what I thought would happen to Omega Red is, indeed, going to happen to him. He's going to be the vehicle Bendis is going to use to introduce Shadowcat into the title and throw him away because he accomplished what he wanted to. Like, it's awesome Kitty is going to be a recurring character in USM, I do support that idea, but to what expense? We're tossing out a really cool X-Men villain for that? I don't want to see her that much...

Not necessarily "tossing out" Omega Red, he's just being introduced here. Its not like we're probably never going to see him again. And I'm sure next time he shows up will be in UXM (or Ultimate Wolverine, as he'll probably have his own title by that time). ;)

I know what you're saying though, and agree in some ways, but I like this fact for the sheer reason of it tying the continuity a bit closer together (and even though thats supposed to be totally the opposite of the point of the Ultimate Universe, I for one like that).

DIrishB said:
Not necessarily "tossing out" Omega Red, he's just being introduced here. Its not like we're probably never going to see him again. And I'm sure next time he shows up will be in UXM (or Ultimate Wolverine, as he'll probably have his own title by that time). ;)

I know what you're saying though, and agree in some ways, but I like this fact for the sheer reason of it tying the continuity a bit closer together (and even though thats supposed to be totally the opposite of the point of the Ultimate Universe, I for one like that).

I can see what you're saying, and I agree that he'll probably see him again, but you know what they say about first impressions. If his first appearance doesn't make much of a mark, the character will go to ****. I'm just worried that another cool character will be spoiled at the hands of Bendis. Look what happened to Kraven.

Goodwill said:
I can see what you're saying, and I agree that he'll probably see him again, but you know what they say about first impressions. If his first appearance doesn't make much of a mark, the character will go to ****. I'm just worried that another cool character will be spoiled at the hands of Bendis. Look what happened to Kraven.

True...but at least he made Kingpin cool...sort of. And I must admit I like both Ultimate Doc Ock and Green Goblin better, though 616 Goblin is definitly a much more classic villain. Its just his costume and persona are too much of a Joker rip-off, so it was nice to see the Ultimate version go in a new direction.

Latest posts

Back