Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Which Side Are You On?

No Cop out answers either. You are either for this crossover or 100% against it. No Bass Option and No "Well, maybe it will be all right" Save those options for when it's released and we can safely admit we were wrong.

Ultimate Power... Is it a positive or a negative?

Re: Ultimate Power. Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever.

I'm saying Yes.

Now, I have not read Supreme Power or Squadron Supreme, but from what people say about what the universe is, it fits good as a crossover with the Ultimate Universe. It's not changing anything about the Universes, just some characters that will be left behind (which character(s) and which world(s) is unknown, of course). And that actually seems like it will help freshen up the universe(s) with other characters having to live in them and adjust to VERY new things for their lives.

Now, am I saying this is going to be a success? No. I can't tell the future. If I could, I'd be filthy rich wining lotto. But that doesn't mean I'm up for the idea. Everything has their risks. We just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Three years ago, I would've said yes.

Now, in the advent of all the ****e, I'm saying no. I've lost all faith, and I will actually be surprised if it's good.

Three straight years of ****ty stories from everyone concerned with this title, has used up my good graces.

Only JMS has done anything I've remotely enjoyed in that time, and considering how far he seems to have fallen in the last year, this bodes not well for me at all.

I'd hope to enjoy this comic, but I'm not even sure I'll pick it up.

I say it'll be good. Supreme Power is basically Ultimate Squadron Supreme, and since the UU has already done a crossover with two universes (N-Zone and Zombieverse), I have no problem with it.

Plus, it keeps us away from the dreaded 616/UU crossover.

I'll get it, but i think it will be crap and could end up ruining the Ultimate Universe, theres so many stories that could be told..... but they decided to go for a crossover with the squadron supreme......
The Squadron Supreme universe is like hardcore, Ultimate Spider-man would get killed by any member on the Squadron Supreme team

I think that Squadron Supreme and Ultimate Titles were doing all right, without having a crossover!

Bass said:
Three years ago, I would've said yes.

Now, in the advent of all the ****e, I'm saying no. I've lost all faith, and I will actually be surprised if it's good.

Three straight years of ****ty stories from everyone concerned with this title, has used up my good graces.

Only JMS has done anything I've remotely enjoyed in that time, and considering how far he seems to have fallen in the last year, this bodes not well for me at all.

I'd hope to enjoy this comic, but I'm not even sure I'll pick it up.

Bass, the only reason you seem to not like JMS is because of his work with well established characters like Spider-Man or Fantastic Four. Yet you like Babylon 5, which JMS created.
Squadron Supreme is also JMS created. He's not writing characters created by someone else, he's creating entirely new characters with new origins.
I think if you read Supreme Power, you would love it. Same with MWOF. If you actually read it, im sure you'll be all for the crossover. Supreme Power is Ultimate Squadron Supreme. All they doing now is making it official

Nurhachi said:
Bass, the only reason you seem to not like JMS is because of his work with well established characters like Spider-Man or Fantastic Four. Yet you like Babylon 5, which JMS created.
Squadron Supreme is also JMS created. He's not writing characters created by someone else, he's creating entirely new characters with new origins.
I think if you read Supreme Power, you would love it. Same with MWOF. If you actually read it, im sure you'll be all for the crossover. Supreme Power is Ultimate Squadron Supreme. All they doing now is making it official

So you're saying that Supreme Power takes place in the Ultimate Universe? I thought we were having an interdimensional crossover.

Nurhachi, Bass does read Supreme Power. And they're not all new characters, they're all from the original Squadron Supreme.

I voted no. And it's a firm hell no. Squadron Surpeme works so absurdly well as its own Universe, there is no need to be like "who would win in a fight, Hyperion or Ultimate Hulk." Cause you fuggin' know its gonna happen. And that's bad.

ProjectX2 said:
Nurhachi, Bass does read Supreme Power. And they're not all new characters, they're all from the original Squadron Supreme.

No they're not. That's why Joe Q gave the crossover a go. If you know the original Squadron Supreme, you would realize that Amphibian isn't a chick and Nighthawk wasn't black.

The Supreme Power is a very realistic universe, but ten times more brutal and graphic than the Ultimate Universe thanks to the MAX print. It is also a very small universe and self-contained, their darker personalities and the more brutal U.S. government that makes any of the underhanded tactics done by SHIELD look tame, I'm looking forward to it. I don't really care what JMS wrote before, but take my word for it, Supreme Power is good. This is JMS' best work and you can check any website that reviews this series and majority of them give praises to the book.

The fact that they also wanted this crossover to have lasting results and not just some self-contained episode that will resolve tidily in the end excites me.

I do not know why people are *****ing so much about this. Like was mentioned before this is also to the homage when the original SS had a crossover with the regular Marvel Universe. This is Ultimate Squadron Supreme in a sense because they also came from a parallel universe, just like the original Squadron Supreme was. It is a lot better than trying to cram them into the same universe which would suck based on how it will put continuity into the toilet. IMO, I will only ***** about this when I read the series and find that it's crap. Otherwise I am anticipating the arrival of this, and have been stocking up on the original Supreme Power TPBs.

Last edited:
cmdrjanjalani said:
No they're not. That's why Joe Q gave the crossover a go. If you know the original Squadron Supreme, you would realize that Amphibian isn't a chick and Nighthawk wasn't black.

Yeah, but they're still based upon their original selves. Just like how in the UU, Mad Thinker is a woman. JMS didn't create these characters completely, he based them upon the original characters.

ProjectX2 said:
Yeah, but they're still based upon their original selves. Just like how in the UU, Mad Thinker is a woman. JMS didn't create these characters completely, he based them upon the original characters.

Yeah, I got that. Just thought you may have thought that they are the same characters. :D

The darker personalities, harsher methods and the totalitarian acts of the U.S. government and the SS is a homage to the original, who also took extreme methods to establish peace and order. Supreme Power just used that concept and made it R-18, abandoned the cheesy costumes, and made it grittier and more realistic. That's why I have no problems with it.

Last edited:
At first I didn't think it would be a very good idea. But after having read most of the Squadron Supreme titles, I'm excited about the crossover.

I'm definitely wanting to remain positive for this release.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So you're saying that Supreme Power takes place in the Ultimate Universe? I thought we were having an interdimensional crossover.

No, he's not saying it takes place in the Ultimate universe. Are you at all familiar with the original 616 Squadron Supreme? They appeared in Avengers many times (as well as numerous other titles), but they hailed from an alternate reality to 616. Same deal here.

So this does make a certain "perfect sense". In this case, the 616 is the Ultimate universe, and the original Squadron is the Supreme Power team. Its an Ultimate take on the classic alternate universe spanning stories of the 616 Avengers and Squadron Supreme.

cmdrjanjalani said:
The fact that they also wanted this crossover to have lasting results and not just some self-contained episode that will resolve tidily in the end excites me.

I'm a little apprehensive about that...we'll see how it goes.

I do not know why people are *****ing so much about this. Like was mentioned before this is also to the homage when the original SS had a crossover with the regular Marvel Universe. This is Ultimate Squadron Supreme in a sense because they also came from a parallel universe, just like the original Squadron Supreme was. It is a lot better than trying to cram them into the same universe which would suck based on how it will put continuity into the toilet. IMO, I will only ***** about this when I read the series and find that it's crap. Otherwise I am anticipating the arrival of this, and have been stocking up on the original Supreme Power TPBs.

Exactly.

Anyway, while I'm here defending the idea, I still would rather not see it happen. However, given it is happening and there isn't a damn thing I can do, instead of giving a premature negative fanboy rant, I'd rather wait to see how it turns out, what (lasting) impacts it will have on the universes, etc. It might suck out loud, it might be damn good...we'll have to wait and see.

But if I had my choice, I'd rather the Ultimate universe wasn't crossing over with the Supreme-verse.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Sorry, The Ultimate Universe and Supreme Power universe are in the same MULTIVERSE, which is a different multiverse then 616 and the original squadron supreme

ProjectX2 said:

What i meant is that Supreme Power is an ultimization of Squadron Supreme. Sure JMS based the characters on the other ones, but he still created them and there origins. I thought Bass said he hadnt read SP yet?

Well he's read Hyperion and Nighthawk I think, and there's really no point if you haven't read Supreme Power...

or, in Nighthawk's case, no point in general.

Well, i guess it was a fun read. just not really important. 1-18 of Supreme Power is like my favorite thing ever.

ProjectX2 said:
Well he's read Hyperion and Nighthawk I think, and there's really no point if you haven't read Supreme Power...

Hyperion and Nighthawk werent that good though.....not as good as supreme power!

Latest posts

Back