Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

• Total voters
E said:
I didn't like it either.

In fact, I sold my issues to TGO and he was mad at me because he hated it. :D

Weren't they only a dollar, though?

Neither.

Since there were only the two options, I went with "huge mistake" even though I don't think it's a huge mistake, I just think it's uninteresting.

I've read some of Supreme Power, didn't see much that interested me, and so haven't been following the entire series that's sprung out of it. I agree with Bass' comments about "team" written books, and I have reservations about the individual writers anyway. I don't think Bendis writes team books well, nor is he a good coherent "big story" plotter and this is not one but TWO teams with big stories. I'm not that fond of what very little Loeb I've read, though I'll probably give Ultimates 3 a try, and I've read some JMS, and he strikes me as... competent but not more.

I'm absolutely, completely, positive I do not want to see a regular 616/Ultimates crossover, though, that WOULD be a huge mistake. Not that it wouldn't make amusing fan fic, mind you, as various 616 characters met their Ultimate counterparts.

I think its going to be great.

I also think those of you who are already calling it a ****ty crossover are rediculous.

I love the Original Squadron Supreme, and the way that they tied into 616 Marvel was great. It provided a great level of insight into the way democracy works and why it is better than absolute power... I also love the way that the new Squadron series has taken the original to a new level in terms of relevance to the world as it is today... Loeb is good at writing Noble characters, JMS is good at writing conflicted characters, and Bendis is good at writing set-up... and what do we have??? Bendis setting up a story, whose conflicts will be addressed by JMS, and in the end we will get an ending, because Loeb knows how to write endings to stories. The way I see it is that they are all writing to their strengths.

If it sucks, then okay, but I think this has the potential to be as relevant as the original. It would be better if Millar was involved... but I still see the potential for something good...

Some of you people are being rediculous.

I don't think it will be a ****ty crossover. I just want my beloved universes I started comics in to stay as two seperate things. :(

ProjectX2 said:
I don't think it will be a ****ty crossover. I just want my beloved universes I started comics in to stay as two seperate things. :(

I was the same way. . .until UFF decided to throw that out the window. But, since they did it well, I'm fine with it as long as the things in my previous post never come to pass.

Lynx said:
I was the same way. . .until UFF decided to throw that out the window. But, since they did it well, I'm fine with it as long as the things in my previous post never come to pass.
I thought he was saying he wanted the UU and the Supreme-verse seperate, not having anything to do with UFF and I'm guessing Crossover.

Pandrio said:
I thought he was saying he wanted the UU and the Supreme-verse seperate, not having anything to do with UFF and I'm guessing Crossover.

Agreed. The UFF didn't cross over with a previously established universe, it created one instead.

it will suck. Reason is none of the characters in ultimate universe would have much of a shot against most of the characters in the supreme universe - and most would just die if they were looked at wrong.

Aebriol said:
it will suck. Reason is none of the characters in ultimate universe would have much of a shot against most of the characters in the supreme universe - and most would just die if they were looked at wrong.
Well hopefully its not just a versus match-up and although they may not be evenly matched hopefully the story is good anyways. I'm not for the crossover, but I'd hope Marvel wouldn't just have the two groups fight.

I've actually never read any of the Squadron Supreme stuff, but I enjoy crossovers greatly, no matter who they are with (weird huh?) yea, i dont care if it turns out horrible, cause face it...Almost all of us will buy and read it either way.

Aebriol said:

Where's your basis for that? Hyperion is freakin' powerful, but so is Thor and Hulk. I assume Zarda is very strong since she comes the same race, but I haven't seen her use her full power. The rest of them just have unique abilities, while others are quite similar. Therefore the latter characters have to depend on wits, cunning and strategy when going toe and toe with the Ultimate characters. The only reason why the Ultimates aren't as brutal is because they're in a PG book. Imagine if Ultimates vol.1 #5 was a MAX issue and you can actually see Hulk ripping apart bodies and gorging on them.

Last edited:
50 votes, split right down the middle. I still haven't voted. I'm undecided.

I'm surprised because I thought my stranglehold on the opinions of others was tighter than this. Too much rebelling against my thought-brain on this site, tut tut.

Bass said:
I'm surprised because I thought my stranglehold on the opinions of others was tighter than this. Too much rebelling against my thought-brain on this site, tut tut.
When you're wrong, you're wrong. :wink:

Latest posts

Back