Ultimate Revamps: Which Ones Worked and Which Ones Didn't

Re: Ultimare Revamps: Which Ones Worked and Which Ones Didn't

The fact that he's lived through two periods of persecution doesn't tell you why he's a hateful bastard? He's a Jew and he's a Mutant. He lived through Hitler's Consentration Camps and a period of heavy persecution of mutants. He's got a lot to be resentful for.

What a second if he's a Holcaust survivor why is he in such good shape shouldn't he in his late 60s now?

He's a spoiled rich kid, he is just an A-Hole, who is evil for evil's sake. Seriously he was a millionaire in the States, I don't see how his life was that bad. If they want to amke the Ultimate Universe more realstic the governemnt should have killed after they arrested him. Ultimate Magneto is so boring and unlikable I wouldn't have minded at all, plus it have proved the government is more realstic in the Ultimate universe, they actually execute evil psychopaths when they have the chance. frankly he's the mutant version of Osama bin Laden and Osama bin Laden is one of the most boring people I have heard of.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're reading the same comics I am. The only character until Doom that may have even been close to as powerful as Thor was Hulk. No one else. Colossus is no where near as powerful as Thor. Not by a longshot. And Doom is arrogant. He was raised by an abusive, overbearing father who drilled perfection into his head for most of his life. When he met Reed, he met a rival. That's his motive.

Then why did Colossus wreck Thor in the Ultimate war? Ultimae Thor is kinda of a wimp sometimes. Doom had a dad who was mean to him and him try to be prefect in everything? Yawn, what is this this a comic or a after school special? Seriously that motive is cliched and boring, I have seen it million times and I have seen it done better.

Just because he was crazy doesn't make him wearing a Halloween costume any more lame. The Ultimates and X-men wear uniforms, and Spider-man wears a costume to protect his identity. And yes, he is the poor man's Hulk. That was the whole point, if you had read the first few story arcs.

Just because they intentionally made Gobby a Hulk knock off doesn't make it any less boring or lame. Seriously what's more realstic, crazy person in a costume or guy who turns into a monster? I bet you I'm far more likely to met with a crazy guy in weird costume than guy who can turn into monster in my life time.

Last edited:

Just because they intentionally made Gobby a Hulk knock off doesn't make it any less boring or lame. Seriously what's more realstic, crazy person in a costume or guy who turns into a monster? I bet you I'm far more likely to met with a crazy guy in weird costume than guy who can turn into monster in my life time.
would you meet a monstrous freak alien experiment that absorbs life force?, how about a guy who can shift his DNA into a sand like state?, come on you don't read comics to read about stuff that could happen to you if that is so you could save alot of money reading the newspaper instead

The way I see Northstar is that he's a minor character, so that doesn't leave a lot of room for development.
Exactly. He's a minor character and it's not like there's really any spolight/appearances on him to be given much development, hence him being someone minor.

What a second if he's a Holcaust survivor why is he in such good shape shouldn't he in his late 60s now?

He's a spoiled rich kid, he is just an A-Hole, who is evil for evil's sake. Seriously he was a millionaire in the States, I don't see how his life was that bad. If they want to amke the Ultimate Universe more realstic the governemnt should have killed after they arrested him. Ultimate Magneto is so boring and unlikable I wouldn't have minded at all, plus it have proved the government is more realstic in the Ultimate universe, they actually execute evil psychopaths when they have the chance. frankly he's the mutant version of Osama bin Laden and Osama bin Laden is one of the most boring people I have heard of.

Yes, he's in his 60s. Sean Connery is in his 70s and is in excellent shape. What's you point? He was persecuted throughout his life, so your point that he was a spoiled rich kid is completely moot. And no, they wouldn't execute him because that would make him a martyr.

Then why did Colossus wreck Thor in the Ultimate war? Ultimae Thor is kinda of a wimp sometimes. Doom had a dad who was mean to him and him try to be prefect in everything? Yawn, what is this this a comic or a after school special? Seriously that motive is cliched and boring, I have seen it million times and I have seen it done better.

Well, if your going by a single fight, then Cap is stronger than Hulk (Because he beat the crap out of him in Ultimates), and Spidey is just a strong as Cap (As shown in Ultimate Six). Just because Colossus blind-sided Thor as he was fighting Storm doesn't make him more powerful. And if you want to see Thor's strength, please look at Ultimates #13, where he takes down most of the Chituari fleet, or Ultimates 2 #5 where it takes the entire Ultimates and Union teams to take him down. And you may think its boring, but I, and many others, don't. An abused child is overdone, a father beating a child to become perfect is not.

You aren't likely to meet anyone like the 616 Goblin. He was super-powered and flew around on a glider. If you're looking for realism, comics aren't the medium for you.

Yes, goat legs. That's why.

Goat Legs is the 42 of the Ultimate Universe. When asked any question on why the UU is so great...."goat legs" is the be-all-end-all answer.

Plus there's the whole relative to Vlad the Impaler thing, organic powers (poison breath, metal barbs), and less comicy inflated ego. Fact is.......Doom is the greatest Ultimization.

no one's mentioned this though: what about Peter Parker's character?

And the ultimate green goblin is far more sinister than the original. I mean, in 616 Osborn just wanted to kill Peter and get revenge. Ultimate Osborn thinks he owns Peter. That right there adds a lot of depth to his insanity, and gives him a motive for making Peter's life hell. He practically thinks he's God.
I was also disappointed with the Hobgoblin. Right now he seems like a waste, but with the fact that Norman has pretty much disownd him as his son can lead to a bunch of good arcs.

no one's mentioned this though: what about Peter Parker's character?

And the ultimate green goblin is far more sinister than the original. I mean, in 616 Osborn just wanted to kill Peter and get revenge. Ultimate Osborn thinks he owns Peter. That right there adds a lot of depth to his insanity, and gives him a motive for making Peter's life hell. He practically thinks he's God.
I was also disappointed with the Hobgoblin. Right now he seems like a waste, but with the fact that Norman has pretty much disownd him as his son can lead to a bunch of good arcs.

Actually, I think Peter is very similar to his 616 counterpart. And I definitely agree about Norman.

Worst ultimizations are practically everything Bendis has ultimized. He thinks ultimizing is giving them a different costume and making them nuts. Though early Green Goblin was fun.

Thor, Captain Mahr-Vehl and Nick Fury are the best ultimizations.

Also, Magneto's not a Holocaust survivor, or not that I'm aware of. In the UU, he said all of his family were killed during it.

Worst ultimizations are practically everything Bendis has ultimized. He thinks ultimizing is giving them a different costume and making them nuts. Though early Green Goblin was fun.

Thor, Captain Mahr-Vehl and Nick Fury are the best ultimizations.

Also, Magneto's not a Holocaust survivor, or not that I'm aware of. In the UU, he said all of his family were killed during it.

All his family being killed during it would imply that he was the only survivor of it.

Can not speak for everyone but out what i've read my list dont kknow if all of these are that diffrent:

5 i liked and ironicly never really liked untill until the ultimate versions (except green gonlin orginal was kind of cool too)

5th - Nick Fury
4th - Hobgoblin
3rd - Captain america
2nd - Iron Man
1st - Green Goblin

5 my 5 worst even if i still like seeing them in the comics

5th- carnage (i loved at first till I whent back and re-read and dised i prefured insain son of venom)
4th - hulk (I like hulk but they made him say stupid thing in ultimates vol 1 how ever when i read the spider-man hulk team up he could be cool again)
3rd - Shocker (he needs the yellow silly suit)
2nd - Vulture (robotic not as cool as old man draining youth)
1st - Venom (I liked the original 616 venom *eddie version only thou* Ultimate one is just not as cool as he's not an alien suit ,does not use Spider-mans powers and does not have logo *at least he didn't till end of game*)

Last edited:

All his family being killed during it would imply that he was the only survivor of it.

Not necessarily. I don't think he's that old.

Not necessarily. I don't think he's that old.

Well, considering that he would have had to have been born before it if his parents were killed during it. . .

Well, considering that he would have had to have been born before it if his parents were killed during it. . .

I read "family" and didn't look back at the comic - does it specifically say his parents? I was assuming it didn't.

I like the better costume. He ain't no walking mattress anymore. Wouldn't mind if they made him a threat, though. It'd be interesting.

Latest posts

Back