Ultimate Ronin! NO, REALLY!

As long as this arc features a lot of Kingpin, I think it'll be good since Bendis always shines when writing him. And Daredevil.

But Ronin better not be the same person underneath the costume as she is in current 616; that would be dumb. Of course, I'm afraid it'll probably play out that way since Ronin 616 will be front and center in April. (CrossUniverse promotioning? Yecch.)

I like it. This is a pretty big **** you to everyone who thinks that fairly new concepts in 616 can't be ultimized. If he plays a decent part in the story (I get the feeling it's gonna be Ultimate Omega Red all over again :roll: ) than I'll be satisfied.

Bendis handled this one already. Elektra is one of the most skilled assasins in the world and Peter Parker is literally a kid with superpowers.

Speaking of... what if Elektra is Ultimate Ronin? Working against Kingpin to get closer to Daredevil/Matt Murdock.

:sure: No? Daredevil, Moon Knight aren't even rumored to be on New Avengers...

Wash your mouth out with soap young man.:x

The fact is Ronin is like Hush and Xorn, they are gimmicks instead of characters. The whole point of these characters is that they merely pseudonyms for other characters, which is fine, but the writers keep changing who these pseudonyms are supposed to be or try to give these pseudonym characters a life of their own, turning them into a confusing, convoluted mess.

This is why Ultimate Ronin is a bad idea, there a thousands of urban heroes and villains from 616 MU who are more interesting and have more history than this pseudonym character gone wrong. We might as make an Ultimate "Master Planner" and have him as a seperate character from Ock, that makes about as much sense as Ultimate Ronin.

Wash your mouth out with soap young man.:x

The fact is Ronin is like Hush and Xorn, they are gimmicks instead of characters. The whole point of these characters is that they merely pseudonyms for other characters, which is fine, but the writers keep changing who these pseudonyms are supposed to be or try to give these pseudonym characters a life of their own, turning them into a confusing, convoluted mess.

This is why Ultimate Ronin is a bad idea, there a thousands of urban heroes and villains from 616 MU who are more interesting and have more history than this pseudonym character gone wrong. We might as make an Ultimate "Master Planner" and have him as a seperate character from Ock, that makes about as much sense as Ultimate Ronin.

Hush is his own character? What are you talking about?

And the original Xorn was awesome.

Hush is his own character? What are you talking about?

And the original Xorn was awesome.

No, I said "the writers keep changing who these pseudonyms are supposed to be or try to give these pseudonym characters a life of their own" notice the word or in the there. With Hush the writers kept on changing who the Hell he was he supposed be. First they said he was Tommy Elliot, then in Hush Returns they said he wasn't Tommy Elliot and then later they said he was Tommy Elliot again. The writers played around with his true ID so much that Hush became a convoluted mess. Hush never should appeared after his first mini series.

With the Xorn the problem was they tried to give a pseudonym character a life of his own. The original Xorn was a good character, but he should have never appeared after being revealed as being a pseudonym for Magneto. When the made a second Xorn seperate from Magneto, the whole character became a convoluted mess.

I swear they could handle pseudonym characters in the 60s. When Doc Ock was revealed to be "The Master Planner" in ASM # 33, they didn't later make the master Planner into his own character, because that would have been stupid.

No, I said "the writers keep changing who these pseudonyms are supposed to be or try to give these pseudonym characters a life of their own" notice the word or in the there. With Hush the writers kept on changing who the Hell he was he supposed be. First they said he was Tommy Elliot, then in Hush Returns they said he wasn't Tommy Elliot and then later they said he was Tommy Elliot again. The writers played around with his true ID so much that Hush became a convoluted mess. Hush never should appeared after his first mini series.

With the Xorn the problem was they tried to give a pseudonym character a life of his own. The original Xorn was a good character, but he should have never appeared after being revealed as being a pseudonym for Magneto. When the made a second Xorn seperate from Magneto, the whole character became a convoluted mess.

I swear they could handle pseudonym characters in the 60s. When Doc Ock was revealed to be "The Master Planner" in ASM # 33, they didn't later make the master Planner into his own character, because that would have been stupid.

So Hush is like Batman's Hobgoblin?

So Hush is like Batman's Hobgoblin?

Yeah pretty well, though 616 Hobgoblin had way more potenial. Its a shame what happen to 616 Hobgoblin, he had the potenial to be a sucessor to the Green Goblin, but the writers screwed around with his secret ID so much that he became a joke.

Last edited:
No one has yet to comment on my Elektra/Ronin theory which makes all the sense in the world.

No one cares. :evil: :twisted:

Seriously if Ultimate Ronin was Elektra that would be really stupid (almost as stupid as 616 Ronin being Echo.) Seriously Ultimate Ronin looks like a man, so how did Elektra hide her boobs when wearing the skin tight Ronin costume? This is why Ronin sucks (its shame you can't admit that), Ronin is nothing more a than gimmicky, pseudonym character that has long out lived its usefuliness and should be retired.

Having Ultimate Ronin makes as much sense as creating an Ultimate version of the Master Planner. there are thousands of better characters in 616 MU then Ronin, who is out of control pseudonym character.

Last edited:
No one cares. :evil: :twisted:

Seriously if Ultimate Ronin was Elektra that would be really stupid (almost as stupid as 616 Ronin being Echo.) Seriously Ultimate Ronin looks like a man, so how did Elektra hide her boobs when wearing the skin tight Ronin costume? This is why Ronin sucks (its shame you can't admit that), Ronin is nothing more a than gimmicky, pseudonym character that has long out lived its usefuliness and should be retired.
Not that I have a argument for (or against) Elektra being Ronin, is your main reason because the breasts issue? Seriously?

Last edited:
Not that I have a argument for (or against) Elektra being Ronin, is your main reason because the breasts issue? Seriously?

No, that is just one of the issues. Seriously though, does Ultimate Ronin look like a woman, at all?

That's why they have those chest plates thing that push the breasts back to make it look like its a man. Its the chest plate.

Bah, your telling me Elektra could wear something as bulky as that and be as agile as she usually is? Besides if Ultimate Ronin is merely Matt's psycho ex girlfriend in disguise, how is that different from 616 Ronin?

I was just being snarky.

Also I addressed your Elektra theory above.
Well, personally I think it sucks. I'm sure you would rather some random Ultimization that people wouldn't get. Which is cool for you but that's not what the "ronin" character's about. If it's gonna be badass and cool it should be Elektra fighting for redemption.

MWoF has spoken.

No one has yet to comment on my Elektra/Ronin theory which makes all the sense in the world.

I thought about and, yeah, it does make sense.

But, to be honest, I still don't care. I still think its stupid that Bendis is introducing Ronin before tons of other characters, like Chameleon, Mysterio, etc.

Bah, your telling me Elektra could wear something as bulky as that and be as agile as she usually is?
It's possible.

Besides if Ultimate Ronin is merely Matt's psycho ex girlfriend in disguise, how is that different from 616 Ronin?
As I said, I have no argument for or against. Was just commenting on that part that was talked about.

Well, personally I think it sucks. I'm sure you would rather some random Ultimization that people wouldn't get. Which is cool for you but that's not what the "ronin" character's about. If it's gonna be badass and cool it should be Elektra fighting for redemption.

MWoF has spoken.

MWoF has spoken and still no one cares.:evil:

You're just recyling the same bad Ronin storyline from the 616 universe, you're just swaping one of DD's psycho ex girlfriends for another. You do we need to introduce a lame, gimmcky, pseudonym character like Ronin for Elektra to be redeemed, can't she do that on herself or something? The point Ultimate Universe was to get away from stupid 616 polt lines, not repeat them. Guess what you are in the vast minority this thread, besides you, almost no one here likes the idea of Ultimate Ronin. You may like Ronin, but no one else does.

Seriosuly if Ultimate Ronin shopuld be introduced, should Ultimate Master Planner be intorduce later or Ultimate Dr. Ludwig Von Rhinehart? Why not ultimatize every pseudonym character in the 616 universe?

Last edited:
It's possible.

As I said, I have no argument for or against. Was just commenting on that part that was talked about.

Well I still think it be really stupid if Ronin turns to be Elektra, that's way too similar to what happened in the 616 universe (which was a big disappointment).

Latest posts

Back