Ultimate Secret #3 delayed over 3 months to 9/21

Isn't why the set back the release date for Ultimate Secret, becuase they where still working out the kinks... and what about the Ultimate Exction (... or Arrival... whatever it's called) I dont think we know who the artist is...

Marvel... I loath you right now... 3 F***ING MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell is going on with them...

Rhyo said:
On another board, a well-respected (outgoing) member of Marvel's staff commented that it was neither writer nor artist's fault and that some official info would be forthcoming.

Okey doke, I'm listening...

Yes, Marvel really does need to get on top of this one before it's taken out of proportion... There will be legions of fans outside of their office building if they're not careful!

Ok, this is what C.B. said about this, which Rhyo sent me:

Yes, it sucks, I agree. This caught even me by surprise. However, there are numerous factors that lead to this decision. No blame falls on either Warren or Steve. Warren's scripts are in and Steve is one of the most hardworking and reliable artists in comics today. From what I understand, certain circumstances have arisen that have neccessitated Marvel making the call to delay the title. No one is happy about it but it had to be done. There should be more news on this soon.

Thanks for understanding.

Take care,
C.B. Cebulski

So, there oughta be some serious changes to the Fantastic Four if this is getting backed up like this... I wonder what's going to be changed. It would be a cool question to ask Ellis.

Wouldn't they be delaying it because of the 3rd part in the trio? extinction is it????
Like they don't have a artist or whatever?

lxdfughlzxkjvznhdfoj;ghnzb;dfohzkjs.vfbZ>SJDfh>SKJFb.Zzsdfnmbz,dv,mNBSG,hjVB,zhDXfbvj,ZXHBC.XZHfgkJXChgKJFHjkZXfgjZHFkJFchzxcb,SHD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Oh god... I bet i know what it is....

The Movie Deal....

I bet marvel contractually cannot have a really confusing portrayal of the Fantastic Four around the Movie.... Thats why in UFF they're starting a new arc the month of the movie....

It probably wasn't a big deal when Ultimate Secret was originally plotted out.... because it would be done before the summer, and wouldnt be touching June/July.... Now with the delays they have the Fantastic Four right in the middle of a complex second part of a storyarc that builds off a five issue miniseries that's over and done with.

The Movie people dont want to lose viewers to those who consider the F4 to be a part of a really confusing universe....

And Marvel doesnt want to lose potential readers who filter into a comic store for the first time since Spiderman 2, and pick up the shiniest title with the four on it, and can't figure out whats going on....

It makes sense in an evil evil corporate sort of way...

Dr.Strangefate said:
I bet marvel contractually cannot have a really confusing portrayal of the Fantastic Four around the Movie.... Thats why in UFF they're starting a new arc the month of the movie....
That's not why....but ok.

icemastertron said:
That's not why....but ok.

They've done the same thing with every other movie release

i mean, just in the ultimate comics....

-The return of the Green Goblin in USP for Spidey 1
-The Hollywood Arc for Spidey 2
-Ultimate X-Men had just started in 2000 when the first X-men movie came out, so they released the first three issues in one big-sized comic, and also gave out the first issue on free-comic-book day
-The New Mutants Arc for X2 (one shots and new characters, i remember them advertising how it was "a good time to start reading Ultimate X-men")
-Ultimate Elektra for the Elektra Movie
-Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra for the Daredevil movie

Not to mention the 616 tie-ins....

But "Cross-over" makes sense for UFF readers to come in, because the UU FF will meet a semi-616 FF and basically the issues will have to be explaining how they are different, at least to an extent.....

And Cross-over has been over-hyped by Wizard, which is Marvel and DC's *****... they want to get readers through this.

Maybe "Secret" is being delayed to put off the launch of "Extinction," so they can bring all the UU narrative lines into sequence and have Gull Ack Tsk be the BIG UU Event full of crossovers (ala House of Morons and Infernal Creepouts).

If I owned Marvel this wouldn't happen. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
:D

Dr.Strangefate said:
They've done the same thing with every other movie release

i mean, just in the ultimate comics....

-The return of the Green Goblin in USP for Spidey 1
-The Hollywood Arc for Spidey 2
-Ultimate X-Men had just started in 2000 when the first X-men movie came out, so they released the first three issues in one big-sized comic, and also gave out the first issue on free-comic-book day
-The New Mutants Arc for X2 (one shots and new characters, i remember them advertising how it was "a good time to start reading Ultimate X-men")
-Ultimate Elektra for the Elektra Movie
-Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra for the Daredevil movie

Not to mention the 616 tie-ins....

But "Cross-over" makes sense for UFF readers to come in, because the UU FF will meet a semi-616 FF and basically the issues will have to be explaining how they are different, at least to an extent.....

And Cross-over has been over-hyped by Wizard, which is Marvel and DC's *****... they want to get readers through this.

im with ya on this one Dr.Strangefate, from a market standpoint i would have done the same as marvel. piss off 1/2 the marvel readers in hopes more then double that will join. (if the movies is good)

I really can't buy the "Secret delayed because Extinction won't be ready to go" thing... Even Marvel have to see that putting the delay mid-series like this is ridiculous. Finishing Secret then having a few months gap before Extinction would be still annoying, but wouldn't make them look anywhere near as stupid.

Wait a second, I just got a thought.

I bet this is obviously why we never saw a solicitation for #4. Marvel knew waaay before that this was gonna happen. Otherwise, we've probably would've seen a solit for the last issue.

Nick MB said:
I really can't buy the "Secret delayed because Extinction won't be ready to go" thing... Even Marvel have to see that putting the delay mid-series like this is ridiculous. Finishing Secret then having a few months gap before Extinction would be still annoying, but wouldn't make them look anywhere near as stupid.

Agreed. It's much worse to leave readers hanging with a (literally) half finished series. That can't be the reason.

Some bit of me hopes this surprised them... because if they had a few month break and then STARTED Ultimate Secret... that'd be one thing... Because then we'd have in a solid four issue mini-series, that's the sequel to nightmare, but doesnt require itself to happen moments after Nightmare ends.....

It better be -really- good. And Marvel now better do something to win back our graces... like FIX THE UU CONTINUITY!

It wouldnt take much, honestly.... I mean... yeah.

Latest posts

Back