Ultimate solicitations for December, 2005

*shakes head* WHY does Namor have ankle wings?! They got rid of 'em on Cap and Thor (Even thoguh Thor was technically a full costume change). Is it to show that he can fly? 'Cause that's still pretty lame.

Oh well, at least he doesn't have the Speedo. :wink:

God, those are some sexy covers, even USM isn't bad.

EXCEPT UXM/UFF! What the hell is that tripe?

I'm gonna get Secret. And that wolverine/Hulk cover. WOW ! *dies of pleasure*

Caduceus said:
God, those are some sexy covers, even USM isn't bad.

EXCEPT UXM/UFF! What the hell is that tripe?
I second what he said.

And like I posted elswhere, the UXM/UFF cover's coloring is what I don't like. They seem kinda flat at parts, and the over all quality of the coloring isn't impressive much.

Ice, not sure whether to count this or not, but since a lot of people seem to be considering it an Ultimate side story:

MARVEL ZOMBIES #1 (of 5)
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Penciled by SEAN PHILLIPS
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM

Torn from the pages of Ultimate Fantastic Four! On an Earth shockingly similar to the Marvel Universe's, an alien virus has mutated all of the world's greatest super heroes into flesh-eating monsters! It took them only hours to destroy life as we know it-but what happens when they run out of humans to eat?!? Follow their search for more food-and witness the arrival of the Silver Surfer!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

Excelsior said:
Ice, not sure whether to count this or not, but since a lot of people seem to be considering it an Ultimate side story:

MARVEL ZOMBIES #1 (of 5)
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Penciled by SEAN PHILLIPS
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM

Torn from the pages of Ultimate Fantastic Four! On an Earth shockingly similar to the Marvel Universe's, an alien virus has mutated all of the world's greatest super heroes into flesh-eating monsters! It took them only hours to destroy life as we know it-but what happens when they run out of humans to eat?!? Follow their search for more food-and witness the arrival of the Silver Surfer!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

I included it in the timeline anyway.

anyone know what the big thing in UFF that will change everything is??? the last 2 arcs have had cliffhangers leading to the next stories why not this one?? and f I recall correct next is president Thor mabye the cliffhanger is Bush dies and thor is in?? or sumthin.

Marvel Zombies is not an OFFICIAL Ultimate comic. But it is right to be included in the timeline anyway, as DIrishB has explained earlier.

icemastertron said:
Marvel Zombies is not an OFFICIAL Ultimate comic. But it is right to be included in the timeline anyway, as DIrishB has explained earlier.
So, does it have to have Ultimate in the title to be an OFFICIAL Ultimate comic? :lol: :lol:

Pandrio said:
So, does it have to have Ultimate in the title to be an OFFICIAL Ultimate comic? :lol: :lol:
Basically, yeah. It's not really an Ultimate comic, otherwise, there would have been so many ultimate characters ultimized. Maybe someone else can explain it better, cuz I don't think I can.

I know that it's not an official Ultimate title, but since it's included in the timeline and a sidestory of the Ultimate books, I figured that it couldn't hurt to be included in the solicitations. Er, I guess alternate universe but correlated to the Ultimate Universe is a better description. Sorry if I overstepped my bounds.

Although, this brings up the point...if it's in the timeline, but not part of the universe, where do you put it? Probably after the UFF book, but still...

Excelsior said:
I know that it's not an official Ultimate title, but since it's included in the timeline and a sidestory of the Ultimate books, I figured that it couldn't hurt to be included in the solicitations. Er, I guess alternate universe but correlated to the Ultimate Universe is a better description. Sorry if I overstepped my bounds.
Its no biggie. Its got its own thread, so I wouldn't really expect big discussion here anyway.

icemastertron said:
Basically, yeah. It's not really an Ultimate comic, otherwise, there would have been so many ultimate characters ultimized. Maybe someone else can explain it better, cuz I don't think I can.
I was just joking, I understand what you are saying, but I find it funny. Come to think of it there is little I don't find funny :lol: :lol: .

Spade said:
anyone know what the big thing in UFF that will change everything is??? the last 2 arcs have had cliffhangers leading to the next stories why not this one?? and f I recall correct next is president Thor mabye the cliffhanger is Bush dies and thor is in?? or sumthin.

Heh, that's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

The UFF are being tied into the Ultimates more than any title. Magneto was the biggest threat and it seems like Millar's making that an obvious point in Crossover. Sub-Mariner and all that jazz and an entire nation popping up is something that would rouse the Ultimates, so we'll never know. After that, we'll have to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back