Ultimate Solicitations for February, 2006

E

Excelsior Club
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for February 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimate Extinction #2, Ultimate Fantastic Four #27, Ultimate Spider-Man #90, Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #2, Ultimate X-Men #67, Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #9, Ultimate Tales Flip Magazine #9, and Ultimate X-Men Vol. 13 "Magnetic North".

Release dates and covers will be listed as they become available and are subject to change - stay tuned to Ultimate Central for the latest news and updates.

ULTEXT02.jpg

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #2 (of 5)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

In a last-ditch effort to save Earth from Gah Lak Tus, the X-Men's Charles Xavier attempts a massive, full-blown psychic attack on the unimaginable menace approaching our planet. Meanwhile, the mystery of Ultimate Silver Surfer deepens as he attempts to kill detective Misty Knight. What is the gleaming alien's link to Gah Lak Tus?
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP...$2.99
In stores 2/8/06

ULTFF027.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #27
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND

"PRESIDENT THOR" Part 1 (of 3)
A guilt-ridden Reed Richards attempts to undo his greatest failure by using time travel to fix the snag that caused the teleportation accident which resulted in Ben Grimm's becoming the Thing. If it works, Ben will be Ben and the Thing will never have existed. And neither will the F.F. Be careful what you wish for.
32 PGS./RATED A ...$2.50
In stores 2/15/06

ULTSM090.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #90
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY

"SILVER SABLE"
Just when Spidey has things under control with Silver Sable, in flies a winged horror to make his Ultimate debut—the Vulture! And this is a Vulture more deadly than you can imagine, with weapons to make him a match for any super hero. But is it Spidey he wants to take down or is there an even more sinister agenda involved—including the Roxxon Corporation? Guest starring Ultimate Iron Man! Part 5 (of 5). 32 PGS./RATED A ...$2.50
In stores 2/22/06

ULTWOLVSHLK02.jpg

ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS. HULK #2 (of 6)
Written by DAMON LINDELOF
Pencils & Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

Doctor Bruce Banner. Mass Murderer. Responsible for the death of hundreds in New York City. Now, he wanders the globe in search of inner peace—in an attempt to never again unleash the monster within. Banner travels through Paris, Ireland, India, and finally to the hills of Tibet...where at last he finds Nirvana. And that is precisely when Wolverine shows up. To kill him. Let the games begin. Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof and superstar Leinil Francis Yu continue the fight of a lifetime!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99
In stores 2/15/06

UXM067.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #67
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils & Cover by TOM RANEY

"DATE NIGHT"
It's a hot time in the old town as our young X-Men's romances flair up or fizzle out. And while Cupid is keeping busy there, a solitary Wolverine must face a dreaded foe from the past who comes back to haunt him with unbearable secrets that have been buried for years. Part 2 (of 3)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50
In stores 2/8/06

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #9
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #16 & 17
Pencils & Covers by MARK BAGLEY

64 PGS./RATED A ...$3.99
In stores 2/1/06

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #9
ULTIMATE X-MEN #9
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by TOM RANEY
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #9
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN

64 PGS./RATED A ...$3.99
In stores 2/1/06

ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 13: MAGNETIC NORTH TPB
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN

Emma Frost, Alex Summers and the X-Men's greatest enemy star in an epic new storyline! When teenage mutant Lorna Dane accidentally commits a horrific crime, will the X-Men protect her, or leave her to the fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Collects ULTIMATE X-MEN #61-65.
120 PGS./RATED A ...$12.99
In stores 2/15/06

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be an Ultimate Valentine Special so that we can have an excuse to show Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver cuddling between the sheets.

Ultimate Extinction - Awful cover.

Ultimate Fantastic Four - Awful premise...and worse cover...

Ultimate Spider-Man - Vulture looks badass... looking forward to it. Not so fond of the corporation wars though.

Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk - Eh, still nothing new. Covers don't impress either

Ultimate X-Men -
Ultimate SABERTOOTH BABY!!! :rockon:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #90
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY"SILVER SABLE"
Just when Spidey has things under control with Silver Sable, in flies a winged horror to make his Ultimate debut—the Vulture! And this is a Vulture more deadly than you can imagine, with weapons to make him a match for any super hero. But is it Spidey he wants to take down or is there an even more sinister agenda involved—including the Roxxon Corporation? Guest starring Ultimate Iron Man! Part 5 (of 5).
32 PGS./RATED A ...$2.50
In stores 2/22/06

how many people can we cram into on issue? all we need now is metal bones and we'll be good.

Last edited:
nigma said:
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #90
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY"SILVER SABLE"
Just when Spidey has things under control with Silver Sable, in flies a winged horror to make his Ultimate debut—the Vulture! And this is a Vulture more deadly than you can imagine, with weapons to make him a match for any super hero. But is it Spidey he wants to take down or is there an even more sinister agenda involved—including the Roxxon Corporation? Guest starring Ultimate Iron Man! Part 5 (of 5).
32 PGS./RATED A ...$2.50
In stores 2/22/06

how many people can we cram into on issue? all we need now is metal bones and we'll be good.
Just what I was thinking.

Awesome month. I can't wait for Ultimate Extinction and Ultimate Spider-Man. The title I want the most, though, is Ultimate X-Men. This looks like it won't lose it's spark after Vaughan leaves. Awesome.

Still not thrilled about UFF, though.

Meanwhile, the mystery of Ultimate Silver Surfer deepens as he attempts to kill detective Misty Knight.

Wha?.... huh? I thought the big thing about ultimate silver surfer was the fact that USS might not be a "he"......

marvel executives are jerks....:cry:

and i suppose the whole idea would've felt kinda overused after ultimate vision got the sex change...

germane said:
marvel executives are jerks....:cry:

and i suppose the whole idea would've felt kinda overused after ultimate vision got the sex change...
Actually, it was Ellis who did the tease.

germane said:
If I'm not mistaken, Ellis teasing about Silver Surfer's gender happened BEFORE they announced Ultimate Vision the Robobabe.

They had better not be screwing with about vulture being a badass it sounds like they are speaking too highly of them. im sick of them raping great characters e.x. shocker. As for extinction it looks good cover dosnt suck so bad wolvirene looks like a retard. UFF had better explain how everyone knew about the FF before they were even made. Thats about all i have to say im pissed they are making us wait an extra month for UIM #5 i want that over and done

germane said:
Wha?.... huh? I thought the big thing about ultimate silver surfer was the fact that USS might not be a "he"......

There were a load of rumors that the Silver Surfer may be a girl/extremely different than his 616 counterpart. As we get closer to seeing him showing up, it doesn't look like there's going to be much of a change. I'd like to see a slight change, but nothing drastic. I agree with whoever said the board should be swapped for waves of cosmis rays or something.

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #2 (of 5)

So the chick IS Moondragon? Ah well, guess I was wrong. I'm actually glad SS is a male, it makes more sense. The "Psychic Onslaught" sounds awesome, though. Cover is crappy, though (And I usually love Peterson's artwork).

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #27

OH THANK GOD! We going to get a continuity glitch explanation! And I'm all for the time travel bit, as long as it STAYS within the UFF. Cover sucks, too.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #90

Is it me, or does Vultue look like a green Ultimate Beetle? Still, I'm glad they're doing Vulture and making him a significant threat. It better be Adrian Toomes, too, otherwise his appearance in the game will have been a waste. Love the cover.

ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS. HULK #2 (of 6)

Story sounds great. Cover is good, but not great.

ULTIMATE X-MEN #67

The return of Sabertooth!? It's too good to be true. . .I love Kirkman. Seriously, him and Vaughan will have given this title new life. Cover looks great.

. . .AND WHERE THE *** IS THE ULTIMATES!? What happened to the whole "10, 11 and 12 need to come out quick or the story will be ruined!"?! Now i know why Ultimates 3 comes out in october. . .because they're expecting Ultimate 2 #12 in September.

Last edited:
I'm glad SS is a male. Bald females piss me off for some reason. Thats why im not as excited about Ultimate Vision. Vision was one of my fav 616 characters, but the gender change just put me off.

I dont know why, i just cant stand bald female characters :S

Nurhachi said:
I'm glad SS is a male. Bald females piss me off for some reason. Thats why im not as excited about Ultimate Vision. Vision was one of my fav 616 characters, but the gender change just put me off.

I dont know why, i just cant stand bald female characters :S

That's why we have Ultimate Vision II. So he can be the Vision we all know and love.

Latest posts

Back