Ultimate solicitations for June, 2005

I'm not sure that's what they are. Based on the descriptions I think they are like the books they sell at Target - oversized and collecting several issues at once, with naughty bits edited out. More for kids. If that's right I have no idea why they're called flip books.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think she'll be a cyborg in the Ultimate Universe. But seeing how her powers are similar to Wolverine's tell me what you guys think of these two ideas.

Lady Deathstryke's powers were not similar in the comics to Wolverines. That was a movie adaptation. The Ultimate version could be either one or follow neither.

Knowing vaughan he'll do a lot with the character, really clean up what she is, and probably take he abilities down to what is required, nothing too fancy.

ULTIMATE MARVEL #1
ULTIMATE X-MEN #1
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by JOE QUESADA

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #1
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
64 pgs / 3.99

ULTIMATE TALES #1
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #0
(First half of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1
(Second half of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils by MARK BAGLEY
Covers by JOE QUESADA
64 pgs / 3.99

Hmmmm, 64 pages? Even if "Ultimate Tales" is the first issue of Ult. Spider-Man reprinted, wasn't that only 48 pages? Are they adding pages, or is there going to be some type of sketch pages or something as a bonus? Wierd that they're calling the first half of the first issue #0. Those wacky Marvel guys!

The cover where Lady Deathstrike is supposed to show up shows that her fingers aren't covered in adamantium, rather they just seem like they are drawn out... Skin is still on the elongated knife-like nails. We'll see if that means anything, but I'm willing to bet that Vaughan is going to make alterations... Immonen seems to have changed her appearance some, although she looks like she's straight from the movie.

Goodwill said:
The cover where Lady Deathstrike is supposed to show up shows that her fingers aren't covered in adamantium, rather they just seem like they are drawn out... Skin is still on the elongated knife-like nails. We'll see if that means anything, but I'm willing to bet that Vaughan is going to make alterations... Immonen seems to have changed her appearance some, although she looks like she's straight from the movie.
Yes, she does. But on the cover, her nails isn't long, but her fingers. In 616, she could have her fingers grow very long, and retract them back. It looks like that might be the same here, cuz one hand has long fingers, and the other doesn't.

Well, I'm sure you know what I meant, but I said pretty much the same thing you did... I'll bet there are answers before the end of the sub-arc so we'll really have nothing to worry about! ;)

Cover scans have finally been added.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Again nothing special, Jim Lee's cover is cool but I'm not impressed with the other two. It's gonna be tough for cover of the month.
You mean "JAE LEE". Jim Lee is still only at DC. :wink:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Again nothing special, Jim Lee's cover is cool but I'm not impressed with the other two. It's gonna be tough for cover of the month.

That's Jae Lee.

Edit: nevermind. :D

Millar just explained why Ultimates 2 isn't in the June solits:

http://www.millarworld.net/index.php?showtopic=47082

Just got word: They've held it back two weeks so they can start the new storyline with Ultimates Starts month. Makes a lot of sense and I'm cool with that.

We always anticipated that the schedule would catch up with us somewhere around issue ten so this helps give Bryan that extra couple of weeks.

Case closed.

And then we had people saying Hitch "broke his promise". Tsk Tsk Tsk. Some people, I guess, just don't have faith, eh? :wink:

:lol:

well, Hitch is working on issue 7 now, so he has a fair amount of time to get it all in. So if there is a delay it would probably only be the last issue by a couple of weeks.

Though I still wonder

Latest posts

Back