Ultimate Spider-Man #103... SPOILERS!

How about you wait until we get a full explanation of the extent of Ock's new power in issue #104, before making that statement??

Wow, you guys are so dramatic :)

No. That's not needed. The accident gave him power over metal. So now he has fashioned new arms/legs outta the scrap metal all around him.

It's lame and completely cheapens/rapes the character of everything that made him 'him'.

I was so in love with the idea that he didn't need to be connected to the arms to control them. Now that idea has been sullied.

Speaking of explanations, I don't think we're ever going to find out why Kaine looks like that.

I can get Tarantula's origin just being a vague reference to mutations and biografts (as long as he GETS A NAME) but Kaine's screwed-up-ness is important to his character! Did he wake up that way? Did it happen to him later? When is he going to get a name, too?

I think 104 should be nonstop ***-kicking with a couple more deaths and 105 should be all fast-paced exposition, dealing with Nick Fury shutting down the clone lab, the fate of all the clones and a bit more of their history, how much the X-men find out and how they react, and what happens to Gwen and MJ. Peter is the main character, so his development through this should take place over AT LEAST the next two story arcs instead of being stuffed into a couple of issues. The more important tertiary characters like Gwen and MJ should also get more space to develop, even though their general direction should be laid out in 105.

Of course, 104 will probably be a huge mess where Bendis bends over backwards to avoid any kind of status quo change or resolution and 105 will give a long, painfully drawn-out tale of how all the clones went away and were never, ever seen again.

Please, Bendis, just this once... make it my best-case scenario, or even something good I haven't thought of yet. Just this once, don't disappoint.

RAPE RAPE RAPE

God, you dramaqueens. I don't much like Clone Saga either, but there was a precedent for this. Doc Ock did mention latent mutant powers in Ultimate Six, so this isn't out of left field at all.

Is it the new powers that ruins the character or is it the contrived villainy that is hardly believeable that is the last straw on the camels back? Hmm...

HA!

If that's your logic, then you must hate 616 Norman Osborn :)

How about you wait until we get a full explanation of the extent of Ock's new power in issue #104, before making that statement??

Here's the problem - either it's really true, which is stupid, or he's lying or mistaken, which makes it a total throwaway cliffhanger and which is just as stupid. Either way, we lose.

RAPE RAPE RAPE

God, you dramaqueens. I don't much like Clone Saga either, but there was a precedent for this. Doc Ock did mention latent mutant powers in Ultimate Six, so this isn't out of left field at all.

We already have 2 Magnetos.

I was so in love with the idea that he didn't need to be connected to the arms to control them. Now that idea has been sullied.

You don't know that for certain yet. Wait until the final part of this story before judging.

Damn, I hope you're not a Judge. You'd convict them before the trial was over :)

RAPE RAPE RAPE

Stop making so much sense and being so reasonable. It doesn't suit this forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:

If you can name two viable explanations that would make the situation any better, than I'll relax. But looking at it right now there's not much that can help the character known for his metal tentacles to now controlling metal.

Here's the problem - either it's really true, which is stupid, or he's lying or mistaken, which makes it a total throwaway cliffhanger and which is just as stupid. Either way, we lose.

No, we don't lose. Because you don't know what will actually happen. Those are not the only possible scenarios.

And big whoop even if it is a throwaway cliffhanger. The way you people are carrying on, you'd think you'd be happy with that :lol:

If you can name two viable explanations that would make the situation any better, than I'll relax. But looking at it right now there's not much that can help the character known for his metal tentacles to now controlling metal.

Controlling the metal of his tentacles. If he could control all metal, then what would be the point in making tentacles??

THINK!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop saying that the USM haters are dramatic. There have been entire threads dedicated to the justification of our drama. I am going to yell, I am going to scream (and maybe even cry a little bit) because if I am not dramatic about the clone saga, then Bendis will just keep on thinking that he can write whatever he wants. Actually, he'll always think that. He's not being radical and different; just stupid.

The clone saga was ok the first time around in 616. It was stupid the second time around. All of the stories where Ben Reilly was Spider-Man were dumb. You'd think that Marvel could get it right on their third try...but alas, it was not to be.

I'm going to go and use a buzz saw on my face now. Good day.

Stop saying that the USM haters are dramatic. There have been entire threads dedicated to the justification of our drama.

Yeah, you don't like what he writes. Others do. It's all opinion. But the way you lot carry on, you'd think he just caused World War 3 or something.

I am going to yell, I am going to scream (and maybe even cry a little bit) because if I am not dramatic about the clone saga, then Bendis will just keep on thinking that he can write whatever he wants. Actually, he'll always think that. He's not being radical and different; just stupid.

Hahahahahahaha!!! If that actually worked, we'd all be doing it at Joe Q for screwing up 616 Spider-Man.

Throw all the tantrums you like. They don't listen ;)

Yeah, you don't like what he writes. Others do. It's all opinion. But the way you lot carry on, you'd think he just caused World War 3 or something.

Hahahahahahaha!!! If that actually worked, we'd all be doing it at Joe Q for screwing up 616 Spider-Man.

Throw all the tantrums you like. They don't listen ;)

That's not true. I enjoyed Alias, I liked The Pulse, New Avengers was ok and Daredevil was kickass. But USM is sucking horribly. And so did House of M...what a crappy idea. And Bendis may not be responsible for WWIII, but he did make MJ into manwolf, which is like, almost as bad.

And by the way, I do believe that my angry hate mail will eventually make Quesada listen.

That's not true. I enjoyed Alias, I liked The Pulse, New Avengers was ok and Daredevil was kickass. But USM is sucking horribly. And so did House of M...what a crappy idea. And Bendis may not be responsible for WWIII, but he did make MJ into manwolf, which is like, almost as bad.

No dude, I'm not talking about DD or New Avengers, I'm talking about 616 Spider-Man. Totem rubbish, Sins Past, the Other, unmasking himself to the world, the supposed upcoming break up of the Spider marriage etc.

Joe Q is *** raping Stan Lee's number one creation.

And by the way, I do believe that my angry hate mail will eventually make Quesada listen.

Well if he does, I'll buy you a beer or three ;)

No dude, I'm not talking about DD or New Avengers, I'm talking about 616 Spider-Man. Totem rubbish, Sins Past, the Other, unmasking himself to the world, the supposed upcoming break up of the Spider marriage etc.

Joe Q is *** raping Stan Lee's number one creation.

Well if he does, I'll buy you a beer or three ;)

I was talking about when you told me that we didn't like anything that Bendis wrote; That's not true. He's writen two amazing books if you ask me. Almost everything else has been crap.

And yes...we can agree that 616 Spider-Man actually is indeed getting raped quite often. He just keeps taking it hard over and over again...

Quesada WILL bend to my will eventually.

I was talking about when you told me that we didn't like anything that Bendis wrote; That's not true. He's writen two amazing books if you ask me. Almost everything else has been crap.

Oh right. My bad.

But that's what I don't get. Ultimate universe is an alternate universe. It has no rules. If you can accept a Green Goblin who looks like the Incredible Hulk with no glider, pumpkin bombs.....nothing Goblin like about him at all, a Hobgoblin who looks like a yellow armadillo who can barely string a sentence together, Carnage as a mindless entity, Rhino as a midget in a robot suit, Shocker as a two bit loser thug etc. But you have a beef with Ock, the BEST written villain in the series, being able to control the metal of his tentacles.

*Shrug* I don't understand your logic.

And yes...we can agree that 616 Spider-Man actually is indeed getting raped quite often. He just keeps taking it hard over and over again...

Exactly. That is not the Ultimate universe. It has over 40 years of good standards to abide by. Not like the Ultimate universe, where all bets are off.

Last edited:
Oh right. My bad.

But that's what I don't get. Ultimate universe is an alternate universe. It has no rules. If you can accept a Green Goblin who looks like the Incredible Hulk with no glider, pumpkin bombs.....nothing Goblin like about him at all, a Hobgoblin who looks like a yellow armadillo who can barely string a sentence together, Carnage as a mindless entity, Rhino as a midget in a robot suit, Shocker as a two bit loser thug etc. But you have a beef with Ock, the BEST written villain in the series, being able to control the metal of his tentacles.

*Shrug* I don't understand your logic.

Because Goblin Hulk started off as Goblin Hulk. Osborne wasn't useing a suit until the 50th issue where surprise the Oz formula pulls a MJ-Goblin and he rips through the suit revealing it also makes him a monster. No one likes secondary mutations. No one likes when original powers are added too or ****ed with. If you want to make a character insteresting work with his actions and words not his physical appearance.

Because Goblin Hulk started off as Goblin Hulk. Osborne wasn't useing a suit until the 50th issue where surprise the Oz formula pulls a MJ-Goblin and he rips through the suit revealing it also makes him a monster. No one likes secondary mutations.

That's ridiculous. There's been tons of secondary mutations in the regular comics, and nobody has complained.

If you want to make a character insteresting work with his actions and words not his physical appearance.

And Bendis did. Kudos to him for making Ock the mastermind. He was the best candidate for it, especially with his history with Peter and his blood work. All the pieces fit.

Ock's speech about why he did it in #103 was awesome. Octavius has always craved recognition of his genius and scientific work. Especially when he added that as an added bonus it also perverts every part of Peter's life.

Last edited:
This point has been brought up several times; It doesn't matter that characters are different, that sagas are different or that powers or appearances are different; What matters is that all of Bendis' recent ideas are stupid.

Personally, I HATE Ultimate MJ. She's *****y and annoying and I wouldn't mind seeing her killed. However, making her a big goblin monster thing is just stupid. Making Deadpool a mutant hating terrorist-assasin-guy isn't bad because it wrecks a character that "shouldn't be touched" but because it's a bad idea.

The entire clone saga has just been one big, bad idea and I'm sick of it.

This point has been brought up several times; It doesn't matter that characters are different, that sagas are different or that powers or appearances are different

Wow, reading thru this thread, that certainly does not seem to be the case.

Personally, I HATE Ultimate MJ. She's *****y and annoying and I wouldn't mind seeing her killed. However, making her a big goblin monster thing is just stupid.

You speak as though her Goblin mutation is permanent.

Making Deadpool a mutant hating terrorist-assasin-guy isn't bad because it wrecks a character that "shouldn't be touched" but because it's a bad idea.

Why?? Why does he have to be the same as the 616 character??

The entire clone saga has just been one big, bad idea and I'm sick of it.

To each his own :)

Latest posts

Back