Ultimate Spider-Man #105 discussion (Spoilers!)

Issued

Re: Do you have faith in Bendis for the future of USM?

can someone give a spoiler to #105
I won't be able to get it for a few more days
and I really wonder what happens

oh god they are soooo optimistic, I felt like every single person that are able to hate USM gathered here in UC.

anyway, it doesn't sound so bad from their point of view,and looks like some stuff will be left the way I wanted them to

* aunt may knows pete is spidey
* mj is having troubles after all they went through
* still mj and pete seems to be together

yay!

Last edited by a moderator:

oh god they are soooo optimistic, I felt like every single person that are able to hate USM gathered here in UC.

anyway, it doesn't sound so bad from their point of view,and looks like some stuff will be left the way I wanted them to

* aunt may knows pete is spidey
* mj is having troubles after all they went through
* still mj and pete seems to be together

yay!

I don't think you should be discussing that issue in this thread. It's not marked for spoilers and the issue only came out today. I think you should wait until a thread is opened up for the issue or use the spoiler bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
soooo did anyone actualy read it

I did though i suck at summery's

I will say this...aooerantly MJ is not really cured

And peter pretty much cheated on Kitty...yes we all knew he would go back to MJ but you'd think he had a heart and break up with kitty first...eh

Re: Spider-man 105(spoilers)

The closest I ever got to a threesome was as a freshman in high school, and I haven't gotten near that close since.

It's not a rule to summarize the issue when you post, but this is an ultimate issue and we've got no information people!

I flipped through it at the comic book store. It looked crap so I didn't pick it up.

That seems to happen every issue. When is Bendis going to do something original?

That seems to happen every issue. When is Bendis going to do something original?

From what I saw, Fury mended things with Pete, after MJ told him how much Peter respects him (yeah. right). Peter mended things with MJ by kissing her and telling her he loved her. Peter mended things with May by telling her how much he loved her. and.... well, that was it.

Last edited:
Spoiler posts from another thread have been merged. Maybe someone who has actually read the issue can fix this thread? :)

I could actually download this issue right now, read it, and summarize it for everyone, but I can't be bothered. That's how you know how bad a comic has gotten. You can't even be bothered getting it for free.

Geez. Someone could've just copied the one from the link.

Here ya go:

The issue starts off at The Baxter Building where Reed Richards is asking Peter if he wants to be cured. Peter is astonished, but tells Reed he'll have to think about it. Peter takes off to go see Aunt May, and Mj stays behind at the Baxter Building. Minutes after he leaves Nick Fury shows up asking where Peter is so he can contain the situation. Mj can't understand why Fury wants to arrest Peter so much and tells Fury that in a way Peter looks up to him as a father figure. This gets to Fury and he leaves. Next, Kitty and the X-men fly over Queens looking at the damage. Jean listens in on S.H.E.I.L.D. Agents thoughts and hears that Peter's aunt is in the hospital. Next Page, Peter sits beside Aunt May's bed feeling horrible about what has happened. He begins to talk to her (even though she is asleep). He tells her he is so sorry for lying to her and that he should have told her. He also tells her he thinks of her as his mother. Then Nick Fury walks in. Peter gets pretty angry with him for building the spider-slayers. Fury tells him that he did it incase Peter snapped and became some big super-villian. He just wanted to be prepared. He tells Peter that is he doesn't screw eveything up that he may become something special. As he leaves he tells Fury to tell Reed that he says no to the offer. Outside the room Jean & Kitty are cloaked listening to the conversation. Kitty begs Prof. X to erase Aunt May's memory so tht she won't remember Peter being Spidey, but Prof. X says no and Kitty gets pissed. Inside the room May wakes up and tells Peter that his costume is horrible (I love tht line) and she hugs him with tears in her eyes. Back in Queens Mj is reunited with her mom. Somewhere else Peter & Spider-woman meet. She tells im tht she is going to leave and become Jessica Drew and maybe be a super-hero, and then they hug as Jessica says, "Ready for the most awkward hug ever?" (another good line). Next page, Nick Fury stands in a S.H.E.I.L.D. facility with a group of scientists looking at Scorpion & Gwen-Carnage sedated in two display tanks. Fury tells the scientists to get to work. Queens the next day, Peter looks at the damage at his house. Mj walks up. She tells him that she told her mom Norman Osborn attacked her and Spidey saved her. Mj's mom comes on the scene on she tells Peter tht he will be staying with them. Mj tells Peter tht she is glad tht she has him back and they kiss. In the background Kitty watches as they do. Later, as Mj brushes her teeth she looks in the mirror and shes a reflection of Kaine behind her. She turns around screaming, but it's only Peter behind her.

Last edited:
Awesome.... Hopefully Fury and May will hook up, so they can be like Spidey's parents.

:D Peter's living with his girlfriend, in high school. Lucky bastard.

We pick up where we left off last time. If you need a refresher on who's there, it's Peter, MJ, Ben Grimm, Reed, Johnny, and Dr. Storm. Everyone's chatting up Bendis chat and after a few panels it's decided that Reed should run some tests on MJ and Peter will go check on Aunt May. Johnny lends a flamming hand and he's off with Peter to the hospital. After two panel shots of "let's stand here and pose", Cap, Iron Man, Wasp and the magically-walking-on-air Nick Fury arrive at the BB.

Nick: Screw y'all.
Thing: Peter's not a bad guy. >:0
Nick: No, but I'm an ***. Gimme him.
MJ: He looks up to you like a dad, you know. Stop being such a jerk, you prick.
Nick: :eek:

Then.. oh, hey, I missed this page when I first read this. The X-Men are over Forest Hills in the invisible X-Jet. Jean reads the minds of some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to discover where Aunt May is, and off they go!

Gwen (oops, I mean Sue) is watching May sleep. Weird. Also, the room's really dark. Suspicious. Peter comes in and interupts Sue's drool-fest to inform her that he somehow knows that the Richard clone was a fake. I don't know how he knows that, but he does. The two just go "Yeah, who cares about him" and Sue, obviously embarrased after having been walked in on unleashing her passion for middle-aged women, leaves.

Peter cries and talks to his unconcious mother. Yes, mother. He does an emotional "it hurt when you said I wasn't your son. Because to me I am your son" deal. Then Nick Fury, in the mood to spice things up, walks in. He doesn't walk in through a door, but through a curtain. Jeez, where are they keeping her? o_O Fury also has Cap and Iron Man (who don't say a word throughout the entire issue, mind you) before telling them to go away. So why were they there in the first place? Well, whatever.

Nick Fury: So I built some Spider-Slayers.
Peter: To take down the clones?
Fury: No, to take down you.
Peter: ... uh, why?
Fury: Because I'm Nick Fury, *****!!!!!
Peter: ...
Fury: I was afraid you would go crazy after I showed up at your hourse with a bunch of robots.
Peter: But I didn't.
Fury: Yup.

Fury than leaves and May, with great timing, wakes up to tell us that she does remember Peter's Spider-Man. Who's behind the curtain this time? It's Kitty and Jean! They don't go through, though; they're just telling Xavier to make May forget and Xavier (at the mansion) says no. Kitty gets ticked and storms off as if it would accomplish something. Jean continues to spy on Peter and May (who calls Peter "her boy") and then departs into a dark hallway. Does this hospital not have lights?

I wonder why people aren't going "wtf, why are you here!?". Sue, Jean, Kitty, Fury, Iron Man, Cap and possibly Wasp were all in that tiny space within thirty seconds and they don't seem even notice each other. Weird.

Meanwhile! Sharon Carter is now magically a blonde and telling the people at Forest Hills bull. MJ's mom (holding a picture of her daughter that seems to be from late elemtary school/early middle school) is there. MJ sneaks up behind her with some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (one of which is Woo.)

At the warehouse, Peter and Jessica meet up. Jessica tells Peter that she wants to go to Midtown. She them promptly tells him she was joking. They flirt (I'm dead serious), have a passionate hug, and then Jessica goes off to start her own life. Peter notes the finger webs to us.

At the Trisk, Nick and some other people (one of which looks like Stark), see Tarantuala and the still-naked Gwen in giant pink tubes.

Old guy: What would you have us do to them, General?
Fury: Get to work...

Closure is overrated, don't ya think?

Peter looks at the burnt Parker house and MJ comes by, saying her mom was told Norman Osborn took her and that she was unconcious the entire time. Oh, Peter's staying at MJ's for a while and May's still in the poorly-lit, superhero-filled hospital. MJ and Peter also get the day of from school for whatever reason. Then they kiss... just in time for Kitty to see. Kitty takes up seven whole panels going "...well, crap" without any dialogue.

It's 5:55 p.m. And MJ's getting up from bed. She then goes off to look at Peter, also sleeping. Yeah, at 5:55 p.m. Either they've been having sexxors and are easily exhausted or we have a typo on our hands. MJ begins to bursh her teeth, but her hand's all shaky and goes "!!!" before claming herself down before seeing Kaine in the mirror. Wait, it's not Kaine, it's Peter. That doesn't stop MJ from three "AAIIEEEEEEE!!!!"s, though. Peter gives her a hug going "it's okay..." over and over again.

THE END.

...kay. 3.5/5, I guess. Let's hope this series gets back on track. Plz. :(

Last edited:
you forgot the part where i shot a hole through the past 50 or so issues of USM.

We pick up where we left off last time. If you need a refresher on who's there, it's Peter, MJ, Ben Grimm, Reed, Johnny, and Dr. Storm. Everyone's chatting up Bendis chat and after a few panels it's decided that Reed should run some tests on MJ and Peter will go check on Aunt May. Johnny lends a flamming hand and he's off with Peter to the hospital. After two panel shots of "let's stand here and pose", Cap, Iron Man, Wasp and the magically-walking-on-air Nick Fury arrive at the BB.

Nick: Screw y'all.
Thing: Peter's not a bad guy. >:0
Nick: No, but I'm an ***. Gimme him.
MJ: He looks up to you like a dad, you know. Stop being such a jerk, you prick.
Nick: :eek:

Then.. oh, hey, I missed this page when I first read this. The X-Men are over Forest Hills in the invisible X-Jet. Jean reads the minds of some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to discover where Aunt May is, and off they go!

Gwen (oops, I mean Sue) is watching May sleep. Weird. Also, the room's really dark. Suspicious. Peter comes in and interupts Sue's drool-fest to inform her that he somehow knows that the Richard clone was a fake. I don't know how he knows that, but he does. The two just go "Yeah, who cares about him" and Sue, obviously embarrased after having been walked in on unleashing her passion for middle-aged women, leaves.

Peter cries and talks to his unconcious mother. Yes, mother. He does an emotional "it hurt when you said I wasn't your son. Because to me I am your son" deal. Then Nick Fury, in the mood to spice things up, walks in. He doesn't walk in through a door, but through a curtain. Jeez, where are they keeping her? o_O Fury also has Cap and Iron Man (who don't say a word throughout the entire issue, mind you) before telling them to go away. So why were they there in the first place? Well, whatever.

Nick Fury: So I built some Spider-Slayers.
Peter: To take down the clones?
Fury: No, to take down you.
Peter: ... uh, why?
Fury: Because I'm Nick Fury, *****!!!!!
Peter: ...
Fury: I was afraid you would go crazy after I showed up at your hourse with a bunch of robots.
Peter: But I didn't.
Fury: Yup.

Fury than leaves and May, with great timing, wakes up to tell us that she does remember Peter's Spider-Man. Who's behind the curtain this time? It's Kitty and Jean! They don't go through, though; they're just telling Xavier to make May forget and Xavier (at the mansion) says no. Kitty gets ticked and storms off as if it would accomplish something. Jean continues to spy on Peter and May (who calls Peter "her boy") and then departs into a dark hallway. Does this hospital not have lights?

I wonder why people aren't going "wtf, why are you here!?". Sue, Jean, Kitty, Fury, Iron Man, Cap and possibly Wasp were all in that tiny space within thirty seconds and they don't seem even notice each other. Weird.

Meanwhile! Sharon Carter is now magically a blonde and telling the people at Forest Hills bull. MJ's mom (holding a picture of her daughter that seems to be from late elemtary school/early middle school) is there. MJ sneaks up behind her with some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (one of which is Woo.)

At the warehouse, Peter and Jessica meet up. Jessica tells Peter that she wants to go to Midtown. She them promptly tells him she was joking. They flirt (I'm dead serious), have a passionate hug, and then Jessica goes off to start her own life. Peter notes the finger webs to us.

At the Trisk, Nick and some other people (one of which looks like Stark), see Tarantuala and the still-naked Gwen in giant pink tubes.

Old guy: What would you have us do to them, General?
Fury: Get to work...

Closure is overrated, don't ya think?

Peter looks at the burnt Parker house and MJ comes by, saying her mom was told Norman Osborn took her and that she was unconcious the entire time. Oh, Peter's staying at MJ's for a while and May's still in the poorly-lit, superhero-filled hospital. MJ and Peter also get the day of from school for whatever reason. Then they kiss... just in time for Kitty to see. Kitty takes up seven whole panels going "...well, crap" without any dialogue.

It's 5:55 p.m. And MJ's getting up from bed. She then goes off to look at Peter, also sleeping. Yeah, at 5:55 p.m. Either they've been having sexxors and are easily exhausted or we have a typo on our hands. MJ begins to bursh her teeth, but her hand's all shaky and goes "!!!" before claming herself down before seeing Kaine in the mirror. Wait, it's not Kaine, it's Peter. That doesn't stop MJ from three "AAIIEEEEEEE!!!!"s, though. Peter gives her a hug going "it's okay..." over and over again.

THE END.

...kay. 3.5/5, I guess. Let's hope this series gets back on track. Plz. :(

Well, it sounds decent. Well, as decent as an epilogue to the Clone Crapfest can get.

I dunno. Maybe I just don't care anymore. :|

I loved the cheap-shot that was made towards 616 Spider-Man stories:

Peter: "Norman Osborn?"
MJ: " Hey, it's better than telling her what really happened."
Peter: "Maybe we should tell her."
MJ: "Hey, it worked. Let it be."
Peter: "I should start blaming him for everything."

:lol:

You know, I was honestly impressed with this issue. Not that it was a penultimate comic or anything, just a vast improvement over this arc as a whole (and title as a whole for a long while now). I hope this trend continues. The annoying, over-done Bendis dialogue is still there. And more than a few of the characters come off as wooden, one-dimensional, and even out of character, but these usualy irks were easily looked over due to the rest of the issue. There was a lot of good in the issue, and several surprises for me as well. The most important was Bendis not taking th Dues Ex Machina route and having Prof. X erase Aunt May's knowledge of Peter's identity as Spider-Man. I'm glad that May now knows Peter's secret, as it will not only help add a new dynamic to their relationship (and thereby hopefully make May a more interesting character in the future), but also lead to a lot of drama (May's internal/external conflict on allowing Peter to do what he does knowing the inherent danger to him and those he loves).

Anyway, good issue, 4/5. I'll post more later.

I sort of agree with Irish. This was about as good of a job as could have been done cleaning up the mess that this arc was. I actually thought the issue was pretty good...

...until the last page, which ruined the entire comic.

1/5.

0/5 for the entire arc.

Latest posts

Back