Ultimate Spider-Man #105 discussion (Spoilers!)

I never understood why no one likes the Kitty Spiderman angle.

I love it

Me too.

And the worst thing is it was never even explored, outside of Deadpool.

They were together for almost two years and they only interacted once before breaking up (maybe). I still think they might have a chance.

Like probably now that they're back it's MJ's turn to break up with Peter because she's afraid of getting hurt again, and then both chicks'll be mad at him. He could end up with Kitty yet.

I never understood why no one likes the Kitty Spiderman angle.

I love it

Well it was always obvious that Kitty took the relationship a lot more seriously than then Peter did. Rebound relationships are never a good thing. So I think Peter a jerk for indulging when MJ was in his head all along. If you break up with girl, fine, but don't half do it then get someone else who is serious while you are conflicted. Jerk. (Though in this issue Kitty was a little crazy, she should have gone and talked to Peter in the hospital)

Hey but bringing up something else what do we think is gonna happen to Scorpion and Carnagwen?

Well it was always obvious that Kitty took the relationship a lot more seriously than then Peter did. Rebound relationships are never a good thing. So I think Peter a jerk for indulging when MJ was in his head all along. If you break up with girl, fine, but don't half do it then get someone else who is serious while you are conflicted. Jerk.
It's not like Peter's slapping Kitty across the face. :/ He's a fictional teenage boy.

Hey but bringing up something else what do we think is gonna happen to Scorpion and Carnagwen?
My best bet will be that they will be utterly ignored for 50+ issues than brought back for no real reason.

Fury basically said in this issue that even though he would truly sympathize if Peter became a supervillain, he would still put him down without mercy. That's what Scorpion is. I don't think Fury will want to use someone as unstable as Scorpion, so I think he'll try to get the tail off and depower him. However, that would probably be boring, so I doubt it'll happen. If Fury does decide to use Scorpy, he'll probably put some kind of self-destruct into the suit.

I think Gwarnage is way too dangerous. She tossed Ben, who is so heavy he makes the ground shake without an unstable molecule suit, several stories up into the air. She's nearly invulnerable. She could, at any moment, morph into an unstable, psychopathic monster that can kill almost every being on the planet. I think she'll be kept sedated until Fury can cure her, control her, or as a last resort, kill her.

About what Little Brother said: Ultimate Maximum Carnage, anyone?

Last edited:
About what Little Brother said: Ultimate Maximum Carnage, anyone?
That sounds like a possibility, actually.

If done correctly, a story about Carnage running amok in New York and causing widespread panic could actually work pretty well. Unfortunately, Bendis does not have the best track record with the still-to-be-named Ultimate Carnage.

Last edited:
I don't think she's afraid of Peter. He just reminds her of Kaine.
:lol: She screamed and backed away from him, yes, he reminds her of Kaine, and for that split second she was deathly afraid of him.

I feel bad for Pete, because he obviously made the decision to go with MJ after her life was put in danger and MJ's PTSD from the whole event may end up sabotaging it. My guess is Kitty won't give up that easily either, thus ensuring lots of juicy drama for Peter in the near future.

I was hoping MJ would grow stronger as a character.

Jeez.

We heard about being tossed off a bridge for how many damn issues?

How are we going to be hearing about this now?

God, make her less of a whiner, make Peter stronger, and have May lay off of Peter some!

(still not reading the book, just what I think from reading the comments)

I was hoping MJ would grow stronger as a character.

Yeah.

What does she get out of this? Poorly executed bouts of hysterics?

I can't wait to see what a crutch this turns into.

It'll be worth it. 90% of his angst is drawn from his problems with MJ. And it'll be the Gwen Stacy syndrome again...he'll forget eventually.
Knowing how Gwen's death was handled, I would give MJ's death's impact on Peter to last for three issues before going poof.

Last edited:
Knowing how Gwen's death was handled, I would give MJ's death's impact on Peter to last for three issues before going poof.

I was talking about 616 Gwen...but you're right. He'll get a few hugs, quit being Spider-man, become Spider-man again and...that's that.

Kitty Pryde... dumped in no words... I think her slow descent into the background said it all. It saddens me, because it was the most exciting thing to me in recent memory. It reminded me of when the book was in it's first days, when everything was so new and exciting and Bendis hadn't soured on the internet crowd yet. The mere idea of something different from the established continuity. We liked Mary Jane, because we were getting to know her, fall in love with her all over again. Gwen was probably the most drastic change, and we loved the book all the more.

But somewhere along the line, (I'm my opinion, it began after the Carnage arc,) the book got lazy... while continuing arcs were peppered with fanboy goodness, the book grew predictable... conventional. But Kitty Pryde came in, a promise of another change, (not to mention her 616 connection to a different Peter:p) and I warmed to the book again.

And now it's over. The Deadpool arc promised what seemed to be the beginnings of a new direction for the series, where you couldn't predict what would happen to him, and MJ's status as sacred cow/Peter's OTL began to crack. But the book has fallen in on itself, and now it feels as though we are back where we started, emotionally, with the characters.

But there are the hints, perhaps MJ's 'cure' isn't as permanent as Reed thought. Gwen/not!Carnage's fate is in the air. And Kitty's fade into the distance... I doubt she will let Peter go so easily.

I'm not done with this book yet... I think there is another head coming in Death of a Goblin.

-Matt Rios

I think the people at marvel has something big planned with kitty

her relationships with the x-men is breaking down
she just saw her boyfriend kissing his ex.
she is obviously going to have a big breakdown

she might even turn into "the next big super villain" in Fury's words.
that would be interesting.

I think the people at marvel has something big planned with kitty

her relationships with the x-men is breaking down
she just saw her boyfriend kissing his ex.
she is obviously going to have a big breakdown

she might even turn into "the next big super villain" in Fury's words.
that would be interesting.

Or...just a pychotic girlfriend

Latest posts

Back